Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Hi My Name Is.....(Give Your Intros Plz)

Device(s)
    Sidekick II (Mr. Cartoon)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Name: Bryon S.
    Job: RSR
    Duration: 2yrs.
    Best Thing about the job: A company that cares... and its friggin Chill!
    Worst Thing: Phone Pricing!!! (How do they expect me to sell these things??)

I really get annoyed when:
    Customer service reps tell me how to price my phones and that I can give a customer a discount beacuse they said so.. Ha! Oh and when they think they know more than me.. please!! lets get real it's just not possible!
    I work for T-mobile ( No not a Indirect guy please dont put me in the same bracket!!)

These are my views not those of my companies... though maybe my co-workers.. lol!

Device(s)
    samsung t509s
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebellpntball

I really get annoyed when:
    Customer service reps tell me how to price my phones and that I can give a customer a discount beacuse they said so.. Ha! Oh and when they think they know more than me.. please!! lets get real it's just not possible!
    whoa! hold up there! all we can do as customer care reps is tell you the upgrade pricing... there's really no other pricing we'd be able to give you. and if you really did know more than us, then you'd know that (and wouldn't be calling us anyway)
    ~candy~
    i hope its obvious that my views do not express the views of t-mobile. anything i say should be viewed as my own opinion & no reflection on the company i work for.

"It's like a new pair of underwear. At first, it's constrictive. But after awhile it becomes a part of you." -Garth Algar

Feedback Score
    Are you kidding me dude? 2 years and you still haven't seen the phone pricing of other companies compared to ours? Try walking into a Nextel/Sprint store. Not only would you never work for them, but their pricing would probably make you write a letter to the president himself.
    Anything I post here are my own opinions and views.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by candyKS
    whoa! hold up there! all we can do as customer care reps is tell you the upgrade pricing... there's really no other pricing we'd be able to give you. and if you really did know more than us, then you'd know that (and wouldn't be calling us anyway)
    Hehe.. I was refering to a few instances where a customer care rep from the saves dept. offers a customer a price on a phone and while speaking to the customer on his/her phone tells the customer to put me on the phone and they proceed to tell me I should be able to PO with out my managers approval beacuse she said so.. haha what a joke... But really now Im not trying to start arguments but I do get some really slow and sorry to say but unbright CCR's and honestly I can see sometimes why customers hate calling in. I know we are rated #1 in customer service.. but that doesnt meen theres o room for improvment!!

Quote Originally Posted by rrodrig30
    Are you kidding me dude? 2 years and you still haven't seen the phone pricing of other companies compared to ours? Try walking into a Nextel/Sprint store. Not only would you never work for them, but their pricing would probably make you write a letter to the president himself.
    Ha I worked for nextel and.. yeah they are expensive... but really lets be honest we offer no free camera phones and thats hard to compete with.. I mean granted we have 1yr contracts but.. whatever its not worth the argument..... bottom line I think we can offer a more competitive pricing on phones.

Feedback Score
    No free camera phones? Dude, in the past two years we've never done that? How about the Razr buy one get one free last month? How about the Nokia 6101 buy one get one free this month?
    I'm not trying to start any arguments either, but if you need something to be FREE in order to sell, then you're not a salesman.
    Here's what I do, and my advice to you. Sell as many accesories as you can with every activation. Always offer accesories to the customers who walk in just to make payments, especially to the customers that act like the bill payment kiosk has leprecy, bug the hell out of them with upgrades and accesories. For every $150 worth of accesories you sell, you should have more than enough room to mess around with your controllable. In my market, we always try to keep the controllable under $50. However, I hear that soon the controllable will be lowered to $25, so it's going to make it tougher but we'll manage.

Device(s)
    HTC DASH
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    we cant discount in our market... they look at handset loss only. they want the handset loss to be at ~50...

right now my controllable is 7 or 8 bucks. lol

Feedback Score

The awe-inspiring powers of Customer Care.

Hehe.. I was refering to a few instances where a customer care rep from the saves dept. offers a customer a price on a phone and while speaking to the customer on his/her phone tells the customer to put me on the phone and they proceed to tell me I should be able to PO with out my managers approval beacuse she said so.. haha what a joke... But really now Im not trying to start arguments but I do get some really slow and sorry to say but unbright CCR's and honestly I can see sometimes why customers hate calling in. I know we are rated #1 in customer service.. but that doesnt meen theres o room for improvment!!

Ha I worked for nextel and.. yeah they are expensive... but really lets be honest we offer no free camera phones and thats hard to compete with.. I mean granted we have 1yr contracts but.. whatever its not worth the argument..... bottom line I think we can offer a more competitive pricing on phones.

Do the CCR's really not understand that CIHU takes you directly into POS in Watson and that we RSR's and RSA's can NOT override the price CIHU gives us? It surprises me everytime I have to explain Watson to another CCR. It doesn't really bother me though. Customer Care simply has been given powers over pricing that retail stores aren't given. I think they half expect us to have the same control that they have.

Is it just me or are there any other RSA/RSR's out there who have to call CC twenty times a day to solve most customer problems?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown09er
    Do the CCR's really not understand that CIHU takes you directly into POS in Watson and that we RSR's and RSA's can NOT override the price CIHU gives us? It surprises me everytime I have to explain Watson to another CCR. It doesn't really bother me though. Customer Care simply has been given powers over pricing that retail stores aren't given. I think they half expect us to have the same control that they have.

Is it just me or are there any other RSA/RSR's out there who have to call CC twenty times a day to solve most customer problems?
    I can answer that and I don't even work in customer care. I'm a direct store rep. The answer is NO. They do not know because they don't have Watson. Just like direct store reps don't have Samson.

I mentioned this in the "Do Not Call My Department If..." thread. Customer care reps should not send a customer to the store to get an upgrade that was offered from through SAVES. More commonly, however, customer care reps sometimes place special instructions on a customer's account that will let direct store reps know that a customer is eligible for Max Discount. Then the customer comes to the store and there is nobody there with the authority to override the price - bad situation. Please call the store first to see if there is someone there that can do it, and have the customer come in the same day. If not, ship it to them express and waive the shipping fee... it's not the customer's fault that STREAMLINE doesn't always give the correct upgrade pricing due to things like mobile # changes or rate plan changes.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I can answer that and I don't even work in customer care. I'm a direct store rep. The answer is NO. They do not know because they don't have Watson. Just like direct store reps don't have Samson.

I mentioned this in the "Do Not Call My Department If..." thread. Customer care reps should not send a customer to the store to get an upgrade that was offered from through SAVES. More commonly, however, customer care reps sometimes place special instructions on a customer's account that will let direct store reps know that a customer is eligible for Max Discount. Then the customer comes to the store and there is nobody there with the authority to override the price - bad situation. Please call the store first to see if there is someone there that can do it, and have the customer come in the same day. If not, ship it to them express and waive the shipping fee... it's not the customer's fault that STREAMLINE doesn't always give the correct upgrade pricing due to things like mobile # changes or rate plan changes.
    Yeah I have to agre it sucks but hopefully if we get samson in stores things will work alot better.
    P.S. I had a customer care rep tell me I was an *** hole today beacuse I was pissed... again she was telling me I should be able to credit a customer money on his bill beacuse it's not her place to credit for a mistake.. WTF? (Customer called in to CC to get a price plan change... was notated in account and plan was never changed... this was to the 1500 min plan... ugh!!! )

Blah..blah...blah!!!
    Ehh.. yeah say what you like but I have spent the better part of this month selling my *** off and Im at the bottom of the store... are region only looks at handset loss so yeah it sucks... especially when upgrades count against your handset loss.. gayness.. yes we offer free camera phones I think you missing the point here. we offer no low end phones that are really comparable to what otheres have. I mean sure they compete but not for 40$ a pop. And come on our only free phone to offer is a pone that has been around for yrs. come on! Not just that but in all honesty Razrs are crap I wouldnt sell them if a customer asked me to i stray away from the phone that is returned the most I tend to push toward the 6101 and the v360. Now yes the 6101 promo is great but still not a happy alternative for those customers coming in on Smart Access with a 75$ who cant afford much more than that and deffinetly dont want a dated phone.... does that make a little but more sense? I try not to be a salesman per say I try to be a sales consultant... and selling phones to customers beacuse its a deal is crap... I want a reliable phone that is low tear with a camera that is free...!

Feedback Score
    I understand that you want to be a consultant. That's very good of you, but you have to remain aggresive if you wanna stay away from the bottom of the list. I'd probably have more activations if we had a free camera phone on it's own, but we don't and I have to adjust in order to make my quota.

NOw, why would you give a t-class a phone for free? Unless they add the unlimited messaging features, you get next paid next to nothing. On top of that you also want to give them a free phone? You may as well hand them your wallet because t-classes are the ones most likely to deact and you're going to get hit with a chargeback.

If a t-class walks, I'm ok with that because I know that most likely it would have turned into a deact a few months later. Now, on the other hand, if a t-class drops a lot of money, the chances of them deacting are lower because they made a pretty big investment and don't want it to go to waste.

Besides, t-classes can't get any deals at most (or all) indirect stores. They pay full retail price at an indirect, which is way more money than what they would pay at a direct store. Not to mention the fact that most of the time a t-class with us means $125 deposit at sprint and you know how expensive their phones are. t-class with us is almost always $250 deposit at cingular, $400 deposit at Verizon, etc.
    Last edited by rrodrig30; 03-20-2006 at 02:21 AM.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8900, Nokia N95
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeph83
    My pet peeve is when customers call SIM cards "SIMS" cards.... god i hate that...
    Or how about MEMORY CARDS !! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLL!! I had a customer call it a battery for some odd reason ..... I Was LIKE WTF I DIDNT JUST HEAR THAT !
    X-Employee:
    T-Mobile, USA - Technical Support Tier's 260/290/291/398

Sr. Retail Sales Representative

Disclaimer: My Opinions and statements are not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by T-Mobile USA or Deutsche Telekom AG.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rickdurham
    "Thank you for calling T-Mobile Business Care, my name is Rick and my rep ID is 43XXXX. How can I assist you today?

Name: Rick
    Dept: Business Care and formerly Activations.
    How Long U Been Workin: 1 year and a few months

Thing You Like Most Abt Wrk: The fact that I can do whatever I need to do to make a customer happy to stay with our company. Free razr's blackberry's credits, whatever and I handle escalations in my center too so I can dish out just about anything to make the customer happy. It's a big change going from individual accounts to company accounts.
    Thing You Hate Most Abt Wrk: People who call to complain about their phone or bill but don't have it with them....."Well sir, if you look at page 3" "I don't have my bill, it's at home but I know it's wrong"

Department you wish you could work in One Day: National Account Manager / NAM

Favorite Quote from Work: If you wan to cancel your service and pay an early termination fee of $200 to get a black razr that's your choice. Remeber though, we only have a 1 year contract where everyone else is at least two. If you agree to a 2 year contract with us, because you have been with us for a few years and are a valued loyal customer, I can give you a razr for free!

Spare Time: Spare Time? Who has spare time?

LOL !!! Dont you hate having to say that when we used to compare our contracts to everyone else and now we are doing the same... btw the damn one yr contract pricings along with the 2 yr SUCK!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I understand that you want to be a consultant. That's very good of you, but you have to remain aggresive if you wanna stay away from the bottom of the list. I'd probably have more activations if we had a free camera phone on it's own, but we don't and I have to adjust in order to make my quota.

NOw, why would you give a t-class a phone for free? Unless they add the unlimited messaging features, you get next paid next to nothing. On top of that you also want to give them a free phone? You may as well hand them your wallet because t-classes are the ones most likely to deact and you're going to get hit with a chargeback.

If a t-class walks, I'm ok with that because I know that most likely it would have turned into a deact a few months later. Now, on the other hand, if a t-class drops a lot of money, the chances of them deacting are lower because they made a pretty big investment and don't want it to go to waste.

Besides, t-classes can't get any deals at most (or all) indirect stores. They pay full retail price at an indirect, which is way more money than what they would pay at a direct store. Not to mention the fact that most of the time a t-class with us means $125 deposit at sprint and you know how expensive their phones are. t-class with us is almost always $250 deposit at cingular, $400 deposit at Verizon, etc.
    Thats so true, we even have it to the point where indirect wont even take t-class or so called " Take Control - The end of all overages" Which really sucks cuz the customer is limited to the rate plan ofcourse which is okay but they can not get any features and alot of our deacts is cuz of that. They cant ever get high bills cuz they cant go over their minutes and they cant add features and the txt and tzone is like prepaid service

Device(s)
    T-mobile 8900
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score

RE: Into

Name: Daniel
    Dept: Retail Sales (Direct Dealer Portland Market)
    How 8 Months

Thing You Like Most Abt Wrk: The people
    Thing You Hate Most Abt Wrk: Some Policies, and now 2 year contracts

Department you wish you could work in One Day: Internal Investigations
    Last edited by Burden1; 04-06-2006 at 12:08 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Burden1
    Name: Daniel
    Dept: Retail Sales (Direct Dealer Portland Market)
    How 8 Months

Thing You Like Most Abt Wrk: The people
    Thing You Hate Most Abt Wrk: Some Policies, and now 2 year contracts

Department you wish you could work in One Day: Internal Investigations

2 yr contracts are a drag because now customers have to pay more for a 1 year contract than they do with the other guys.

But anyway welcome to the forums Daniel!

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast