Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: .qcp to mp3 or wave audio converter

Device(s)
    VX11000 EnvTouch
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Exclamation .qcp to mp3 or wave audio converter

anyone know where i can get some software that will convert the qcp audio recorded files from my phone to mp3 or wave to be saved on my computeR?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    VX8600
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You could also download Qualcomm's FREE Pure Voice player/recorder and play them in their .qcp format.

Google "Pure Voice" for a link to the download page.
    Gearscout

Download a free WAP site for your server.

Phone Demo:
    gearscout.com/wap/ Graphics
    gearscout.com/wap2/ Text (fast!)

Device(s)
    LG VX8100
    Feedback Score
    Tried it once, seemed to work ok and it's free

Super

Device(s)
    lg 8100
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    is there anything else that will work? it says you have to have a license for pure voice.

Device(s)
    VX8600
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I don't know of anything else that does this.

It does NOT require a license just to convert the audio files.Qualcomm PureVoice Downloads

Device(s)
    lg 8100
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    ok i found the free download and got everything i need to run pure voice. can anyone give me quick simple directions on how to use it?

Device(s)
    lg 8100
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    downloaded pure voice. gives an error on playback:

"Error: could not open file--it is either corrupt, uses an unsupported format, or is not a multimedia file at all (could not render file using DirectShow)."

please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Were the recordings recorded with the phone in EVRC mode? You can't convert .QCP files encoded with EVRC. You need to switch off EVRC first and rerecord your recording.
    http://vx8300.blogspot.com/2006/08/r...cemail-on.html

I use this to convert them
    http://www.download.com/Audio-Conver...-10525910.html

Feedback Score

QCP files recorded in EVRC mode

As someone else has already posted, the error message you're getting is a good indicator that the file you're trying to convert was recorded in EVRC mode with a QCP file extension (EVRC is the default codec on the VX8300 and no doubt many other phones). You should be able to determine this by looking at the info on the file you've recorded.

I've searched endlessly for an EVRC codec on the web to no avail, so unless someone can direct you to one, and a program that supports it, you're out of luck converting an already recorded file using this codec. With the VX8300 you can change some settings so it doesn't use EVRC and then you should be able to convert subsequently recorded files, but I can't speak to other phone makes/models. If you have files that you've already recorded that you must convert and save, then I would suggest something like this from Radio Shack:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

With this item and any recording device or computer, you can not only record any saved conversations on your phone, but you can record both sides of any live conversations on your cell phone or any other phone that has a 2.5mm jack (or you can get an adapter to use with phones that have a 3.5mm jack). It currently runs about $27, good luck.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

SOLUTION to .QCP to mp3 or wave audio

I have been working hard on trying to figure this out....

How to get a call recording file from your cell phone (in my case the vx9900) to a wav file or MP3......

the solution in the past has been to download purevoice and play the files there... however the purevoice program cannot read the EVRC codec that the vx9900 (as well as other phones I presume) encode......

Here is the error when you try to play the file.....
    "Error: could not open file--it is either corrupt, uses an unsupported format, or is not a multimedia file at all (could not render file using DirectShow)."

Here is the solution..... email the file to yourself..... FROM THE PHONE

Verizon automatically converts the file to WAV for you! A WAV file is attached to the email!

obviously it costs 25 cents... but it works!

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Works like a charm!

Quote Originally Posted by RENCO
    Were the recordings recorded with the phone in EVRC mode? You can't convert .QCP files encoded with EVRC. You need to switch off EVRC first and rerecord your recording.
    http://vx8300.blogspot.com/2006/08/r...cemail-on.html

I use this to convert them
    http://www.download.com/Audio-Conver...-10525910.html

Good conversion program... I didn't play with it much as I was working on something in particular and wanted to finish it but it worked after I installed the QCP library which install and all took a whole 3 minutes.

Now I just have to sync the audio file with the video file and put it in Mpeg and a couple of other formats from a Samsung A670 since BitPim isn't pulling the audio with the video for that phone... Damn what I do for my customers is going WAY TO DAMN FAR.
    Don't complain about something you have the ability to change. I don't want to hear about it.

Feedback Score
    Actually we were able to figure out an interesting way of getting the recordings from a phone to a computer easily and with perfect quality. First off go out and get a 3/32 - 1/8 mono stereo jack converter. Then get a stereo cable that's 1/8 on both ends, most are this way. Then just plug it into the earpiece output of your phone and put the other end into the microphone jack of your computer. Next open any program for recording audio, like the "Sound Recorder" that comes standard on windows. I used Adobe Audition, but it's expensive. Although there is a free version out there somewhere. Anyhow, just play the file while recording on the computer. If your program is nice enough to let you edit you don't have to worry about getting beeps in it. And now you're done. Save it in whatever version you want or convert as needed.
    This also works with voicemail as was the case here. I helped a friend who's mailbox became full and she didn't want to part with them. We simply dubbed every message over. Although I would recommend keeping files saved until you've finished and verified so that you don't lose anything. I hope this helps, worked great for me.

Feedback Score
    QCP is a proprietary Qualcom codec. It's advantage: it is 10x SMALLER than a wav file. Disadvantage: while being of a similiar format to a wav file it's codec is HARD TO FIND.

I found the official Qualcom QCP converter. Its FREE!

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Download "PureVoice Converter 3.1 for Windows" here:

official website:
    http://www.qctconnect.com/products/p...downloads.html

direct link:
    ftp://ftp.eudora.com/eudora/purevoic...PureWin132.exe

backup link (ftp filename search):
    http://www.google.com/ie?q=ftp+PureW...&num=100&hl=en
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Purewin is DOS app. Drag any QCP onto the program, and a wav file is created in the same directory. Presto!

Feedback Score
    I found this step-by-step guide to convert QCP files to MP3, WAV, ect:
    qcpconverter.com/how-to-convert-qcp-files.html

This guide can be used to convert all kinds of QCP files like QCP files encoded with QCELP or EVRC or with tia is-127 enhanced variable rate codec.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast