Thread: Delayed voicemail and missed calls

Feedback Score

Question Delayed voicemail and missed calls

Our company has about 30 (LG 4400) phones with Verizon. A lot of people are experiencing missed calls (even though there's a strong signal and the user can make a call without a problem) AND delayed voicemail (sometimes delayed up to 5 or 6 days).

I've searched through this forum and seen little mention of this problem (one thread from 2003). Is anyone else experiencing this, and if so, has anyone found a solution? ...or if you haven't found a solution, have you at least found out why this happens???

We operate all over the country and have experienced this in many places (smaller towns, big cities, etc) so I don't think it's a particular area that has the problem. We also experience this in our main Chicago office.

The usual *228 hasn't had an effect and Verizon support hasn't offered any solutions.

Thanks,
    Eric

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I also have the LG 4400 for the past two years and I have experienced that too. I can't say how often it would happen because I don't receive that many calls on this phone, but there have been times when my phone is on, and then I hear the voice mail notification go off. Sometimes the call happened just minutes ago and the phone never rang. But I have also had it go off several hours later. It seems to always happen at home where I have a pretty weak signal and it bounces back and forth to roaming even though I am in a big city. You'd think even if it was bouncing around when the call was received, that it would come up right away.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA, Vodafone ES
    Feedback Score
    Well...if 30 people are experiencing the problem it's probably not a specific phone problem. LG phones are always said to be a little fragile, signal wise, especially when the network gets busy, but getting voicemails six days late is not right...I haven't experienced that and we travel all over the country.
    What you might want to do is ask Verizon to have you try out a few Motorola V710 phones and see if that solves the problem(the V710 is coverage king and has solved many problems for many people); of course I cannot guarantee that this will help and there might just be some kind of network issue.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the advice -- I'll see if we can't get a v710 in the hands of some of our most prolific users and see if it makes a difference... If it does (after a few weeks or month) I'll post back with any results...
    Thanks - Eric