Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: MUST READ: Rant (Hacking/RSS) + Veteran HoFo User Recognition + Possible NY/NYC Meet

Feedback Score

Exclamation MUST READ: Rant (Hacking/RSS) + Veteran HoFo User Recognition + Possible NY/NYC Meet

This is my first time posting here in a LONGGG *** time, for those of you who don’t know who the hell I am well then your a NEWBIE --> MUHAAHAHA [just playing]!!!

Anyway enough fun... now i just wanted to say some stuff that some people still don’t seem to get:

RANT:
    NEXTEL HACKING (SOFT MODING) IS OVER! When Nextel came out with there new marketing campaign, it wasn't only just a marketing campaign. It was directed at all of us too. They were telling us "The days of Nextel modding/hacking is DONE. |". As much as I would love to see improvements made, its not going to happen (please by all means prove me wrong). For those of you who believe they are 1337, your not. That generation has basically moved on to bigger and better things then waiting time with Nextels. Honestly the only way i see hacking continuing is if PlainWhiteTrash came back. Honestly though I doubt that will happen. The way depot was handled was absolutely horrendous . It had to be one of the worst times I have ever seen on HoFo. I will admit I was sort of involved and wanted it too when I didn't have it (can’t blame me though, human nature: want what you can’t have although I didn’t post like a raving lunatic). However after a while it just was ridiculous... people selling it, making money off a proprietary Nextel program that someone spent there time and money to make available to the general Nextel public to use, 50 new threads a day concerning the software, 100's of pm for the loaders and more information -- it was a giant mess and the moderators can vouch for that. If originally the depot release was handled differently then we might still have a shot at the software customization of our phones but everyone blew it. People, stop asking for RSS and/or Depot etc... Its 100 percent absolutely worthless now!

Now that I have let off some steam, I just want to shout out a few people that deserve some credit when it comes to Nextel. Next to there name is a brief blurb of the contributions they made (I’m sorry if I left ya out, ***** in another post).
    [list=1][*]PlainWhiteTrash - Responsible for almost everything... Originally started with information on codeplug hacking (unlocking, i95 le flash) + cracked depot, loaders etc...[*]TripWire [Onon] - Java applications and so much more, hilarious when he is wrecked and on his *** at HoFo meets, knows a ridiculous amount about computers, networking and programming = one of my idols![*]Jerw134 - Codeplug information, codeplug hacking info, i95 software downgrading, etc...[*]Inimical - Unreleased Moto java apps (i95 java app ring loader) + more which I cant remember... [Nabbed by Moto bastards last year if you don’t remember][*]AaronASB - IdenInsder, iJAL (Ringtone/Wallpaper Loading), iDEN-Tools and other crap...[*]Monk [Hyper Mods] - First Nextel LED Modification Service, Duel Status, Flip Mods, OEM Cases (partial contributor) , Aftermarket junk, Hack financer, City/Brooklyn hangout provider, etc... [this guy rocks] [*]Cleardragon - OEM labels, oem housings, some aftermarket junk, frosted i95 swiss, chrome panel dude, aftermarket supplier. This guy probably has more [rare] phones then anyone i know[*]enyoworkstations (cough... spam ...cough [jk]) - i95 MotoPics (partially), enyo.net forums[*]Matt - Used to be HoFo moderator, Partially/mostly responsible for Depot leak... haha, Owner of WiMatt forums[*]Lgreenberg - Super HoFo Moderator, used to use Nextel, but no more?, Donated his spare time to moderate the forums and keep people in line (including myself sometimes) [*]L Bo - HoFo moderator, really chill guy[*]YoDude - Love this guy: he is awesome - always enthusiastic about Nextels, does some of the craziest homemade mods I’ve ever seen done to a phone, recently became a HoFo mod & looks like hes doing an awesome job.[*]Feeets - Released and hosted almost all versions of RSS, IU, UU, CUU + other software for the select few...[*]Patrick - Longtime WebJal server host, IdenInsider administrator[*]JKeats - TransIDEN forum owner (abstain from giving opinion)[*]NexVision - Codeplug downgrades, pallets + other codeplug hacks on un-hackable software at the time[*]VINNYCUZ - Create your own personal WebJal server[*]Ecks - i730 status light, external wallpaper app, MotoSpeak/IDENstop owner and creator[*]DarhPooh - Owner of WOG (WorldOfGeekz.com *I think*)[*]Dredloxx (or something) - Creator of IdenCustom[/list=1]
    If anyone can think of any more, let me know... I kind of want to have a vote to see who we all think the "All Time Nextel All-Star is for 2003-2005" and how other people place. I will work on this project (if anyone creates a poll anywhere that steals my idea I will come to your house and kick your a[b[[/b]ss!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

2ND ORDER OF BUSINESS:
    I want to have another NY/NYC/Tri-State Area Meet sometime. I was thinking about possibly this summer because it is 4th quarter in school right now and i have a lot of work to do. I was thinking possibly doing it at a park or a field one afternoon or something where we could have just one huge party and people could bring some Webbers, charcoal etc and cook. Or we could find a restaurant again and hold it there. I'm going to think about it for a while and then come up with a few options and then either post them or consult with a few other people before i do so. I really want to have another one though so keep it in the back of your mind (although i probably don’t know half the new peepz on this forum, but it will still be ok cause all the die-hard Nextelers and Nextel veterans will show up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm done now... i have to write a 5 page paper tonight and I have 1 paragraph written and it’s already 3:00am. I only have three hours left or hardcore writing... Better get going because I procrastinate like a mofo!

Peace,

Noodle

Do you smell a sticky?
    Last edited by Noodle; 04-14-2005 at 02:23 AM.

Device(s)
    Sig Sauer P229
    Carrier(s)
    Speer
    Feedback Score
    ****, you should have put that effort into your paper!

good rant btw

Feedback Score
    just finished the paper and printed 7:56am --- a lil over deadline of 6:00am

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Noodles! How the heck ya been. I like the cook-out concept... Maybe a pre-Hurley’s thing in the Park on the day of a meet... I usually get a suite at a club on 45th that could be used as a staging area for showers/changing and whatnot. The thing is it’s an academic setting so we would have to call each other “Doctor” or “Professor” or something so as not to raise suspicion. (Like when they chartered the boat in “One flew over the coo-coo’s nest” )

BTW, I would add a couple of more “players” to your Hall of Fame…

XRAM- He’s been here since the beginning and was pro’lly responsible for keeping Trip on task and sober enough to finish the first loader.

Ruben86- Like feeeeeeeets, sometimes put his job and relationship w/Nextel on the line so that we could get accurate and reliable information.

Ekopapers- Like Aaron, Dred, and SpamYo, put together a Web repository for us to use. Unlike those guys; hers was/is free and still standing even through 2 pregnancies!

Mbellot- On the level of PWT. Responsible for more patch code then any of us would ever really know.

And finally: An honorable mention should go out to KBAM. He hasn’t played for as many seasons as the others but he has a strong bat and like you, stands as an example of how new members can contribute.

BTW, I’ll pro’lly leave this here for a day before moving it to the lounge since you included all the mods on your list.
    Last edited by YoDude; 04-14-2005 at 07:33 AM.

Device(s)
    Nextel i860
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    i say this should be a sticky

hey noodles... last time i saw you, u tossed ur domino's out lol

Device(s)
    Back to Square 1...VZ
    Carrier(s)
    7 Lines with Nextel, 2 with VZ
    Feedback Score
    +1! cheers to all the greats!

^^BLING BLING^^

Device(s)
    Motorola r750plus
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel & Boost
    Feedback Score
    Great Rant Noodle! It's well worth putting "pen to paper", pointing out how sometimes we are our own worst enemies.

I like the idea of the HoFo Gotham Cookout. Perhaps Fort Greene Park, not too far from Hyper, might be a central place to do it. Heck, I might even break out the old FleetCall monster radio if everyone promises to play nice in the sandbox and not make fun of me :-) .
    - Remember the Twin Towers: 02-26-1993, 09-11-2001

- Remember Atocha: 03-11-2004

SSE5000's really work!

Feedback Score
    Originally posted by YoDude
    Noodles! How the heck ya been. I like the cook-out concept... Maybe a pre-Hurley’s thing in the Park on the day of a meet... I usually get a suite at a club on 45th that could be used as a staging area for showers/changing and whatnot. The thing is it’s an academic setting so we would have to call each other “Doctor” or “Professor” or something so as not to raise suspicion. (Like when they chartered the boat in “One flew over the coo-coo’s nest” )

BTW, I would add a couple of more “players” to your Hall of Fame…

XRAM- He’s been here since the beginning and was pro’lly responsible for keeping Trip on task and sober enough to finish the first loader.

Ruben86- Like feeeeeeeets, sometimes put his job and relationship w/Nextel on the line so that we could get accurate and reliable information.

Ekopapers- Like Aaron, Dred, and SpamYo, put together a Web repository for us to use. Unlike those guys; hers was/is free and still standing even through 2 pregnancies!

Mbellot- On the level of PWT. Responsible for more patch code then any of us would ever really know.

And finally: An honorable mention should go out to KBAM. He hasn’t played for as many seasons as the others but he has a strong bat and like you, stands as an example of how new members can contribute.

BTW, I’ll pro’lly leave this here for a day before moving it to the lounge since you included all the mods on your list.
    Thanks for the additions "Doctor YoDude" ... if you would, please call me "Professor Noodle" i would apreacite it!

The "players" that you added i really dont know that well, probably why i left them out.

Doctor YoDude, you have to get a ******* IM client... i dont care if its MSN, ICQ, AIM, or all of em combined.. just get one already (msn prefered)!

------------------------------------------

Setox: I never puked... i held all of my mannny drinks down - couldn't walk that well afterward and kinda made a fool of myself but god **** was if f-ing fun!

StarMacMarkMoto: I think we would need to consult with Hyper about having a get togeather with them as the central location. Last time i talked to him he didn't seem so excited about it. Def could talk to him about it though!

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the additions "Doctor YoDude" ... if you would, please call me "Professor Noodle" i would apreacite it!
    Since you can't hold your liquor you'll pro'lly get bumped down to intern...

Doctor YoDude, you have to get a (edit) IM client... i dont care if its MSN, ICQ, AIM, or all of em combined.. just get one already (msn prefered)!
    Check my profile there Professor Einstien. It lists an IM...

BTW, keep the thread clean or it will go away. (< my power trip.)

Feedback Score
    Originally posted by YoDude
    Since you can't hold your liquor you'll pro'lly get bumped down to intern...

Check my profile there Professor Einstien. It lists an IM...

BTW, keep the thread clean or it will go away. (< my power trip.)
    True beansss.... Doctor YoDude

Isn't it your job to keep it clean if im not mistaken?

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Re: MUST READ: Rant (Hacking/RSS) + Veteran HoFo User Recognition + Possible NY/NYC Meet

Originally posted by Noodle

Matt - Used to be HoFo moderator, Partially/mostly responsible for Depot leak... haha
    you are kidding right?

Device(s)
    Current: Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    the RSS threads stopped because i930 rumors started...

Device(s)
    i730
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: MUST READ: Rant (Hacking/RSS) + Veteran HoFo User Recognition + Possible NY/

Originally posted by blazer22
    you are kidding right?
    Haha...whered he go anyway?

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: Re: MUST READ: Rant (Hacking/RSS) + Veteran HoFo User Recognition + Possible NY/

Originally posted by tommy0486
    Haha...whered he go anyway?
    who matt? he has been real busy with other crap lately, not really been present on the forum(s).

The state where you never find a dance floor empty...
    Device(s)
    Blackberry 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-mo
    Feedback Score
    Hes busy with school and his own forum.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast