Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: nTelos Coverage

Device(s)
    Nokia 6255i
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=Force99]The preferred partener is Sprint and you did not receive the correct information. Are you an indirect dealer? - There shouldn't be much churn due to the upgrade policy....actually, Churn was declining before this was even out - the actual upgrade policy was brought out after numerous customer comments/complaints that we didn't do anything. Churn is still declining....I don't know what you're talking about with the upgrade of over 23 months....that has since passed and new policy is out - I would advise reading up on that and maybe check with your Account Excutive that oversees the sales for your delaership.

As far as " giving back " and that being a joke. We do not have to give the customers the bonus minutes in which they are receiving for converting. Technically, the RP they would receive is 200 minutes less and is only available to new incoming customers. Yet, we are putting all of them on with the bonus minutes.

You seem to really dislike NTELOS for some odd reason. What if any bad expeirence have you had? If you sell a product, you really shouldn't down it and/or choose to sell it. This wouldn't benefit us or you.[/QUOTE]

First of all Im not going to argue with you about the roaming parter otherwise sprint in wv leases tower space from ntelos anyway. I know who it is, it came from corp, if you look on the HF america display which we still have it says additional coverage provided by sprint pcs. That was the OLD plan. The new one Does roam with alltel, then sprint, then anyother carrier thats available. The giving back comment wasnt referring to minutes its talking about the upgrade policy. I know that nTelos has the best minutes plan in the region. But again the Nadvance needs to be revamped. I also know that the bonus minutes is available to all customers. But on the upgrade policy I have email and paperwork unless its changed on the 1st of feb, then I have current paperwork. Again I havent downed the minutes or the coverage, only the upgrade policy.

1-12 MONTHS CUSTOMER DOES NOT QUALIFY FOR A DISCOUNTED HANDSET. IT DOES NOT MATTER IF THEY ARE OUT OF CONTRACT. IT MATTERS ONLY AT THIS TIME AS TO HOW LONG THEY HAVE THE HANDSET.
    13-18 MONTHS $50 DISCOUNT AND THEY MUST EXTEND OR RENEW FOR TWO YEARS!! DISCOUNT IS OFF FULL RETAIL VALUE OF THE HANDSET
    19-23 MONTHS $100 DISCOUNT AND THEY MUST EXTEND OR RENEW FOR TWO YEARS!! DISCOUNT IS OFF FULL RETAIL VALUE OF THE HANDSET
    23+ MONTHS CUSTOMER DOES QUALIFY FOR PROMO PRICE OF HANDSET, BUT THEY DO NOT GET A MAIL IN REBATE. THEY CAN RENEW FOR ONE OR TWO YEARS, AND MUST BE CHARGED THE APPROPRIATE PRICE OF DEPENDING ON LENGTH OF CONTRACT RENEWAL.

Feedback Score
    We won't argue about the roaming partner - but, with one last statement....I am with Corporate....so, if what you received is that, then I apologized you received the wrong information.

The upgrade policy you listed is the correct one in effect...can you compare to other compaines?. Only other company I know of that has an excellent upgrade policy is Cingular, which will allow you to renew with a teo year and receive that cureent promotion. This is only available to customer with high ARPU and excellent payment history.

As far as N-Advance. I would disagree on that, current plan are excellent, especially for the pre-pay market. We do have incentives in place for those with an excellent pre-pay history, but, no chance of conversion to post. You may ask why? - simple answer - the money is not guaranteed wirth prepay - unlike postpay. I'm sure you understand.

Reguardless, I'm here to discuss and help those customers that need/have issues and to see how we can provide them with a resolution. We all know that the best type of advertising is word of Mouth. You can put a million of commericals on the television, but, the other type is the one to most likely convince you.

You never stated what Indirect you're with? - WVA Market? -

Device(s)
    Nokia 6255i
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Force99
    We won't argue about the roaming partner - but, with one last statement....I am with Corporate....so, if what you received is that, then I apologized you received the wrong information.

The upgrade policy you listed is the correct one in effect...can you compare to other compaines?. Only other company I know of that has an excellent upgrade policy is Cingular, which will allow you to renew with a teo year and receive that cureent promotion. This is only available to customer with high ARPU and excellent payment history.

As far as N-Advance. I would disagree on that, current plan are excellent, especially for the pre-pay market. We do have incentives in place for those with an excellent pre-pay history, but, no chance of conversion to post. You may ask why? - simple answer - the money is not guaranteed wirth prepay - unlike postpay. I'm sure you understand.

Reguardless, I'm here to discuss and help those customers that need/have issues and to see how we can provide them with a resolution. We all know that the best type of advertising is word of Mouth. You can put a million of commericals on the television, but, the other type is the one to most likely convince you.

You never stated what Indirect you're with? - WVA Market? -
    Until the acct. reps that we have tell us diffrent we will be using the information that they gave us. Alltel has a very good upgrade policy also.

Device(s)
    Motorola V265
    Carrier(s)
    nTelos (Regional Service)
    Feedback Score
    Being an nTelos network technician, I can assure you that Sprint is the preferred roaming partner. We had agreements with Sprint long before Alltel made their way into the picture.

(If by chance, you don't believe I work with nTelos TS, give the Waynesboro call center a call and ask for "Lucas" in TS.)

And like already asked, are you an indirect? Where?

Device(s)
    Nokia 6255i
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kommercial
    Being an nTelos network technician, I can assure you that Sprint is the preferred roaming partner. We had agreements with Sprint long before Alltel made their way into the picture.

(If by chance, you don't believe I work with nTelos TS, give the Waynesboro call center a call and ask for "Lucas" in TS.)

And like already asked, are you an indirect? Where?
    Ok let me clarify, In WV Alltel is the preferred partner sprint dosent own any tower space here in WV. Anywhere else from what I understand it would be whoever is available including sprint. As for calling a call center?? ha why would I do that? It dosent matter really to me who you are, but if you feel that id need to confirm that with someone ok. What does it matter who and where I work? Thats really need to know information.

Device(s)
    Motorola V265
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theclarks1
    Ok let me clarify, In WV Alltel is the preferred partner sprint dosent own any tower space here in WV. Anywhere else from what I understand it would be whoever is available including sprint. As for calling a call center?? ha why would I do that? It dosent matter really to me who you are, but if you feel that id need to confirm that with someone ok. What does it matter who and where I work? Thats really need to know information.
    In that case, you are right. Sprint does lease the sites in WV from nTelos, so in turn, Sprint has no coverage there, and the only other direction you would take is to roam off Alltel.

You're right, I misunderstood.

In the PRL, Sprint is preferred, but it's all really depending on what area you're currently roaming in.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6255i
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score

Ok when you have to pay 68$ for a plan that you dont get LD with and you can go to another carrier that has similar coverage for $39.99 why would you do that? Or $49.99 and get close to the same network coverage? There are people here who dont need to call the entire 304 area code and could do with something local. But its a money maker and people pay it. How do you figure that the money is guaranteed with post pay? they can just quit paying there bill the same way an nadvance customer can. So either way the money isint guaranteed. I think that they should go back to the 58$ a month plan for unlimited that was reasonable without LD. Also I have never seen any type of incentive for a prepay customer with good pay history. I have several customers that have paid on time for over 3 years with no disconnects and still no deal, even if they change there plan to the 68$ plan when they are paying 58$ for the same so thats useless. If you can do something diffrent then let me know so that I can pass it on to my indirect rep.

Device(s)
    Motorola V265
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Ok when you have to pay 68$ for a plan that you dont get LD with and you can go to another carrier that has similar coverage for $39.99 why would you do that? Or $49.99 and get close to the same network coverage? There are people here who dont need to call the entire 304 area code and could do with something local. But its a money maker and people pay it. How do you figure that the money is guaranteed with post pay? they can just quit paying there bill the same way an nadvance customer can. So either way the money isint guaranteed. I think that they should go back to the 58$ a month plan for unlimited that was reasonable without LD. Also I have never seen any type of incentive for a prepay customer with good pay history. I have several customers that have paid on time for over 3 years with no disconnects and still no deal, even if they change there plan to the 68$ plan when they are paying 58$ for the same so thats useless. If you can do something diffrent then let me know so that I can pass it on to my indirect rep.
    What other prepay service do you know of where you can get unlimited minutes with unlimited LD for $69.99 per month? Don't add taxes, because that's something we cannot help, as it's required, and any other carrier includes them also. Sure, if you travel, you'll run into a problem or two, because we're regional, but with any other carrier, I can guarantee they don't offer unlimited, especially prepay unlimited.

Seriously, if you don't like our prepay service, why do you sell it?
    Last edited by Kommercial; 02-03-2006 at 04:19 PM.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6255i
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    What other prepay service do you know of where you can get unlimited minutes with unlimited LD for $69.99 per month? Don't add taxes, because that's something we cannot help, as it's required, and any other carrier includes them also. Sure, if you travel, you'll run into a problem or two, because we're regional, but with any other carrier, I can guarantee they don't offer unlimited, especially prepay unlimited.

Seriously, if you don't like our prepay service, why do you sell it?
    You have to look at the end factor. 69.99 +8$ 78.00 or just get the WVW 39.99 6$ in tax plan and get a calling card. im not saying that I dont like it. Im just saying that its overpriced. you can get it about 10$ cheaper for the LD service also, WVW Im sure that if you know anything of WV then you know who they are. It does work in most of the places that ntelos works also. Truthfully id sell the ntelos over it anyway but im just saying that it should be competitive. But I sell more of the post than the prepaid anyway as its a much better deal, unless they just arent approved. Another thing is that they can get started for under 100$, most of the time. Like I said the startup and the plans are what needs to be looked at. Why also would you not put a customer in a post paid plan that has good pay history, for over a year? I would think that this would be better all around. They already are set on paying a certian time, they pay on time. Ah well.

Feedback Score
    It doesn't matter where you work, but, we sure wouldn't want a company selling our product who didn't beleive in it. Ask your indirect exactly what incentivies PP can get - maybe he hasn't kept you totally in the loop. Contact, Rachel or maybe Shanta or Lindsey. Rachel is the Indirect Manager of WVA. Now do you beleive me?....

We have a $59.99 RP for PP w/out LD.... - you let me know those three customer that have paid on time and I'll let you know what I can do for them. But, when we don't know about it, we can't do anything.....

P.S. - Don't really attack the company that you sell a product off, please. That doesn't make us look bad, that just damages your own Integrity

Device(s)
    Motorola V265
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    You have to look at the end factor. 69.99 +8$ 78.00 or just get the WVW 39.99 6$ in tax plan and get a calling card. im not saying that I dont like it. Im just saying that its overpriced. you can get it about 10$ cheaper for the LD service also, WVW Im sure that if you know anything of WV then you know who they are. It does work in most of the places that ntelos works also. Truthfully id sell the ntelos over it anyway but im just saying that it should be competitive. But I sell more of the post than the prepaid anyway as its a much better deal, unless they just arent approved. Another thing is that they can get started for under 100$, most of the time. Like I said the startup and the plans are what needs to be looked at. Why also would you not put a customer in a post paid plan that has good pay history, for over a year? I would think that this would be better all around. They already are set on paying a certian time, they pay on time. Ah well.
    What other service has unlimited prepay?

Device(s)
    Nokia 6255i
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Force99
    It doesn't matter where you work, but, we sure wouldn't want a company selling our product who didn't beleive in it. Ask your indirect exactly what incentivies PP can get - maybe he hasn't kept you totally in the loop. Contact, Rachel or maybe Shanta or Lindsey. Rachel is the Indirect Manager of WVA. Now do you beleive me?....

We have a $59.99 RP for PP w/out LD.... - you let me know those three customer that have paid on time and I'll let you know what I can do for them. But, when we don't know about it, we can't do anything.....

P.S. - Don't really attack the company that you sell a product off, please. That doesn't make us look bad, that just damages your own Integrity
    Look, Im not attacking the company, and im not saying that I dont believe in it, i do more ntelos than I do anything, Im just saying that more people would benefit with lower access on pp. I know that there is a 59.99 for pp thats been there for quite a while. $68 with taxes. The post is awesome I think that sometimes we discriminate against people who have had hard times. Either way anyone would know who indirect reps are, Im not trying to discredit you in anyway but I dont know you from adam so Im not giving anyone any information about customers or myself. Also from anyone who knows who I sell for and knows what I stand for there is no damage to my integrity. People know that we do the best for them and thats all that matters. I was just putting some ideas out there so that maybe someone would see it and maybe improove customer base. Either way im way off topic and so it the thread so if there are anymore coverage issues then thats what Ill reply to otherwise I think that we need to start another thread if you want to continue.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6255i
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    What other service has unlimited prepay?
    West Virginia Wireless. They cover most of the areas that ntelos does in WV. But really I would sell ntelos over that. Prepaid is the only other option thats better. Post with them is competitive, but I would sell the ntelos first.

Device(s)
    Motorola V265
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    If anything I would prefer to change regarding nTelos, it would be the handsets we offer. I would get rid of Audiovox and Kyocera, and pickup LG and Samsung.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6255i
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    If anything I would prefer to change regarding nTelos, it would be the handsets we offer. I would get rid of Audiovox and Kyocera, and pickup LG and Samsung.

There you just went from bad to worse(IMO). LG has one of the worst RF on the market. Samsung, I have had one and that will be the last. I would rather have a kyocera than the samsung or the lg. Have you guys had issues with the charging ports on the kx13? Motorola or Nokia are the only 2 phones that I would ever use.
    Last edited by theclarks1; 02-03-2006 at 05:06 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast