Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Unicel WAP config?

Device(s)
    Nokia 3600 Slide
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Bleh)
    Feedback Score

Question Unicel WAP config?

I am a Unicel GSM customer in VT with a SE T616 from my days as an AT&T customer. I just got a Terminator and unlocked/flashed/unbranded it. Everything is fine now, except the WAP. I can't seem to get it working. I called Unicel and they gave me 65.168.87.97 as the gateway address. The GPRS works fine because I can use the non-WAP email client. But I get a communication error anytime I try to use the WAP browser.

Does any Unicel customer have a different gateway address I could try? Or does anyone have any other suggestions for me?

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Nokia 3600 Slide
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Bleh)
    Feedback Score
    I finally found all of the settings. Here they are if anybody else ever needs them:

Unicel GSM Internet Settings

GPRS APN: apn.unicel.com
    WAP Gateway: 63.99.231.135
    MMS Server: mms.info2go.com/servlets/mms

Enjoy.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Can you successfully send SMS messages? I am trying to configure an unlocked/unbranded V635 for Unicel. I can receive SMS fine but I cannot send.

The Service Center Number they give me is +12076598437 which I've confirmed on a friend's Unicel GSM phone. I've also confirmed it on the V180 they made me buy (which I don't intend to use).

They've told me I nede to have "Use GPRS" set to off for SMS to work however my friend has it "on" and it works fine for her on her V505. I had to do some SEEM edits to get the menu option on my V635 but I've tried it both ways and it doesn't work in either.

I have the same WAP settings you do as well as a bunch of others I lifted off the V180. As far as I can tell, both phones should be identical (web session, etc) however obviously there's still something I didn't get. If you have any insight/advice I'd greatly appreciate it.

There are a few other minor quirks but not being able to send SMS is a major issue.

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Motorola z6
    Carrier(s)
    Unicel
    Feedback Score
    I work for Unicel and I can't even make my own equipment work. I bought an HP Ipaq 6320 and I have everything working BUT SMS. It's a palm phone and no matter how I set it up, it doesn't seem to work. I'll post some more if I can get the freaking thing to work. Otherwise, check ebay as it'll be for sale.

Feedback Score
    Here is the information that should answer all the above questions.

WAP settings:
    Go To Menu->Services->Settings->Connection Settings->Active Service Settings. Press Select.

Homepage = http://wap.info2go.com/mist30mp/rcc/
    Service Type = WAP
    Gateway IP = 63.99.231.135
    Port = 9201
    Username and Password are blank
    GPRS APN = anp.unicel.com

For those having problems with SMS...
    Service Center Number = +12067285367
    MAKE SURE Use GPRS it set to NO

Hope this helps...

Device(s)
    Motorola z6
    Carrier(s)
    Unicel
    Feedback Score
    It doesnt appear that my equipment will work for SMS at all according to HP. As far as they are concerned, its a problem with Unicel's network which makes no sense what so ever. Here's a link to the info HP gave me.
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport..._MH041130_CW02

Device(s)
    Motorola z6
    Carrier(s)
    Unicel
    Feedback Score
    I finally got my iPAQ 6320 all set up and can send and receive SMS. After playing around with an HP Technician in online chat for an hour or two, I started downloading all the patches while waiting for them to consult their guide. The one that finally did it was a LAN patch. It somehow makes sure that GPRS does not come on while sending SMS. This should be a great phone now.

Device(s)
    Qtek 9100
    Carrier(s)
    Westlink
    Feedback Score

Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Liminal
    I finally found all of the settings. Here they are if anybody else ever needs them:

Unicel GSM Internet Settings

GPRS APN: apn.unicel.com
    WAP Gateway: 63.99.231.135
    MMS Server: mms.info2go.com/servlets/mms

Enjoy.
    I've been looking everywhere for these!! Thanks!!! Does anyone know how to get the edge to work?

Device(s)
    Motorola z6
    Carrier(s)
    Unicel
    Feedback Score

Edge

You are only going to get Edge speeds in more popluated areas with Unicel. What area are you in and I'll search our tower lists to see what I can find near you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mastersonc
    You are only going to get Edge speeds in more popluated areas with Unicel. What area are you in and I'll search our tower lists to see what I can find near you.
    I have a w600i and I'm attempting to set up the Data Communication and Internet Settings. The information in this thread has been really helpful, but I'm not all the way there. In fact I'm really nowhere, b/c it's not working yet. I'm a Unicel customer in Central Oregon, so any additional information you could provide on the local EDGE network settings would be great.

Thx

Device(s)
    Motorola z6
    Carrier(s)
    Unicel
    Feedback Score

w600

I don't really know much about the phone as I have only had the chance to play with it for a few moments. See, we don't start selling that phone here in the Northeast for another 2-3 weeks. I'll see what I can do for you. You just have to give me some details as to what is going on with it...Also, where did the phone come from? Is the handset fully unlocked and is it a Unicel SIM card that you're using? Fill me in a little and we'll see what we can do.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Although my phone isn't officially supported by Unicel, I recently had no trouble having them send the WAP/MMS/SMS configs over the air for it. So they seem to have relaxed a bit about unofficial phones. You might want to try it. Just call up their tech support, tell them you need the configs sent over the air. They'll need your phone model to enter into the system so it sends the right config. Make sure they let you know the PIN too before you let them off the phone, because when you receive it you'll need to enter the PIN to apply it.

Alternatively, here's the latest info I have from them for doing it manually:

WAP

1. Menu->WebAccess->WebSessions->[New Entry]
    2. Press change on the "Service Name" and change to Unicel Info2go.
    3. Scroll and select "Homepage" and set to WAP homepage http://wap.info2go.com/mist30mp/rcc/ and Press Ok
    4. Scroll to "Gateway IP" and change the WAP GW IP address to 63.99.231.135 and press ok
    5. Scroll to "GPRS APN" and change the GPRS APN to apn.unicel.com and press ok
    6. Press done and you'll be returned to the list of web sessions.
    7. Highlight Unicel Info2go and press the menu key
    8. Select as default.

MMS

1. Menu->WebAccess->WebSessions->[New Entry]
    2. Press change on the "Service Name" and change to Pictures2Go
    3. Scroll and change Service Type 1 to HTTP.
    4. Scroll to "Gateway IP" and change the WAP GW IP address to 63.99.231.135 and press ok .
    5. Change Port 1 to 8080.
    6. Scroll to "GPRS APN" and change the GPRS APN to apn.unicel.com and press ok
    7. Press done and you'll be returned to the list of web sessions. Do not select this as your default web session. You will have to reselect Unicel Info2Go as your default
    8. Go to Menu->Messages->Menu->Message Setup->MMS Message Setup and press change.
    9. Scroll and select Server Info.
    10. Highlight the current server (Service1 if nothing has been programmed) and press Menu ->Edit (Select New if nothing has been programmed)
    11. Change service name to Pictures2Go
    12. Change Server Name to http://mms.info2go.com/servlets/mms
    13. Change the web session to Pictures2Go.
    14. Press Done and then select the Pictures2Go on the Current Server Screen.

Now the Server Info should display Pictures2Go

service center # +12067285367
    email gateway 0000000000

Device(s)
    Motorola L7
    Carrier(s)
    unicel
    Feedback Score

data server

i have all of the setting properly entered in my phone, i even went down to the unicel store and they double checked them. but when i go to load the browser it says data server not available. i have a motorola L7 if this helps you to maybe help me out.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Did you ask them to send it down over the air? That's what it took to make mine work, despite it looking like my attempt at doing it manually got all the settings.

Device(s)
    Motorola L7
    Carrier(s)
    unicel
    Feedback Score
    the problem is is they dont support the l7 so they wont send anything to it. it seem like if you dont give unicel your money for the phone they wont even try to help you

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast