Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: "...FULLY ENABELED..." 2742 seem UPDATE!

Southern California, USA, World, Milky Way, Universe
    Device(s)
    RIM BlackBerry 8830 - Current
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    hmm i just found this...

lemmie know if u guys get it too....

MENU>MESSAGES>CREATE MESSAGE>Send to PixPlace>LEFT SOFT KEY (INSERT), the try Video....what happens next???

CONTRIBUTIONS:
    Motorola:
    E815:
    GPS Functionality (page 2<):
    LINK
    EVDO-Vcast/tethering: LINK | START OF MERGED THREAD
    (COMPLETLY READ BOTH THREADS!)
    • 2742 v1:

LG:
    VX6000:
    How the GPS frenzy started: LINK | A FRIEND'S THREAD

Device(s)
    Currently: Samsung Galaxy S 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BFEINZIMER
    hmm i just found this...

lemmie know if u guys get it too....

MENU>MESSAGES>CREATE MESSAGE>Send to PixPlace>LEFT SOFT KEY (INSERT), the try Video....what happens next???
    It's an add for the 815. LOL

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    my point is once u hit video...it reverts back....not with anyothers such as picture or sound

Feedback Score
    my point is once u hit video...it reverts back....not with anyothers such as picture or sound
    What are you guys talking about? I'm confused.

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It's just defaulting to your first video, if you recorded another vid to the phone it would show that. You can also see the vid by going to videos and selecting e815_demo.

,Dave

Device(s)
    In Use: DEVOUR
    Carrier(s)
    Present: Verizon Wireless; Past: T-Mobile, Nextel, Sprint, Amp'd
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by superdavex
    It's just defaulting to your first video, if you recorded another vid to the phone it would show that. You can also see the vid by going to videos and selecting e815_demo.

,Dave
    Dave, do you think there is a way to allow the light to be a shortcut Item?
    Visit daveyp.net

Member of the:
    VZW CC

Favorite phones of all-time: -1) Droid Incredible, 0) Droid 1/X 1) BB Curve 8330, 2) Motorola E815, 3) LG enV vx9900, 4) Moto/Nextel i95cl

HoFo Feedback (6) 100%
    eBay Feedback 100%

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by superdavex

,Dave
    Ok dave I saw that all my videos are on my TF card...I deleted my demo video...

When I put a video on the phone's memory I could select one and once in the selection process I could switch from the phone to the TF card...bad moto design....

We have been able to erase everything defaulted from the phone other then the audio folder...I've tried everything from simple deleting to trin to overwrite the file with a zero byte file but bitpim or MPT just wont do it....even if the phone is suspended....hmm

Maybe you can give me a hand....

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    2742 SEEM UPDATE v2:

Ok, when using my custom seem, there is one bit 4 in offset 6a was casuing you to not be able to transfer files by USB cable through MPT. I just identified the problem, enabeled the bit and the file transfer now works.

Also I've addressed the incorrect bytes size so yu can see the enite length of the seem.

Below is the new file, but while uploading, please input these values into p2kseem:

SEEM: 2742 RECORD: 1 BYTES (h): 90

The phone will write the max seem values and you will be able to transfer to MPT through the USB cable...I can't test OBEX as my PalmOS device won't transfer for some gay reason....and I don't have a BT device for my PC.

Even though daveyp225 says to change offset 6a to the value of "e3", (http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=669288) mine will show up as "eb" as some other bits that were allready enabeld, I don't want to change as not to mess up anything.

So the values are above, the file is below....ENJOY AND PASS THE WORD...

PS-->>MORE UPDATES MAY COME AT ANYTIME SO LOOK IN MY SIGNATURE FOR THE LASTEST VERSION RELEASE, THIS IS VERSION 2.0!

2742_0001_MOT-E815_v2.seem

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid 11/18/09 vzw proof
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    so this is only an update for people who want to load things thru USB with MPT? cuz if it is that means i dont need to put it on my phone hehe...
    Still on Verizon with a Motorola Droid, The first UNTOUCHED phone by Verizon.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    2742 SEEM UPDATE v2:

Ok, when using my custom seem, there is one bit 4 in offset 6a was casuing you to not be able to transfer files by USB cable through MPT. I just identified the problem, enabeled the bit and the file transfer now works.

Also I've addressed the incorrect bytes size so yu can see the enite length of the seem.

Below is the new file, but while uploading, please input these values into p2kseem:

The phone will write the max seem values and you will be able to transfer to MPT through the USB cable...I can't test OBEX as my PalmOS device won't transfer for some gay reason....and I don't have a BT device for my PC.

Even though daveyp225 says to change offset 6a to the value of "e3", (http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=669288) mine will show up as "eb" as some other bits that were allready enabeld, I don't want to change as not to mess up anything.

PS-->>MORE UPDATES MAY COME AT ANYTIME SO LOOK IN MY SIGNATURE FOR THE LASTEST VERSION RELEASE, THIS IS VERSION 2.0!

I had no problems coping pics and sounds via MPT with the seem that I got from davey! I had an issue coping a 15mb 3g2 to the main memory though.

Mike

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by misha24
    I had no problems coping pics and sounds via MPT with the seem that I got from davey! I had an issue coping a 15mb 3g2 to the main memory though.

Mike
    please read more carefully, davey's works...mine had a mistake in it and ive fixed it

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Eris
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Just tested Ver. 2 and all seems well except the Continuous entry in Backlight is back (still doesn't work). Also the other backlight settings are slightly off (20 secs is really 30 secs, 30 secs = 50 secs, etc.)

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabluest
    Just tested Ver. 2 and all seems well except the Continuous entry in Backlight is back (still doesn't work). Also the other backlight settings are slightly off (20 secs is really 30 secs, 30 secs = 50 secs, etc.)
    I saw you guys were talking about that backlight seem edit, so I thought you might want to read this:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...03#post5213274
    The Continuous Backlight does kinda work, but it is not straight forward. EEZE explains it in the above post.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabluest
    woah crap...lemmie read humpas links below and ill fix that right up...i coulda sworn i removed the continous

[b]OK: I AM GOING TO REMOVE THE CONTINOUS BACKLIGHT FEATURE TO AVOID CONFUSION AS IN THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD I SAID IT WOULD BE GONE. If you want to re-enable it, this is the info:

0A/7 (1=On, 0=Off)
    Menu Item: Settings > Initial Setup > Backlight > Continuous
    Dims Backlight instead of shutting off

also if you take off the "continous" part, the timing for the other values such as 5 and 10 seconds are timed correctly, i dident confirm that they were thrown off when using the "continous" bit though

Personally, Ima leave it on my phone as I might use this below:

Quote Originally Posted by EZEE E
    Humpa & redbulllova,

Allright, I played around with it a bit, and here's what I found and did....

I guess first of all it should be mentioned that the terminology Motorola uses for Display Timeout and Backlight are not quite what you (I?) would expect them to be. (At least they weren't to me....but mebbie I jus dum... )

It should be understood that Display Timeout means the dimmer lighting that eventually "times out", and that the Backlight is the brighter lighting that stays on for a short period before dropping in brightness to the dimmer light. At least that's how I seem to understand it....

What would really be nice is; if you could have the bright backlight do its thing for 10, 20, 30, 50 (or whatever) seconds, and then have the backlight automatically switch to a continuous dim light. You can't though....cause that would make sense....

The first thing I did was the SEEM edit to the 0A/7 SEEM, which is supposed to be for "Continuous dims backlight instead of shutting off". However, when you do the actual SEEM edit itself, checking it just changes it to say "continuous" next to the box you check. I checked this box to turn this function "on".

Now the phone has "Continuous" in the menu for the backlight. (Main Menu>Settings>Initial Setup>Backlight>Change) Although it's now there, and you can select it, the "choice" of Continuous ends up just getting you the next lower value which is 50 seconds.

Hmmm....... After playing with it a bit, I came up with this procedure:

1 - Main Menu>Settings>Initial Setup>Display Timeout>Change Change this to "Off"

2 - Scroll down to the next menu item in Initial Setup which is Backlight. Select Change> select Continuous>select Change. It won't really switch to continuous at this time, but if you do it again and select 50 seconds, it will (now) actually show Continuous when you select Change. Yeah, I know....

What this gets you is a continuous bright backlight with no timeout, and no automatic dimming. The keypad does go off when you close the flip though. Still.....it's probably not ideal for battery life. So I did this.....

3 - Next, from the main display, select Main Menu>Settings>Initial Setup>Brightness and hold the menu key until a shortcut is created. This will allow you to get to the brightness setting in two key presses from the main display. Although this is not as cool as having a brightness "timeout" that reverts to a continuous "dim" after a certain period of time, it will still allow a continuous dim backlight, that's (relatively) easy to adjust brighter for use in direct sunlight.

I never tried any of this before enabling the 0A/7 SEEM, so I have no idea if this was already possible.

I now have the extended battery from Motorola, and have not (yet, in the last two weeks) been able to kill it in a day. Today I've had the phone on all day, made about an hour's worth of calls, had this setup above enabled for about 4 hours now, and I still show full battery bars. I guess time will tell....

Erick
    Last edited by BFEINZIMER; 07-10-2005 at 02:30 PM.

Feedback Score
    2742 SEEM UPDATE v2:

BFEINZIMER, if your new seem changes offset 6a to "eb" instead of "e3", that means you enabled bit 3 of offset 6a. If I look on the nuclear elephant site with all the seem mappings, this bit corresponds to:

6A/3 (1=On, 0=Off) Menu Item: Security > Data Connection
    Change 1XRTT Settings and Service Type (QNC, Packet, Auto)

Why did you enable this bit? What does this do? Thanks!

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast