Thread: How To Guide: BlackBerry Push Email on P910x

Device(s)
    P910a
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Please share how

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaley007
    I would like everyone to know that I have my p910a working on the Cingular network. I have both the BB Enterprise Server pushing emails as well as 2 POP3 clients coming in via the BB Web Client. Still having a few issues with Contacts and Calendar on the Server coming down.

John

I have the P910a and cingular service, we also use the BES with Blackberry in the office, I had my plan with cingular changed to a Blackberry plan, and loaded the 2.54 client and the Blackberry configuration 2.0.0.9 (which does not have a choice of USA (english) so I choose Canada (english), but my issue is the phone never establishes service with Cingular the icon just flashes all day long, we check the BES and my mail is setting there qued up.

Can you please let me know how you setup your P910a to get it talking with cingular?

James

Device(s)
    S.E. P800 | S.E. P900 | S.E. P910i |S.E. P990i | S700i (Black)|S.E. Xperia X1i
    Carrier(s)
    HBH-10 | HBH-15 | HBH-30 | HBH-35 | HBH-60 | HBH-65 | HBH-200 | HBH-600 | HBH-660
    Feedback Score
    I haven't added my Pop addresses back in the mix. Last time I did it I believe there were issue pushing pop email to the P910 if you had a BES service book already established. For some reason BES and POP service books ceased to co-exist. I had to re-install several times until I figured out that the unit would only work with one or the other.

Has anyone been able to get both type of service books to work simultaneously on T-MO. I'm hesitant to try. BES has been running great and I didn't want to hang up my system if the issue hadn't been resolved.
    Breathe iT__Smell iT__Taste iT__Feel iT

B I G F E A T E N T E R T A I N M E N T

Device(s)
    P910a
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Msg for James

Did you change the PIN and ESN/EMEI on the BB web client under Profile/Change Handheld? It took me a while. I even called Cingular but they couldn't change it. Then for some unknown reason the P910a PIN and EMEI number took. I think this needs to happen to tell the Blackberry ES to send emails to the P910a. I never did anything on the BBES side.

For a while all I had was the BB icon flashing.

Do you have the correct settings in the Internet Account section. Making sure you have User name - rim and PWD - password and Address - blackberry.net

When I click on the Blackberry application on the P910a and select "About" it says
    Blackberry Setup application Version 2.54(1000000)
    Sony Ericsson P910a 2.54.3.0 <2.0.0.44>.
    Not sure if I'm running a later release of the code.

John

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    HBH-10 | HBH-15 | HBH-30 | HBH-35 | HBH-60 | HBH-65 | HBH-200 | HBH-600 | HBH-660
    Feedback Score
    It seems like the BB internet service books still will not work if the BES service books are installed. The webclient on T-Mo's side will only push one internet email service book. For instance, if you create 2 or more it will only push the first book on top of the list. However, it doesn't appear to poll any email at all. The only message that came through was the activation msg stating that emails would start rolling through in 20min. It's been 24hrs and none of my internet email msgs have been pushed to the device. The BES still works.

For a recap of this incident, a lot of users started experiencing glitches shortly after the Webclient page was moved to T-Mo's site. It certainly appears that once it was on T-Mo's site it was only customized to work with their BB handheld units. The internet service books will work if BES is not installed. But only the first internet service book on top of the list. Can someone verify my above findings?

I think I will have to pop in my Cingular sim to see what improvements they made since our last discussion of their BB service.

Device(s)
    P910a
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Working with Cingular

yeah, thanks for the tips, adding the user name and password work, email push from the BES has been running great, as you mentioned I to can not get address or calandering to replicate via BB even thought I have the Service books for them. Please let me know if anyone gets those working on the P910a with cingular...

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFeat
    It seems like the BB internet service books still will not work if the BES service books are installed. The webclient on T-Mo's side will only push one internet email service book. For instance, if you create 2 or more it will only push the first book on top of the list. However, it doesn't appear to poll any email at all. The only message that came through was the activation msg stating that emails would start rolling through in 20min. It's been 24hrs and none of my internet email msgs have been pushed to the device. The BES still works.

For a recap of this incident, a lot of users started experiencing glitches shortly after the Webclient page was moved to T-Mo's site. It certainly appears that once it was on T-Mo's site it was only customized to work with their BB handheld units. The internet service books will work if BES is not installed. But only the first internet service book on top of the list. Can someone verify my above findings?

I think I will have to pop in my Cingular sim to see what improvements they made since our last discussion of their BB service.
    Yes, you are correct. BES runs great on T-Mobile, if you add BB internet everything stops working. I'll try to locate Cingular Sim with BB service and see what happens. I would prefer to use Cingular as I get better signal at home.

Device(s)
    P910a
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I can get the Calender to work on the P910 and BBES. The only piece that does not is the contact remote lookup. Each time it just times out.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhaley007
    I can get the Calender to work on the P910 and BBES. The only piece that does not is the contact remote lookup. Each time it just times out.

All the functionalities of BES has worked great ever since I installed it and drafted this guide. I haven't made any updates to the guide simply because there are inconsistencies between T-MO and Cingular. My Cingular account has remained idle for quite a bit simply because I don't think their overall service is up to par. I still can't fathom how a company that merges with a mobile giant not have any hours on the weekends or late hours. T-MO is literally 24/7. I would need to see a bit more from Cingular before I recommend anyone invest into a BB account with them.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    BIGFEAT,

I concur with you on Cing's lack of 24/7 customer service. A main reason I left them. Coverage was great, but without someone to talk to at 4am, I get lonely.

I have been using my p910a with BES from TMO and it has been working flawlessly. Emails come quicker than web client (I've seen 1 to 1 1/2hr delays with tmo). I pay a little more a month for the service, but its worth it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by L Bo
    BIGFEAT,

I concur with you on Cing's lack of 24/7 customer service. A main reason I left them. Coverage was great, but without someone to talk to at 4am, I get lonely.

I have been using my p910a with BES from TMO and it has been working flawlessly. Emails come quicker than web client (I've seen 1 to 1 1/2hr delays with tmo). I pay a little more a month for the service, but its worth it.
    BB Connect crashes everytime I try to add a new Web address to it. BES somehow seizes to work. In addition, I am only able to push one email addy from the T-MO BB service. For instance, the website will only push the email address on top of the list. Soon after I chose to have the service book pushed to my handset the BB connect software returns all error message codes. I then have to uninstall the software and re-install it. It won't even work if I have just the web addresses and provisioned for BB Internet Client.

Now T-MO has it customized where you must choose a handset to navigate the BB email service online. So i just picked a random BB handset from the choices on the website.

How are you getting around this m8? I only have BES running now as my Web emails causes a conflict in the software.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I had the same issue with the crashing using a BB TMO addy. I just strictly use BES and keep it at that. The emails are so much faster, its almost instant (give a take a millisecond).

I need to call my support team so they can get my BB calendar and phonebook to sync like it used to.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by L Bo
    I had the same issue with the crashing using a BB TMO addy. I just strictly use BES and keep it at that. The emails are so much faster, its almost instant (give a take a millisecond).

I need to call my support team so they can get my BB calendar and phonebook to sync like it used to.

Ok M8.. I was under the impression that you had both BES and BB Internet service books working simultaneously. Whatever T-MO is doing with their system it sucks. All service books were working perfectly before RIM handed the Webclient responsibility over to the service providers.

So does anyone have BES and WebClient addresses working simultaneously on their handhelds? No point of just using BES when it obviously only delivers corporate emails. I find that Webclient emails don't even work on their own with BB Connect anymore if you use TMO.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFeat
    I find that Webclient emails don't even work on their own with BB Connect anymore if you use TMO.
    That is correct, but I dont use BES for corporate, but I use it for my personal emails thru an exchange server. Works much better than TMO!

Feedback Score

Cingular unable to register my P910a as Blackberry client

I am unable to successfully register the BB Client on Cingular's network, and when I called them they tell me since they do not support this device, they will not allow it to register the BB client. They suggest I buy the Nokia 9300 instead!

Makes me mad, since ithe P910a such a nice phone, and the Nokia 9300 (which they officially sell and support) is a brick!

I understand that many (some?) members of this board are able to use the P910a successfully with Cingular, for both BB Internet Service, as well as BB Enterprise Server.

I have followed just about every instruction in the book, and on this board. What have you guys done to make this service work with Cingular specifically. Just this experience makes me want to move away and sign up with TMo!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Hey, I would just move to TMO. Cing's too expensive for the BB service anyway.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast