Device(s)
    Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

NA MOU and Treo 650?

Hi Folks,

Searched, and did not find.

I still have, and use National Access Minutes Only Usage on my V710. If I get a Treo 650 and do *not* get a data plan (bloody pirates):

A. Can I still use NA MOU to get online with my laptop and the Treo (with the DUN hack) and get billed only minutes? I realize this is not a guarantee, but will Verizon "red flag" my account when I get a Smartphone and actively thwart MOU internet access?

B. And this is the kicker... Can I dial #777 on the Treo itself and get online with just the Treo on NA MOU as if it was a laptop?

TIA,

-N

Device(s)
    Sprint WP7 Arrive - Sprint SERO!
    Feedback Score
    Anyone happen to know an answer?

I have thought about trying the hack with my bellsouth account... but if someone has already tried, and failed, or tried and it worked, I would like to know as well. I doubt if I call verizon support they would help at all! :evileye:
    01011001011011110111010100100000011100100110010101 10000101101100011011000111100100100000011011100110 01010110010101100100001000000111010001101111001000 00011001110110010101110100001000000110000100100000 0110110001101001011001100110010100100001

Device(s)
    iPhone3GS - iPhone3G - SE Xperia X1 - iPhone3G - Fuze - iPhone3G (ATT)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, ATT
    Feedback Score
    I recently noticed they had started charging me "pay as you go" for data, when I have been MOU since day one. I have NEVER had a minutes problem. I called and talked to a supervisor and I explained that I have been MOU for years, and that he had two options. Put my account back the way it has been since I got my 7135 (then I600, then Treo600, now Treo650), or cancell all my lines. He put it back, and made a note stating that I basically assumed full responsibility for my minutes. I told him I had no problem with that since I connect to the internet 1-2 times a day to collect mail with Snappermail, and I have NEVER had a problem with minutes. Take it for what its worth. Just another reason I never mind paying out the nose for a phone. While I COULD save a couple hundred bucks....it would also mean ANOTHER contract. I have no contract, so I am happy!

Device(s)
    Sprint WP7 Arrive - Sprint SERO!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vipermad
    I recently noticed they had started charging me "pay as you go" for data, when I have been MOU since day one. I have NEVER had a minutes problem. I called and talked to a supervisor and I explained that I have been MOU for years, and that he had two options. Put my account back the way it has been since I got my 7135 (then I600, then Treo600, now Treo650), or cancell all my lines. He put it back, and made a note stating that I basically assumed full responsibility for my minutes. I told him I had no problem with that since I connect to the internet 1-2 times a day to collect mail with Snappermail, and I have NEVER had a problem with minutes. Take it for what its worth. Just another reason I never mind paying out the nose for a phone. While I COULD save a couple hundred bucks....it would also mean ANOTHER contract. I have no contract, so I am happy!
    Cool. I will try that... although, tech after tech has mentioned it is not possible (using minutes). I would be careful with the Treo 650... getting hit with $15 / MB bill would not be cool. There are so many rumors and mass-confusion about using "minutes" and "data" with verizon. Many, many people are getting because of it.

Now, back to the original post... seems we are still looking for an answer...

Device(s)
    Audiovox 9900
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    When a rep changes an ESN to a PDA/Smartphone the billing system will automatically pop-up a message stating that a data plan needs to be added. The system will not allow the ESN change to complete until a data plan has also been added. Hope this clears up any confusion.

Device(s)
    eyePhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT$T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheKn0w
    When a rep changes an ESN to a PDA/Smartphone the billing system will automatically pop-up a message stating that a data plan needs to be added. The system will not allow the ESN change to complete until a data plan has also been added. Hope this clears up any confusion.

You have to have a data plan period. Why are people still asking this?

See this thread for details.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=634191

Device(s)
    RIM Blackberry 8703e
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_K
    You have to have a data plan period. Why are people still asking this?

See this thread for details.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=634191
    You don't have to have a data plan.

You just let them know you want your plan to stay as it has been which was MOU on the V710 and now the same MOU on the Treo 650.

You then ask them to make note in your records that this is your wish and you'll assume full responsibility of any minutes overage charges that might incure should you forget to disconnect the data connection. Ask also for them to note that this is your wish for any future data capable phone you may get from Verizon.

Verizon wanting to increase their revenue by requiring a data plan from NEW customers OR existing customers upgrading from a non-data capable phone to a data capable phone IS fair.

Verizon choosing to allow existing customers who have been using MOU on their data capable phone and who wishes to be able to continue to use MOU on their new data capable phone IS ALSO fair and IS ALSO good business.

Device(s)
    Audiovox 9900
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Any employee doing this is putting their job in jeopardy since this is directly opposed to the company's clearly stated methods and procedures. I know I will be keeping my job.

Device(s)
    RIM Blackberry 8703e
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Any employee doing this is putting their job in jeopardy since this is directly opposed to the company's clearly stated methods and procedures. I know I will be keeping my job.
    One would think a highly successful company like Verizon, with a reputation for excellent customer service, empower their employees to worry more about keeping their customers rather than worrying about keeping their job.

Device(s)
    Audiovox 9900
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmstr
    One would think a highly successful company like Verizon, with a reputation for excellent customer service, empower their employees to worry more about keeping their customers rather than worrying about keeping their job.
    Empowerment is possible without by-passing company policy.

The problem with this whole data plan issue is that the reps selling these devices either don't know or aren't telling their customer that a data plan is required.

Device(s)
    Audiovox 9900
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Verizon choosing to allow existing customers who have been using MOU on their data capable phone and who wishes to be able to continue to use MOU on their new data capable phone IS ALSO fair and IS ALSO good business.
    This is like saying since I was getting free HBO on my old Cable box I should still get it get it free on my new PVR cable box even after the cable company found the mistake and corrected it.

Device(s)
    RIM Blackberry 8703e
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Empowerment is possible without by-passing company policy.

The problem with this whole data plan issue is that the reps selling these devices either don't know or aren't telling their customer that a data plan is required.
    Then I think Verizon needs better training for their reps. Anyways, to sum up my thoughts on how I think Verizon should draw the data line when a customer wants to get a data capable phone like the Treos:

1) NEW Customers to Verizon:
    ** Data Plan Required or disabled**

2) Existing customer upgrading from a non-data capable phone to a data capable phone:
    ** Data Plan Required or disabled**

3) Existing customer updading/switching from a data-capable phone to a data-capable phone should be dealt with as follows by the CSR in the following order:
    - Sell the data plans
    - If customer does not want a data plan then offer to disable data.
    - If customer does not want a data plan and wants to continue using data that comes off their minutes then give them a warning and note that customer refused data plan and customer agrees to assume full responsibility for their MOU usage. Better yet, have them sign and fax back to verizon a letter saying so.

No harm done and everyone's happy. Only my 2 cents.

Device(s)
    RIM Blackberry 8703e
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This is like saying since I was getting free HBO on my old Cable box I should still get it get it free on my new PVR cable box even after the cable company found the mistake and corrected it.
    If they want to keep me as a happy customer then they'll leave everything as it was since I've been paying $50/month for cable. Otherwise maybe I'll just shop around get get satellite TV and pay $55/month for HBO with the satellite TV just because the cable TV company felt that getting that extra $5/month is worth loosing my $50/month.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Then I think Verizon needs better training for their reps. Anyways, to sum up my thoughts on how I think Verizon should draw the data line when a customer wants to get a data capable phone like the Treos:
    Better solution. Offer $15-$25 unlimited data and make everyone (well, most) happy.

Device(s)
    RIM Blackberry 8703e
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    Better solution. Offer $15-$25 unlimited data and make everyone (well, most) happy.
    I'd glady switch from MOU to this plan just so I don't have to worry about the minutes thing and don't have to deal with CSR whenever I change a data phone. Jeesh, if Verizon would just make it affordable and reasonable and people will line up for the data plan.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast