Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 49

Thread: nTelos Coverage

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    19
    Device(s)
    Motorola V265
    Carrier(s)
    nTelos (Regional Service)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by theclarks1
    There you just went from bad to worse(IMO). LG has one of the worst RF on the market. Samsung, I have had one and that will be the last. I would rather have a kyocera than the samsung or the lg. Have you guys had issues with the charging ports on the kx13? Motorola or Nokia are the only 2 phones that I would ever use.
    We haven't had any issues with the charge port, on any handset, except the 8910, and just about every Motorola. Finally, Motorola changed their faulty charge port on the new 323.

    Audiovox is our biggest problem, and Kyocera isn't far behind. Motorola and Nokia kill them when it comes to service and overall handset.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    768
    Device(s)
    Nokia 6255i
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kommercial
    We haven't had any issues with the charge port, on any handset, except the 8910, and just about every Motorola. Finally, Motorola changed their faulty charge port on the new 323.

    Audiovox is our biggest problem, and Kyocera isn't far behind. Motorola and Nokia kill them when it comes to service and overall handset.
    Truthfully on the motorola chargers I think that its more a customer issue. I also have found if you look at the port and it looks damaged or black most of the time I have been able to use a small pair of tweezers or a razor knife and scrape them off. They gum up really bad sometimes. I have had at least 5 motorola phones and I have yet to have that issue. But I dont talk with it in the car in my ear while in the charger. The new chargers that I have seen on the V3 is a mini usb charger. I know that the v171 is diffrent also. But you do know that the audiovox charger is the same as the one that fits the kx9, soho, and several other lg's right? I have only seen a handfull of charging issues on those. The KX13 problem I have seen is where the piece comes out of the phone. But there again I dont like the kyoceras either.
    Last edited by theclarks1; 02-03-2006 at 05:21 PM.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8
    Feedback Score
    0
    Well, they are currently considering of getting rid of Audiovox and replacing with LG ( YAY!!! - Not really )- Personally, I dont like Audiovox or Kyocera, not a fan of Nokia but, can't deny that they're excellent handsets. The Kyocera KX-13 I think has charging ports issues, I know we had a big issue with the Motorola C-343 and from then on....we bascially advised Motorola we would stop selling their products if they didn't correct the issue. Not that we are that big of a buyer, but, important en ough to where it caught their attention.

    I agree with you on the customer error, some people just don't know how to put a plug in a charge port....which is why most get denied for warranty

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Force99
    Well, they are currently considering of getting rid of Audiovox and replacing with LG ( YAY!!! - Not really )- Personally, I dont like Audiovox or Kyocera, not a fan of Nokia but, can't deny that they're excellent handsets. The Kyocera KX-13 I think has charging ports issues, I know we had a big issue with the Motorola C-343 and from then on....we bascially advised Motorola we would stop selling their products if they didn't correct the issue. Not that we are that big of a buyer, but, important en ough to where it caught their attention.

    I agree with you on the customer error, some people just don't know how to put a plug in a charge port....which is why most get denied for warranty

    Never knew about the charge port being somewhat Universal for other handsets - still don't like any of those models

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    768
    Device(s)
    Nokia 6255i
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cingularian
    Nokias are generally better than Motos as far as RF goes and the 6255i is a really nice one
    I have to say that I disagree. I have always had moto's and I can say that most of the time they are equal and it depends on the model that you have. I have found that the phones that are lower end, dont get as good as rf as the other higher end models do. I have 2 diffrent people on diffrent plans with the 6255 that get poor battery life also. But its a good phone. Try the V710, very nice full featured phone.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    768
    Device(s)
    Nokia 6255i
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Force99
    Never knew about the charge port being somewhat Universal for other handsets - still don't like any of those models
    LG 5450, Quallcomm 2035, kyo aktiv, soho kx1, kyo blade, audiovox 8910, 8615, and loads of other handsets use the same charger. We sell tons of these chargers. Really I havent had any of them come back. But still most of those models I dont care for either. We havent had any audiovox phones for quite a while. We didnt even have the 8910 at christmas time. Do you guys still have those?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4
    Device(s)
    Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    NTelos
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have been with Ntelos now for years and I have honestly wondered why lately most of the phones are kyocera. I have been a long time Nokia user and loved the 6255 but found the phone clips did not do a very good job of holding the phone in place during EMS calls. Overall I love the fact that I could sync the phone with my IPAq and loved the features. I recently added a line and decided to try the new slider. WHAT A PIECE! Worst phone that I have ever had but at least it stayed put in my holster... I took it back on day 2 and exchanged it for the Moto V710. Over all one of my favorite phones. I was not impressed with the knowlege of my sales associate as he stated that I would have no problems syncing this phone with my IPAq. Boy he could not have been more wrong. He failed to mention that the bluetooth on this phone was crippled and was mostly limited to bluetooth headsets. Has Ntleos had any more complaints of this nature? I feel like I was lied to in order to purchase this phone. Like I said overall a great phone but I think that the nokia has better pic quality, better bluetooth..... Oh yeah and Moto chargers still suck!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    768
    Device(s)
    Nokia 6255i
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gfrazier82
    I have been with Ntelos now for years and I have honestly wondered why lately most of the phones are kyocera. I have been a long time Nokia user and loved the 6255 but found the phone clips did not do a very good job of holding the phone in place during EMS calls. Overall I love the fact that I could sync the phone with my IPAq and loved the features. I recently added a line and decided to try the new slider. WHAT A PIECE! Worst phone that I have ever had but at least it stayed put in my holster... I took it back on day 2 and exchanged it for the Moto V710. Over all one of my favorite phones. I was not impressed with the knowlege of my sales associate as he stated that I would have no problems syncing this phone with my IPAq. Boy he could not have been more wrong. He failed to mention that the bluetooth on this phone was crippled and was mostly limited to bluetooth headsets. Has Ntleos had any more complaints of this nature? I feel like I was lied to in order to purchase this phone. Like I said overall a great phone but I think that the nokia has better pic quality, better bluetooth..... Oh yeah and Moto chargers still suck!
    I havent seen any issues of the bluetooth being crippled on these phones. Its a bit diffrent to get used to than the nokia, but overall you should have better features and phone quality. EMS Calls are going to be rough for any phone to handle but what you can do is they make a rugged type case and holster than should be better for your occupation. The phone may need to be updated depending on what type of issue you are having. What specific kind of issue are you having with it?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4
    Device(s)
    Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    NTelos
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thank you for your relpy. As I stated earlier I cannot use bluetooth to connect to my IPAq, I can't use it to send pics and file to other phones, I am unable to send and recieve business cards from othe phones and PDAs. All of these were features that I got used to having on the 6255i. It seems like the picture qualiy is not what I was expecting either. Even though this is not important to me I still expected better from a megapixel camera. Thanks again.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8
    Feedback Score
    0
    Is it possbile you can send me a private message of your # or account# so that we might be able to help with the issue. As I can not gar. anything, I can do my best to help.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    768
    Device(s)
    Nokia 6255i
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gfrazier82
    Thank you for your relpy. As I stated earlier I cannot use bluetooth to connect to my IPAq, I can't use it to send pics and file to other phones, I am unable to send and recieve business cards from othe phones and PDAs. All of these were features that I got used to having on the 6255i. It seems like the picture qualiy is not what I was expecting either. Even though this is not important to me I still expected better from a megapixel camera. Thanks again.
    Also there is a support forum for the motorola phones in that section. There are all kinds of help and people over there that will help you. I am able to send and I havent heard of anyone having this issue. The motos are a bit harder to use and may just be something that you havent figured out yet. Try posting in the moto section and see if those guys can help. They are very knowledgeable.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4
    Device(s)
    Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    NTelos
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thank you both for your help. The moto forums are full of people with similar problems and most seem to just be griping about how verizon is evil and so forth and so on. I have spent countless hours searching these posts for help with no success.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    615
    Device(s)
    HTC Hero
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gfrazier82
    Thank you for your relpy. As I stated earlier I cannot use bluetooth to connect to my IPAq, I can't use it to send pics and file to other phones, I am unable to send and recieve business cards from othe phones and PDAs. All of these were features that I got used to having on the 6255i. It seems like the picture qualiy is not what I was expecting either. Even though this is not important to me I still expected better from a megapixel camera. Thanks again.

    Just an FYI. Motorola allows less options on it's bluetooth than Nokia. Ntelos does not block any features that the manufacturer allows. Other carriers take out some features but Ntelos wants to leave every option in there. You can transfer files with it to a PC and sync with a PC but you will not be able to send files to/from other phones. I wish Motorola didn't block that feature. The camera problem is that even though it's a megapixel the 710 does not have as good of a chip-set or lense fot the camera. The Treo 650 is 640*480 but the picture quality is awesome. Hope I could help even though I am a little late.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    794
    Device(s)
    Motorola V3m
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hi, wanted to resurrect this thread here. I had Ntelos when I lived in Roanoke about 2 years ago and never had any problems except when I went back home to visit family in Williamsburg, where I didn't get a signal where our home is.

    Now, I have graduated and live in Williamsburg and work in Richmond, and travel occasionally east into Hampton Roads. Is there anyone who give direct experience with coverage of Williamsburg? Especially how far off of I64 and Rt. 60 I can get coverage? I'm wondering if there are any new towers or I'd be able to get coverage where we didn't have it 2 years ago. I also work in downtown Richmond, and have trouble getting a good signal with Cingular and with Alltel. Thanks!
    Go Hokies!

  15. #45
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    615
    Device(s)
    HTC Hero
    Feedback Score
    0
    I can tell you that coverage in the last year has been expanded inthat area. you can try and ask one of the stores if they have a demo line for you to test.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks