Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nokia 6230 covers..

Device(s)
    Nokia 6230
    Feedback Score

Nokia 6230 covers..

Has anyone bought any 6230 covers that arent the xpress-on ones? How are they?

I want to get a new cover but man they are expensive (around $30) and the generic ones are much cheaper... is there a big difference????

Device(s)
    Nokia 1100
    Carrier(s)
    Orange
    Feedback Score
    The other cases are usually lower quality and don't always fit on the phone
    You should try that case and se how it fits

Device(s)
    Nokia 6230
    Feedback Score
    thanks for the reply.... anyone else have any experiences?

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5, GS8, Nokia 6230i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Xfinity Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i recently (about a month ago) bought a new black OEM one from Ebay. It was shipped from hong kong for a total price of around $35. Fits perfect.

just search for Nokia OEM 6230, then click on faceplates (yes i know not only OEM ones will show up in a search like that, but its usually pretty easy to tell which ones are fake)
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading this in English, thank a Veteran.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson K800i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    yeah i get a lot in HK, they arent OEM, but their quality is amazing. and they're really cheap.

Feedback Score
    Anyone use aftermarket faceplates from ebay? Which aftermarket ones fit good? Im looking for ricey ones like the clear see through ones or stuff like that..
    Anyone?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G ~ 16 GB ~ white (mine)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have a black rubber one that I bought from drsourcing (ebay user). I like it - it gives the phone a good feel and i think the black looks cool.

Feedback Score
    any1 try to use the 6230i cover on this phone? I think some1 did successfully I am havint rboule finding them though The reason Im interested is because of the new "joystick" for the middle button because its annoying with the 6230b how the control pad is.

Also any1 good place to buy aftermarket covers if IC angte get a 6230i? I used to buy from A-motion on ebay but he doesnt seem to sell them anymore.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    i bought one a while back it fell and broke instantly...Won't go with cheap "original" covers anymore

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    http://www.cellularfactory.com/hou4.jsp?b=2128&f=F

the link above has a few for the 6230. Never bought from them.

I just bought a smoke gray cover form my 6200 off EBay. It isn't "OEM" but the cover fits just fine. Only problem is the new black keypad they gave me doesn't light up at night.

Device(s)
    nokia 6310i
    Carrier(s)
    fido.ca
    Feedback Score
    Like anything that is third party, some are okay and some are crap. Best to just read the feedbacks on the sellers. Hopefully, previous buyers will comment on the quality. And don't just look at the negatives.

Device(s)
    Blackburry 8310
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    rofl "oem from hong kong" hahaha just like those "Authentic" louis vuitton wallets that come in from hong kong too. its hard to find true oem anything on ebay, especially housing. allthe v3 housings on ebay are fake even the "oem" ones. the cosmetically there is very little difference, just in the quality of the product is there a difference. such as the paint rubbing off easily, and the keypads being stiff and hard to push. but i guess you got to take what you can get cause sht show me a person on ebay that sells true oem stuff and ill buy from them all the time.

Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    I bought a couple of aftermarket 6230i covers off ebay for my 6230b.

The covers are not as nice as the real ones (obviously), the screens scratch easier, the paint is uneven, and there is a gap between the keyboard and the screen, but I did pay less than half price for two fake ones than for one real one.

I am using the aftermarket black faceplate with the original keypad because it fits better, and the joystick button on the aftermarket keypad is too small, so it rotates in the socket, and it is not any easier to click than the original 6230b. It works pretty good, but I would prefer the real ones from now on.

Jojo
    Last edited by jojowasher; 07-04-2005 at 12:42 AM.

Device(s)
    Moto ROKR E6
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    It is well know that non original covers are worse quality than original ones. That is why price is cheaper

Device(s)
    One Plus One
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Pm this person OoOverclockaoO for true oem covers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast