Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Thread: Bluetooth Headsets - iDEN and RIM Handsets

Device(s)
    i580, i870, i560, i730, i90c, i1000+
    Carrier(s)
    "Please Hold, While Sprint Ruins the Service & Network the customer you are looking for is on"
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb BT sucks on all cell phones... By All manufacturers

Quote Originally Posted by j20hz
    Here is The #1 Reason blue tooth sucks on nextel moto phones.
    Blue tooth version is 1.0 Most headsets are 1.1 to 1.2.Now here is
    my point.why would motorola build an upgrade phone (i580 and so on)
    With old blue tooth software,and you will be lucky to find a bluetooth 1.0
    match.
    All Motorola iDen phones have had the same BT version, 1.2, as well as identical BT profile stacks to date.

i880/i885 1.2 Class 2
    i580 1.2 Class 2
    i870/i875 1.2 Class 2
    i605/i615 1.2 Class 2

Bluetooth versions are backward compatible, and therefore a version match on the two BT devices is not necessary. And, the reason we presently have seen few phones with BT 2.0, from any cell phone manufacturer is that the gains from 2.0, increased bandwidth, would not improve useability. Especially with the file size restrictions that Sprint/Nextel have in place.

This being said, I'm sure that future phone model will have BT 2.0 w\ EDR(Enhanced Data Rate) if only to move to Class 1 BT for better range. Class 1 bluetooth would increase range of use, and ought to be considered for implementation in new phone models. Or at least give them a larger surface area BT antenna.

BT 2.0 Class 1 BT will help alleviate the power consumption requirements of past Class 1 BT versions. The higher data rates and their associated shorter transmission times required for these applications can then be achieved by using Enhanced Data Rate (EDR), offered in the Bluetooth 2.0 standard. This reduced time for transmission results in significantly lower current consumption and hence longer battery life, making EDR ideal for battery powered consumer electronics.

...ON
    Last edited by 2%Milk; 09-28-2006 at 11:26 PM.
    Just remember Drink 2% Milk... It won't make you FAT, and it does'nt taste like milky water...

and a Beer chaser... A shot of beer won't make you fat will it???

==========
    Disclaimer: My views reflect those of myself, and not my
    employer, my friends, nor (as she often tells me) my wife.
    Any resemblance to the views of anybody living or dead is
    coincidental. No animals were hurt in the writing of this
    response -- unless you count my dog who desperately wants
    to go outside now.

Device(s)
    I870
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

bluetooth won't turn on

i have the motorolla h500 bluetooth headset and it stopped working, tried charging it but the blue light never goes off and the headset itself won't turn on...any help???

Device(s)
    i355
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Well I just picked up a Jabra JX10 and will give my thought later tonight. I will compare it to HS850 and Jabra 250V.

Device(s)
    HTC EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2%Milk
    All Motorola iDen phones have had the same BT version, 1.2, as well as identical BT profile stacks to date.

i880/i885 1.2 Class 2
    i580 1.2 Class 2
    i870/i875 1.2 Class 2
    i605/i615 1.2 Class 2

Bluetooth versions are backward compatible, and therefore a version match on the two BT devices is not necessary. And, the reason we presently have seen few phones with BT 2.0, from any cell phone manufacturer is that the gains from 2.0, increased bandwidth, would not improve useability. Especially with the file size restrictions that Sprint/Nextel have in place.

This being said, I'm sure that future phone model will have BT 2.0 w\ EDR(Enhanced Data Rate) if only to move to Class 1 BT for better range. Class 1 bluetooth would increase range of use, and ought to be considered for implementation in new phone models. Or at least give them a larger surface area BT antenna.

BT 2.0 Class 1 BT will help alleviate the power consumption requirements of past Class 1 BT versions. The higher data rates and their associated shorter transmission times required for these applications can then be achieved by using Enhanced Data Rate (EDR), offered in the Bluetooth 2.0 standard. This reduced time for transmission results in significantly lower current consumption and hence longer battery life, making EDR ideal for battery powered consumer electronics.
    Not sure what profile stack is, but I'm pretty sure that it's not the size of the BT antenna. I was under the impression, by reading these forums, that people had better results with any given headset using the i605, over any phone since. I thought the i605 had a larger BT antenna and the made it smaller for all subsequent releases, thereby lowering the quality of the BT connection to any headset. Where am I wrong? I'm no technology guru, just regurgitating what others purport to be fact, which may be where I'm wrong, lol.

Device(s)
    i355
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Ok here is my initial thoughts on the Jabra JX10. WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW what a nice bluetooth headset. It is so light you cant tell you are wearing it. It stays secure and is comfortable to wear. It is crystal clear on both ends and it has nice range. The battery life is very long. The clairity is what really gets me. The DSP on it works fantastic which produces the crystal clear sounds on both ends. By far the best bluetooth headset I have ever used. The others i have used are the HS850 and Jabra 250V.

OH BTW I have it connected to a i580.

Feedback Score
    i just got the BlueAnt X3 Micro, i read all the reviews on it and everything and i was impressed but now that i got it i aint. The reviews said that one of its pros was high volume clarity and i can barely hear the other person. Is it the headset or is it my i870. I didnt have a chance to read through all the other pages but is there a bluetooth software upgrade for the i870 that may improve this?

Feedback Score

Exclamation

bump for info

Device(s)
    Motorola KRZR K1M
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofqueenz
    bump for info
    The Bluetooth antenna on the i870 is terrible. There is no specific software update for the Bluetooth on the i870, but the phone's software can be found and updated on Motorola's iDEN site:

http://idenphones.motorola.com

I had so many issues with the Bluetooth on the i870, and they all just disappeared when I got my i580...

I'm a "published" author now!

Keep your neighbors from stealing your Internet!

Feedback Score

Jabra JX10

The Jabra JX10 sucks it has really bad reception for such an expensive headset, but I here the Nokia version for around the same price is alot better

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofqueenz
    i just got the BlueAnt X3 Micro, i read all the reviews on it and everything and i was impressed but now that i got it i aint. The reviews said that one of its pros was high volume clarity and i can barely hear the other person. Is it the headset or is it my i870. I didnt have a chance to read through all the other pages but is there a bluetooth software upgrade for the i870 that may improve this?
    the blueant unit looks nice but i have read mixed reviews on it so far.
    9/11 We will never forget.

F D N Y P D

My Wish List:
    Apple iPhone 5 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket HD, S III, Note, HTC One X, Sony Xperia Ion

Device(s)
    Titanium - Current
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prostreetcamaro
    Ok here is my initial thoughts on the Jabra JX10. WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW what a nice bluetooth headset. It is so light you cant tell you are wearing it. It stays secure and is comfortable to wear. It is crystal clear on both ends and it has nice range. The battery life is very long. The clairity is what really gets me. The DSP on it works fantastic which produces the crystal clear sounds on both ends. By far the best bluetooth headset I have ever used. The others i have used are the HS850 and Jabra 250V.

OH BTW I have it connected to a i580.

Sorry to bring this thread to live, but I am having problems with the jabra jx10. I can link it with my nextel i580 but there is no voice. I can access voice tags I can hear the beeps but no voice...does anyone have ant suggestions? Thanks.

Device(s)
    Titanium - Current
    Feedback Score
    OK got it working after a long long time. Let me post how I did it in case someone has similar problems. I searched around google and found out that people with similar problems were talking about reseting the headset and the phone. Some mentioned turning the headset off and plugging the charger for 5 sec than unplugging, some said to leave the headset on plugging it in for 10 sec than plugging it out....neither worked for me.

What I did was paired the headset with my i580. While paired and both phone and headset on I took the headset plugged in the charger and immediately when the red light came on I unplugged.... right away when I placed the jx10 on my ear I noticed a low static sound. I tried making a phone call and it works great now.
    Last edited by izsocal; 02-07-2007 at 02:27 AM.

Device(s)
    Nextel i860
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    mine does the same thing, i can't get it to connect to the hs850. what the ****? i did everything you did buddy, did you fix it?
    Why pay when you can hack

Device(s)
    Moto Q9c
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    any more reviews?

ordered a i880 yesterday and currently have a WEP200, so hope it works well, but am wanting a BlueAnt Z9.

what are some other BT yall have used, especially with the i880. i havent seen to many people mention that phone with BT....

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S/ iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    i got a i880 and i still havent bought a bt
    does anyone have good recommendations that has very little or no static and also no mic problems such as people on the other side dont have a hard time hearing me

thanks in advance

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32