Thread: Verizon to replace T720 Phones!

Feedback Score

Thumbs up Verizon to replace T720 Phones!

I just received a postcard from Verizon which says:

"Stop by your nearest Verizon Wireless Communications Store today to exchange your Motorola T720 phone for an enhanced version and a free standard battery. <snip> befire 1/15/03 and receive a new one at no charge. Your new phone will provide enhanced performance and allow you to download even more stuff. And just for coming in to exchange your new phone, you will also receive a FREE standard Lithium-ion battery <snip>."

Now, that makes me happy! I had purchased on on the first day they came out and my software definitely needs to be updated.

I wonder if "enhanced version" means it will allow 1X data speed (Express Network..80K-100K) through the phone's browser (like Sprint does with its phones), and not just when it acts as a modem to your computer???

Device(s)
    Motorola 270C Timeport
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Is there anyway you can scan that postcard and post it here i bet alot of us would like to see it.
    Matrix

Device(s)
    T720
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I received a similar card. I've attached a copy. I am , however, having a problem trying to find out anything about this offer from Verizon. My software is version v17P, but Radio Shack says I have a new phone already. I called Verizon - she said I could update the software myself by dialing *228. That didn't change anything. I see on this board that the latest software is 19c-d, so I'm not sure what to do now. The phone seems to work fine. Can anyone tell me how to update my software?

Feedback Score

Got mine

Got my replacement today. They didn't ask how old mine was. Also gave me an extra battery.

Does anyone here know what all is new? Is the hardware been imporved as well as the software?

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Just talked toa Verizon dealer today...

Looks like my T720 has the newest software... course, they have no clue when us CDMA folks can get wallpapers and screen savers... grrrr LAUNCH brew already!!

Device(s)
    lg 4500
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by scnrfrq
    I received a similar card. I've attached a copy. I am , however, having a problem trying to find out anything about this offer from Verizon. My software is version v17P, but Radio Shack says I have a new phone already. I called Verizon - she said I could update the software myself by dialing *228. That didn't change anything. I see on this board that the latest software is 19c-d, so I'm not sure what to do now. The phone seems to work fine. Can anyone tell me how to update my software?
    *228 will update your preferred roaming list. that's the list your phone uses to choose towers, it has nothing to do with the actual phone's "functional" software. you have to take it in to have the software updated.
    xdroorsx

Device(s)
    Motorola 270C Timeport
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    As i have asked Before can someone put that post card so we all can see it.

Feedback Score
    There must be a real problem with the phone if Verizon is sending out postcards to replace them.....I remember when the V60c came out...with all the hardware and software problems it was like pulling teeth to get the phone replaced with a non-refurbished phone.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 7130e
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The initial software that the t720 came with wasn't good at all....the enhancement list has like 30 things. The only was to go from the software 17p to 19c is to get a new phone from Verizon.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Verizon can also flash the phone to the new software version. The replacements have version 19c. The flashed software is 19d and gives you more Get ***** Now options.