Thread: Moto e815 - full bluetooth functionality with BMW bluetooth (inc phonebook transfer)!

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Moto e815 - full bluetooth functionality with BMW bluetooth (inc phonebook transfer)!

Great news! I lost my Moto v710 this weekend... that $200 mistake actually made my weekend...

I have an 2001 325i with the Advanced Autovations BT retrofit kit, which has the 522 module. With my v710 (.40 software), the phone would pair with the car, and everything worked OK, except the address book would not transfer... Anyhow, I'd toyed with the idea of seeing if i could have the Moto BT/Assist combo unit retrofitted into my car--just so I could have address book capabilities... Turns out I don't need to...

When I got to Verizon yesterday, they were out of stock on the v710, but had a bunch of Moto e815's (the update to the v710). The e815's are supposed to be sent back to Moto to fix a software issue with the streaming video service. Since I could care less about this service, I convinced them to sell me one of the “defective” e815s (they said I could just come back next month for the software update anyhow).

So… I went to pair my 522 BT-only module with the e815, and voila! My phonebook transfers! Still no OBEX file transfer, BUT who cares now! Full BT functionality with my bimmer and Verizon!

Here’s the e815 btw:
    http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=663

PS: The e815 has the exact same dimensions as the v710… Which means it uses the same docking cradle.

Device(s)
    iPhone 16GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by fredwards
    that looks cool!

the **** v710 didnt do this (my v600 did--but of course i had NO reception, with cingular in my office)....

Anyhow, nice bonus for verizon here!