Thread: 6230 face plate without the camera spot

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G White
    Carrier(s)
    Cellular Solution - Rogers Communications
    Feedback Score

6230 face plate without the camera spot

a friend of mine need a cover for 6230, but he need the one that doesn't have the camera spot. The reason is, his job doesn't allow ppl with CAMERA phone to get in.

Any help?
    TIA

kalok~
    kalok Wireless
    My World, Right Now.

HoFo FeedBacks
    My ROKR E1 Review | My 6620 Review | My Rogers MobileTV Review
    850mhz was a must for Rogers Wireless, but now it has became a plus for GSM Canada!

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G White
    Carrier(s)
    Cellular Solution - Rogers Communications
    Feedback Score
    still no help still?

kalok~

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

hmm...

I have never seen a faceplate for a camera phone that didnt have the camera cutout. Id say, cover the camera lense part with black electric tape (or any tape for that matter, or even any thing thin enough to fit ) and use a black faceplate.

Or even EASIER, buy a non-camera phone

Device(s)
    Nokia 6680
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    As stated before in a similar thread covering the camera but still carrying the phone with you could get you fired and cause the company to take legal action against you.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

hmm

That makes sense....Who's to say he won't swap faceplates for one that HAS a camera cutout once he is inside?

Device(s)
    n95 | unlocked | unbranded | Nokia MicroSD 1 GB
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score

Angry

that is the dumbest company policy I've heard. if someone really wanted to copy tradesecrets and documents a camera phone would not do the job. i'm sure they cite invasion of privacy issues which is ridiculous in this world of security cameras, street cameras and eyes in the sky. I would sue them for such a policy simply on the basis they are infringing our HOFO freedom.

Gets me really mad
    "George Bush said it was time he grew up after cycling into a policeman - on his 59th birthday."

Device(s)
    Nokia 6680
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterpixels
    that is the dumbest company policy I've heard. if someone really wanted to copy tradesecrets and documents a camera phone would not do the job. i'm sure they cite invasion of privacy issues which is ridiculous in this world of security cameras, street cameras and eyes in the sky. I would sue them for such a policy simply on the basis they are infringing our HOFO freedom.

Gets me really mad
    How is that dumb? Camera phones can snap important documents and such, which is why they banned them. But, who says this is the only thing they banned, who says they never banned everything that can possibly be used to record data of some kind? It's not dumb, it's very logical.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotic
    How is that dumb? Camera phones can snap important documents and such, which is why they banned them. But, who says this is the only thing they banned, who says they never banned everything that can possibly be used to record data of some kind? It's not dumb, it's very logical.
    ok fine... it's not dumb, it's ridiculous.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6680
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Ok, well since it's so ridiculous, next time you're having sex let someone come and record you on their camera phone. That way they can send it around very easily. How would you like that? Different situation, same concept.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotic
    Ok, well since it's so ridiculous, next time you're having sex let someone come and record you on their camera phone. That way they can send it around very easily. How would you like that? Different situation, same concept.
    Hmm... do I get any royalties? :evileye:

I still don't like the face of "corporate communism" - they just don't trust employees to be responsible when really the ones making the policies and enforcing the rules are the real culprits... Worldcom CEO - 25 years as an example. Stopping employees at the lower management levels from carrying phones which happen to have low rez cameras hardly capable of taking a picture in daylight and stopping bloggers from commenting on how they feel about their work environment is just the tip of the iceberg. I know in some companies they make you wear tracking pagers so they know where you are and practically what you're doing. Oh I see Little Jimmy Olsen is in the lavatory taking a dump... Good grief Charlie Brown... :rolleyes2
    Last edited by monsterpixels; 07-14-2005 at 02:50 PM.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6265i
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I prefer the method of copying all of the infomation with a pen and paper then shoving the contents up my @ss crack for safe keeping until i get out of the building...
    MetroPCS Forum including service tips, tricks, and guides found at Xphilez.com (mobiles section).

Nokia 6265i Guide can be found at Xphilez.com!

MetroPCS MSL (Subsidy Code/Unlock Phone) Calculator, Download, and Detailed Guide!

Device(s)
    v635 w/o camera (in dreams)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular Blue
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifthe1ement
    I prefer the method of copying all of the infomation with a pen and paper then shoving the contents up my @ss crack for safe keeping until i get out of the building...
    You mean they don't do "full cavity" searches when employees leave your bldg? You're lucky man, where I work they have a big girlie man named Beatrice with rubber gloves. If they find something in the wrong orifice it's usually a less than pleasant extraction process.

Sadly the US cell phone industry has collective head in same place you smuggle your notes regarding decent phones w/o cameras.

Feedback Score
    Chemical plants and many breweries (generally) don't allow cameras on site... I think even basic images of certain process lines would allow knowlegable chemists to replicate the process.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure if you guys know, but there is a company called minox that is infamous for their minature cameras. These cameras were routinely used by "spies" during the Cold War to photograph top-secret documents. Likewise, camera phones are becoming smaller and sleeker and they too can be used surreptiously to photograph documents that are not for public use.

Companies have learned from past historical events and nowadays, they want to protect intellectual rites as much as possible. I'm sure that if you wanted to see the KFC recipe, they'd strip you naked, show you the recipe, and then kill you
    Apple
    My Blog