Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 157

Thread: Blackberry Connect w/ T-Mo Issues

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    211
    Device(s)
    7280
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular Blue
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm just glad you guys are the guinea pigs instead of Cingular. Any feedback and details you can give would be greatly appreciated so I can be aware of any pitfalls and hopefully alleviate them some when our time comes.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,687
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7290/4.0.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

    Same issue here regarding the pop access via the new BIS service. Was anyone here able to obtain an estimate on how long it will take to fix this problem? I have seen people saying everything from by tonight to by Tuesday.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    NY Metro area
    Posts
    1,606
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have been having minimal problems. I was using the redirector rather than the BIS and that never stopped working. Just for the heck of it I tried setting up a Gmail account to go to the BB. I used the my TMobile and set up a new account for the Gmail account and set the Gmail for POP service (oops, did Gmail for POP first) and it works. The messages to the Gmail account dont come in as fast as the ones from redirector but it isnt bad.

    The only thing I am puzzled about is that when I tell the BB to delete a message and tell it on the handheld and server it only does the handheld delete. The message is still on Gmail. Should I set Gmail to delete and a copy of the message will be on the handheld and BB web or whatever it is called now? I guess Im not sure which server it is refering to.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    592
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 16GB White (ROCKS!)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Avironeur
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7290/4.0.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

    Same issue here regarding the pop access via the new BIS service. Was anyone here able to obtain an estimate on how long it will take to fix this problem? I have seen people saying everything from by tonight to by Tuesday.
    Just like with all known issues there is NO ETA. I wish I knew of one . What they are telling you is to calm ur nerves but that is cause they are under preassure and I can understand that. But the truth is there is no ETA. HEY RIM REPS START SPILLING THE BEANS! POST!

    My Feedbacks
    It's not a Sidekick II. It's a Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa'kik

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    592
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 16GB White (ROCKS!)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetTravel
    I have been having minimal problems. I was using the redirector rather than the BIS and that never stopped working. Just for the heck of it I tried setting up a Gmail account to go to the BB. I used the my TMobile and set up a new account for the Gmail account and set the Gmail for POP service (oops, did Gmail for POP first) and it works. The messages to the Gmail account dont come in as fast as the ones from redirector but it isnt bad.

    The only thing I am puzzled about is that when I tell the BB to delete a message and tell it on the handheld and server it only does the handheld delete. The message is still on Gmail. Should I set Gmail to delete and a copy of the message will be on the handheld and BB web or whatever it is called now? I guess Im not sure which server it is refering to.
    Redirector and BES services are not affected by this what so ever. 1 tip on gmail though: Instead of giving the BIE access to Gmail via pop use the forwarding rule to forward a message from gmail to the tmo.blackberry.net email address. There is no delay. I tried that with a test unit once during lunch works much better.

    @ home I forward all my gmail accounts to my yahoo.ca account which I retrieve using outlook. Saves me the trouble of having to setup each Gmail account in outlook. Might be a good idea to apply to a blackberry as well.

    As far as the handheld delete & server delete is concerned I dunno how it works with gmail. I think that sort of thing is more directed to non-web based mail like comcast, rogers, att etc. With my yahoo.ca account I tell outlook to delete the message on the server when it is emptied out of my deleted items fodler it never does it. Only works when tell it not to leave a message on the server.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    NY Metro area
    Posts
    1,606
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by E*Master
    Redirector and BES services are not affected by this what so ever. 1 tip on gmail though: Instead of giving the BIE access to Gmail via pop use the forwarding rule to forward a message from gmail to the tmo.blackberry.net email address. There is no delay. I tried that with a test unit once during lunch works much better.

    @ home I forward all my gmail accounts to my yahoo.ca account which I retrieve using outlook. Saves me the trouble of having to setup each Gmail account in outlook. Might be a good idea to apply to a blackberry as well.

    As far as the handheld delete & server delete is concerned I dunno how it works with gmail. I think that sort of thing is more directed to non-web based mail like comcast, rogers, att etc. With my yahoo.ca account I tell outlook to delete the message on the server when it is emptied out of my deleted items fodler it never does it. Only works when tell it not to leave a message on the server.

    Thanks. I will try the forwarding. One VERY, VERY nice thing about the new system is that when gmail is on POP at least, it seems that the only address that is replied to and the only address I see in the headers when I send from the BB using that account is the gmail account itself. The tmobile account seems not to appear and I like that a lot since it lets me keep what should be on one gmail account associated only with that account. If that goes away with forwarding, as I suspect it might, I will take the 15 minute or so delay with POP.


    I have to say thusfar I am actually pleased with the new system as it gives me functionality (especially the reply to consistency) that I didnt have before the upgrade. Thanks again for the info.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    244
    Feedback Score
    0
    EMaster:


    It all fixed itself eventually. I had to delete all my service books, delete my pop email accounts and then resend the books. Then I got 15 messages over the course of the day from the server letting me know that I have successfully registered my [email protected] account. Just added the POP accounts alnd all is well...for now...


    Quote Originally Posted by E*Master
    Are you getting an uppercase GPRS? Try to send one. if it give you a red X open it and let me know what the error message is for not sending. Bet yet just PM me with that & I am gonna see what I can come up with.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NorthWest Chicago
    Posts
    84
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shockdaddyd
    Thx for the reply.

    I'm not able to connect as of yet. Just spoke w T-Mo and they said the system is still being worked on. Shall wait patiently.
    Still having problems also, BES server emails seems to be doing ok. I'll give them a call in AM.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,046
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    I've noticed that where "Web Client" used to be with the p910a's, it now has the blackberry handheld address. Anyone else notice this?

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NorthWest Chicago
    Posts
    84
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by L Bo
    I've noticed that where "Web Client" used to be with the p910a's, it now has the blackberry handheld address. Anyone else notice this?
    Same here. Nothing is working for me as of now.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    618
    Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by L Bo
    I've noticed that where "Web Client" used to be with the p910a's, it now has the blackberry handheld address. Anyone else notice this?
    When I originally tried connecting yesterday morning (right after the T-Mo upgrade) I had that. Then, for some unknown reason, BB Connect kept giving me errors and shutting down. After a few crashes I decided to reinstall BB Connect. Now I get a Service Book for my POP (Yahoo!) account but nothing for the BB account. Thus far I have not been able to send or receive any email.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    618
    Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Been trying to access "SET UP BLACKBERRY INTERNET E-MAIL" from the T-Mo website. Every time it kicks me out of their space and I must re-enter my login info. Must be some changes taking place.

    Also, tried deleting my POP account from my P910a but BB Connect won't allow me to do so whether the service is active or not.

    What to do...what to do...

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NorthWest Chicago
    Posts
    84
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    One thing I noticed when you go to Service Books and click on View and advanced Server ID is there but Route is missing. It was there before they made changes.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    618
    Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    I keep getting these error messages on my P910a:

    Program Closed
    Program bbRIMSvr
    Reason code bbHostTxReady
    Reason number -13

    - and -

    Program Closed
    Program MpeWatcherSrv
    Reason code USER
    Reason number 11

    I've uninstalled and reinstalled BBC a few times now and the message persists.

    Am I ripe for a master reset?

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    592
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 16GB White (ROCKS!)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shockdaddyd
    Been trying to access "SET UP BLACKBERRY INTERNET E-MAIL" from the T-Mo website. Every time it kicks me out of their space and I must re-enter my login info. Must be some changes taking place.

    Also, tried deleting my POP account from my P910a but BB Connect won't allow me to do so whether the service is active or not.

    What to do...what to do...
    Known issue. Tmo is working on Fixing that still.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Bookmarks