Thread: WHOA WHOA WHOA! You might be able to dl from MOTO!!!!!

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

WHOA WHOA WHOA! You might be able to dl from MOTO!!!!!

Check this out. I went to www.hellomoto.com and clicked on the entertainment section. It says the T720 is supported, so I clicked on that, thinking it would just say only for the GSM T720's. But it didn't. So went into games and selected Tetris and added it to my cart. Then I went into billing, filled out my info and on to the second page. This is where you enter your Credit Card info, you mobile phone # and select provider. You ready for this? VERIZON was listed as one of the providers to choose. I'm SOOO tempted to blow the five bucks on Tetris JUST to see if it will let me dl to the phone. This is for OTA by the way, NOT to dl to your comp and then data cable it over.

Well, what do you guys think? I KNOW the Evil Get It Now will try to take over my phone and squash the dl, but then again, maybe not.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: On the entertainment sub menu, when it asks you to select your phone, DON'T click the picture of the T720's. Select T720 from the drop down menu underneath the picture.
    Last edited by janko10; 11-12-2002 at 11:05 PM.
    Ad Astra Per Aspera

Device(s)
    i730
    Feedback Score
    Go for it man, I hope you can prove me wrong (this would be the first time I really want to be wrong)
    Last edited by nidua; 11-12-2002 at 11:23 PM.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Sadly, it looks like I was denied. ****ing Verizon Bastards. I was gonna try a ringtone since they are only two bucks, then I saw a link to dl a free demo one. So filled out the form, put in my # and selected Verizon as the provider from the drop down menu. I received the txt message on my phone about 5 seconds later with the link to dl the demo ringtone. I go to the link and the the phone says "Thanks for Downloading" and I'm like, oh ***** did it work? Then I see (on that page) the right soft menu button says "download". So I hit that and what do I see? Our two favorite errors- 406: Not Acceptable and 1015: Invalid Content Type.

**** you Verizon and the horse you rode in on.

I've got an email into Handango/Moto to see what they say. I'm suprised that they would list Verizon as a provider if it doesn't work. I let you guys know what they say.
    Last edited by janko10; 11-12-2002 at 11:31 PM.

Device(s)
    i730
    Feedback Score
    I hear you brother. It did seem to good to be true. Verizon says: no games for you....
    Last edited by nidua; 11-12-2002 at 11:31 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 3.0Jailbroken
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by janko10
    Sadly, it looks like I was denied. ****ing Verizon Bastards. I was gonna try a ringtone since they are only two bucks, then I saw a link to dl a free demo one. So filled out the form, put in my # and selected Verizon as the provider from the drop down menu. I received the txt message on my phone about 5 seconds later with the link to dl the demo ringtone. I go to the link and the the phone says "Thanks for Downloading" and I'm like, oh ***** did it work? Then I see (on that page) the right soft menu button says "download". So I hit that and what do I see? Our two favorite errors- 406: Not Acceptable and 1015: Invalid Content Type.

**** you Verizon and the horse you rode in on.

I've got an email into Handango/Moto to see what they say. I'm suprised that they would list Verizon as a provider if it doesn't work. I let you guys know what they say.
    The browser in the T720 will not allow downloading of Multi-Media files. I've tried and tried. I can't get it to work no matter what. So I lodged a complaint with both MOTO and Verizon. They both sent me the same reply. It's not our fault it's the other guys fault. Well we all know who's fault it really is...

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well Handango wasn't any help when they emailed me back. All they did was offer a refund if I had bought something. No explanation as to WHY Verizon is a choice as a provider if you CAN'T dl anything to Verizon phones. Gay

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Maxx
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by janko10
    Well Handango wasn't any help when they emailed me back. All they did was offer a refund if I had bought something. No explanation as to WHY Verizon is a choice as a provider if you CAN'T dl anything to Verizon phones. Gay
    It's a choice as a provider because they have the best coverage nationwide than any other carrier. I think that is more important than dl anything.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    But you're missing my point Joe. EVERYONE who signs on Handango w/ Verizon to dl something, it will not work and therefore EVERYONE will have to request a refund. That's like gas stations selling water instead of gas, it's not gonna work and EVERYONE will come back for a refund. What kind of business is this that SAYS they support a carrier when they do not? That doesn't make any sense to me.