Thread: Blackberry Connect w/ T-Mo Issues

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5, GS8, Nokia 6230i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Xfinity Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score

Blackberry Connect w/ T-Mo Issues

BlackBerry Internet E-Mail (BIE)
    o Replaces BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS)/BlackBerry Web Client (BWC)

Improvements and Advanced Features
    o All account management functions, including initial setup, can be performed directly from your BlackBerry handheld in the WAP browser.
    o Separate “Sent From” addresses for each integrated email account
    o E-mails sent from your handheld will show the correct "Sent From" e-mail address, even with multiple e-mail accounts consolidated to the BlackBerry device.
    o User will be able to select any account to compose (not when replying to) an email from on the BlackBerry handheld.
    o Yahoo! Mail
    o All Yahoo! Mail accounts, including free accounts, are now supported. No need for Yahoo! POP3 access (Mail Plus) to get Yahoo! Mail delivered.
    o Reads, Deletes, and Sent from the handheld are reflected on the Yahoo! account.
    o Read, Delete, and Sent from the Yahoo! web portal mailbox do not reflect on the handheld.
    o E-mails to Yahoo! Mail account are pushed to the handheld in real time.
    o POP3 email accounts
    o Reads and Deletes from the handheld are reflected on the POP3 account.
    o Emails sent from the handheld will not be copied to the POP3 account’s Sent Items folder, however, the “Auto Bcc” option will be available.
    o Read, Delete, and Sent from the POP3 mail client do not reflect on the handheld.
    o Outlook Web Access (OWA)
    o OWA is officially supported for corporate email on Microsoft Exchange.
    o Reads, Deletes, and Sent from the handheld are reflected on the Exchange mailbox.

My T-Mobile
    o Users can also manage BIE through My T-Mobile (must set up My T-Mobile if they don’t have it set up)
    o Add, Delete, Edit accounts
    o Create Filters
    o Change PIN
    o Send Service Books
    o Signature

More Changes
    o No storage space limitation on e-mails sent to your BlackBerry Internet E-mail mailbox ([email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>)
    o E-mails will be removed from the server after 30 days.
    o Full access to e-mail content including attachments for the 30 days
    o After the 30 days, you will still have access to e-mails that are on the handheld, but not to attachments.

Potential Issues for Existing Users
    o BlackBerry Internet Service web site will be eliminated on October 1, 2005.
    o If you have E-mails or contacts stored on the BlackBerry Internet Service Web site that you want to save, you will need to forward them to another e-mail address before October 1, 2005.
    o This particularly affects a few BIS/BWC users who may be using the BIS web portal as their mailbox (i.e., they use [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> address or they forward their mail to that address.)
    o Logins for BIS/BWC do not transfer over to My T-Mobile.
    o Users will have to set up their My T-Mobile account, if they have not already, in order to access their BIE settings from their computer.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading this in English, thank a Veteran.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hillstrubl
    BlackBerry Internet E-Mail (BIE)
    My T-Mobile
    o Users can also manage BIE through My T-Mobile (must set up My T-Mobile if they don’t have it set up)
    o Add, Delete, Edit accounts
    o Create Filters
    o Change PIN
    o Send Service Books
    o Signature

o Users will have to set up their My T-Mobile account, if they have not already, in order to access their BIE settings from their computer.
    Can anyone shed some light as to where is the link to change the setings from My T-Mobile? I sent an email to CS asking where to find the link within my T-Mobile to change these setings and guess where they sent me?

To the BIS website!!!!! They crack me up....

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hillstrubl
    o Reads, Deletes, and Sent from the handheld are reflected on the Yahoo! account.

o Read, Delete, and Sent from the Yahoo! web portal mailbox do not reflect on the handheld.

o E-mails to Yahoo! Mail account are pushed to the handheld in real time.
    Any similar improvements in the handling of AOL mail?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 16GB White (ROCKS!)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rmarquez
    Can anyone shed some light as to where is the link to change the setings from My T-Mobile? I sent an email to CS asking where to find the link within my T-Mobile to change these setings and guess where they sent me?

To the BIS website!!!!! They crack me up....
    Basically you will see a link on the myt-mobile homepage simular to "setup my Blackberry email" where as regularly it would just say "setup MyEmail". I can;t wait for the calls where I hear "What the f* happened to all my emails on the webclient????!!!!! I wanna speak to a Supervisor NOW!" lol.

My Feedbacks
    It's not a Sidekick II. It's a Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa'kik

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply E..so you're saying the link is not there.. *yet*, right?

That would explain why I can't see it....

Quote Originally Posted by E*Master
    Basically you will see a link on the myt-mobile homepage simular to "setup my Blackberry email" where as regularly it would just say "setup MyEmail". I can;t wait for the calls where I hear "What the f* happened to all my emails on the webclient????!!!!! I wanna speak to a Supervisor NOW!" lol.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    You'll See the Link October 1st when it goes live
    Quote Originally Posted by rmarquez
    Thanks for the reply E..so you're saying the link is not there.. *yet*, right?

That would explain why I can't see it....

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5, GS8, Nokia 6230i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Xfinity Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric5273
    Any similar improvements in the handling of AOL mail?
    doubt it, yahoo has been losing alot of ground to google (and its gmail email service), i bet thats the main reason for their "partnership" with the Webclient.

Device(s)
    blackberry 8700
    Carrier(s)
    t-mo
    Feedback Score
    Do you know FOR SURE that the auto bcc will be possible? It was not supposed to be available, and then it was POSSIBLY going to be available, and now it is FOR SURE??

I and others count on this feature to get our sent messages to our " real email" location.

Thanks for the update, LizL

Device(s)
    SE Z600
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LizL
    Do you know FOR SURE that the auto bcc will be possible? It was not supposed to be available, and then it was POSSIBLY going to be available, and now it is FOR SURE??

I and others count on this feature to get our sent messages to our " real email" location.

Last information that went out states that auto BCC will be gone "as per customer feedback, they dont want it".... ah well
    n.o.t.h.i.n.g.l.as.t.s.f.o.r.e.v.e.r

Feedback Score
    Sprint Nextel users will see something similar by end of year.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LizL

Official Word is that it is Available. Auto BCC will be possible in the new BIE. I was told that on Friday by the forces above. Unless of course, something has changed in 2 days.

I personally can't wait to ask a customer " So are you with the BIE Service (saying it as "Bi") or BES?" ROFL.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yahtzee
    Sprint Nextel users will see something similar by end of year.
    Everyone is going to use this system. But if you say sprint and NExtel will get this by the end of the year then Verizon and Cingular are not far behind. I wonder when Rogers, Telus and Bell are going to do that here.

Device(s)
    BB 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My Kudo's to TMO, they are certainly getting the word out regarding this change, I must have received 5 or 6 PIN messages so far. That's what I call informing the customer!

Device(s)
    T-Mobile BlackBerry 8900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    OK, so it's after October 1st and I still don't see the link on my My Tmobile site... any one have it yet? I need to change some email settings and can't get in to do it!

Thanks,
    Ski

Feedback Score
    Ski:

I don't think that link will go live until later tonight, possibly after midnight. In the meantime, you can still get to the regular BWC site, as in the past. I just did so I know it works (at least for me).

Quote Originally Posted by ski2dude
    OK, so it's after October 1st and I still don't see the link on my My Tmobile site... any one have it yet? I need to change some email settings and can't get in to do it!

Thanks,
    Ski

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast