Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: **new ATT/Cingular + D500 = WAP Works! MMS Problems/Solutions **

Device(s)
    Samsung D500
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    when i was able to send and receive mms i had the older software and i upgraded it and now it doesnt work
    Thanks

ZSupra1221

Device(s)
    Samsung SGH-D500
    Feedback Score
    i managed to get the internet working with these settings, but for some reason, i can't retrieve mms messages. i did test out sending them with the 200kb limit and it worked, but retrieving a 29kb picture from a friend won't work. any ideas on why this is so? i used the settings from the first page.

the error message reads "HTTP service fail"

Device(s)
    Nokia N96
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    me too. got the Cingular internet setings to work....but receiving mms gets error messages.Argggghhhh!!

Device(s)
    Nokia 7710
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    this i what i found out my gprs worked for 2days then stop working but the csd is till working and not blocking the home page. this is all on d600. i am beating my head against the wall trying to figure out why the gprs isn't working just doesn't make sense, plugs in everything as set. my wife d500 works perfectly. but my d600 no gprs only csd.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    How do you know it is CSD and not just GPRS? Go back and double check the settings you put in as you may have changed or missed something.

By the way, why or where did you put in the CSD settings in the first place? I have a D600 and put in the GPRS/MMS settings from the first page and it works. Never even thought of putting in the CSD settings as why would I if I have a MEdia Works plan.
    If you feel that you have to correct some of my posts for my capitalization of some of my words, then just bear with it. It's just a discussion forum where some may be limited by time to answer in well-versed and eloquent sentences.

I already got a PHD (Plain High School Diploma) so ignore my style of writing and I'll ignore your ignorance.

Subject: You can read this-trust me!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

When asked if I see the glass half empty or half full, I responded I see just a glass of water.
    Now you know how I think.

Device(s)
    Nokia 7710
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    well if its call the 14152441012 and its says gsm on the screen i know its csd. for sure

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PuPpYpWr
    well if its call the 14152441012 and its says gsm on the screen i know its csd. for sure
    Go through the settings and make sure you only enable GPRS Only in the Bearer. When you drop down to GSM Settings go into it and make sure the Proxy IP is 0.0.0.0 and there is nothing in the Dial number box, then save it.

Double check everything and if you have to, re-enter it all again letter by letter, number by number and pay attention to the upper and lowercase letters as they are case sensitive.

Someone had hhtp instead of http for the URL and that is why it never worked. Another mentioned above they didn't have the 1 in the password so it never connected.

Device(s)
    Nokia 7710
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    followed your instruction now i have "error:connection to server lost" this is in huntington beach, ca

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Does the internet work with your SIM in your other phones or is it not working as well?

You didn't by chance use the GPRS Tool code (*#4777*8665#) to change anything as in enabling EGPRS Mode now did you? If you did, change it back to GPRS Mode as when I used it, I got the error messages with my T-Mobile SIM and settings. Once I changed it back, it connected without any problems.

Device(s)
    Nokia 7710
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    no i did not change the setting but anyways my medianet wa finally working after 8pm last night must be the service provider doing some maintenance or somethin i jusst don't know it was wierd

Feedback Score

I have the Samsung D600 and entered the settings on page 1 and both wap and mms..

are working but I still have a problem. When I send a pic no matter how big it is it comes through as 2KB. Why is it compressing the photo?? Even if I recieve one from someone elses phone it does that. Any ideas??

Feedback Score
    hey i just got a d600 andi cant get wap to work i have tryed all the settings and all i get is "Error: Network unavailable" and there is no G next to the signal strength. but my MPX220 works just fin where i am, any ideas?

Feedback Score

Need help with data connection on D600

Using the setting on this thread I've been able to get my new D600 working on WAP/MMS and the internal email against my company servers (IMAP and SMTP). Now the next phase -- which is to use my D600 as a modem via bluetooth with my palm T3. I could do this on my last phone phone (sony Z600) with ATT, but I've not been able to get a connection with the D600.

I can initiate a 'G' connection on the D600 from my palm (so it dials *99#), but it always times out trying to sign on.

BTW -- I have the "Data connect" service purchased from cingular, specifically to use my Palm T3 to connect to the internet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks to everyone who have already posted great solutions....

Feedback Score

RE: Need help with data connection on D600

Got the data connection on the d600 figured out.

Man is it fast compared to using the SE z600 on ATTs network.

Device(s)
    samsung e-730
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score

Unhappy settings

i put these settings into my phone for the wap and the mms profiles and it worked but the directions say to enter the user name as [email protected] is that suppose to go in the spotfor the login id because i don't have a spot labeled user name? because if it is it is too long. i can only put 20 characters in there. i am so confused.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast