Thread: AT&T GSM/GPRS launched in FL.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone Xs Max, Apple iPhone X, Apple iPhone 7 Plus, Galaxy S7 edge, Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score

AT&T GSM/GPRS launched in FL.

WOW, AT&T is sure deploying it's GSM/GPRS rather quickly, according to their coverage map FL. is now covered.

http://www.attws.com/mobileinternet/network.jhtml

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I wonder why the NY is not covered? You'd think that they would target business users in NYC/Manhattan area. (I want my damn GSM phone to work there when I go down there.)

Device(s)
    Blackberry 7105t w/ hbh-662
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

FL not GSM for ATT...yet

I talked to two different CS Reps and they said FL is not covered...yet!

One said that FL rollout is scheduled for late 2001. The other works in the GSM division in Seattle. He said that the FL coverage on the internet is a mistake and that it definately is NOT ACTIVE yet.

More info is that Detroit rollout for ATT GSM happened a week ago. Chicago is not planned yet. My local dealer said look for very early 2002 for Chicago ATT GSM.

I guess it'll be a late XMAS present for me. Actually if it's in mid february my Tax return will get me on GSM/GPRS quite nice.

Feedback Score
    Why do you want GSM. In Seattle, it cost more for service and people aren't flocking to get one!

Device(s)
    Blackberry 7105t w/ hbh-662
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

GSM vs TDMA

I want GSM because I have AT&T. I've been on for a couple of years and I'm comfortable. CS reps lower phone prices for me, I'm out of contract and I have a great dealer in my area.

I'm a techo-geek. I've had 3 AT&T phones and the hassle to change phones is annoying. With GSM I could have 15 phones but swap my SIM and I'm using them All!! I am also the person who WOULD connect my phone to my laptop and dial up to the internet from my car while camping!

US AT&T just completed an EDGE call with Nokia. That's 4 times faster than GPRS.

That's fast!