Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Thread: What was you FIRST mobile phone?

Carrier(s)
    cricket
    Feedback Score
    My first was a Motorola"brick" shaped phone with a long rubber antenna and red led numbers only display around 1993 on cellular one

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I had a kyocera from Virgin mobile. Can't remember the model number, but it was massive and only had a green screen. Its reception was so-so, even with the antenna pulled out. I remember that it had that awesome "brick break" or "breakout" game, similar to the one played on an apple2. My parents decided I needed a cell phone because I was in too many after school activities, and they literally never knew where I was. I also made a few too many collect calls to the house from our schools payphone. It got to the point where it would say, "do you accept charges?" My mom said "no", and then would come and get me. Eventually I bought an audiovox fliphone on Virgin mobile from a girl in the locker room for $10. It was silver and had Sol bossa Nova preloaded as a ringtone! I was in heaven!! I felt so cool with my shiny silver fliphone, and I played on it constantly. No good games, but I was able to text on it, which was a revolution for me.

My dad still kept using the old kyocera, and I was mortified whenever he would pull out the antenna in public. " dad" I would hiss, "put the antenna back down. You can hear fine without it!!" I wanted people to think we had one of those Nokia's with an awesome internal antenna, rather than some kyocera - wielding peasants.

My audiovox traveled with me everywhere, even though with virgins spotty coverage, it really only worked at home (Chicago suburbs). It eventually met its demise when I used a friends charger on it (looked totally the same!) And fried the inside of the phone. I was dismayed.

Eventually I got myself a "real" phone plan on Verizon, and enjoyed nationwide coverage at extortionist prices. From then on I got an original EnV (amazing amazing phone) a Samsung intensity (hate hate hate - bleah) and HTC Incredible (good until its first software updates, when it became a brick) and now supporting the home team with a Motorola droid maxx (Motorola is headquartered in Schaumburg Illinois). Not too many phones, honestly. I'm gentle with them and I hang on to them for a long time... All except for that Samsung, which took a suicidal leap into a frozen puddle and promptly fried itself. Good riddance.

Currently I am trying to recapture my Nokia list from my youth. Nokia's were hard to find on Virgin and Verizon back in the day, and I never got to be one of those cool kids dancing along to the Espionage ringtone in the back of the bus. Currently hunting the interwebs for a 6015i that I can use on my second line. If and when it works out, it'll be true love, Finnish-style.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 735 (Orange)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score

Memories.
    Phones are always changing by the minute! Ahh!

Device(s)
    Samung Galaxy 5
    Feedback Score
    Motorola Coca Cola Name:  MotorolannjA0ARr.jpg
Views: 5040
Size:  35.2 KB
    Performing Hard Reset any Devices http://factoryhardreset.com

Device(s)
    Samsung galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Orange Romania
    Feedback Score
    I've used the following phones:
    - my 1st phone was Lg gt400 in 2010 when i was in 3rd grade (yep i'm 13 and i'm in 7th grade) , and it was locked on Orange romania.
    - my 2nd phone was Nokia 6270 in summer 2012, it was unlocked and works in every mobile network.
    - my 3rd phone was Sony ericsson Xperia x8 in christmas 2012, was unlocked too.
    - my 4th phone was Nokia 100 in april 2013, locked in Vodafone romania.
    - my 5th phone was Nokia n95 8gb in easter 2013, unlocked, i loved this phone because it has N-gage, 8gb, symbian os (which i love this os so much) etc, and i've had 60 songs on my phone and my contacts were in phone memory.
    - my 6th phone was Nokia c3 in hallowen 2013, unlocked and it has QWERTY keyboard and its also cool.
    - my 7th phone was Nokia 101 in april 2014, was unlocked and has dual sim. I liked that phone because it has mp3 player and radio and i can use a song as a ringtone.
    - my 8th phone was Nokia lumia 520 in my birthday 2014 (my birthdate was in 18th may), locked in Orange romania and it didnt had charger but i've used another charger compatible with this phone. But now my phone screen is now cracked because i fell of an ice when i was going home using the bus and i cant see almost anything since it was night.
    - my 9th phone was Samsung galaxy trend lite dous, was unlocked and has dual sim. my dad gave me this phone.
    - my 10th phone which i am using it right now is Huawei ascend G510, and that phone is cool because it has a secondary camera on front of the phone, had DTS sound, but i don't like the Huawei unlock because i don't like the skin and it looks horrible, so i use the pattern lock. And it is also unlocked and i still love this phone.

Thats all the timeline of my phones. Plus, i am Darius, and new to this forum and i'm interested in technology, and i'm also 13.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28