Thread: TDMA clients when GSM launches

newflyer Guest

TDMA clients when GSM launches

What happens to rogers existing TDMA clients after Rogers ATT switches over to GSM technology?

metacoretex Guest

Re: TDMA clients when GSM launches

it is not switching/converting all of its IS-136 antennas to GSM .. so all of its current IS-136 [TDMA] clients, will continue to be clients ...

Rogers can't fully change over until people's contracts for the TDMA network are over .. and daily people are getting new contracts ...

so don't worry too much about TDMA disappearing ... not for @least 5 years ..

newflyer Guest

Imm thinking of purchasing the the Panasonic TX210 from Rogers as soon as i save up some money will I be able to purchase Tdma phones after the GSM service launches? and is there a GSM version of the TX210?

metacoretex Guest

the IS-136 [TDMA] network is NOT disappearing .. u will still be able to purchase the panasonic tx-210 after the rogers GSM launch [in Late September now] ...

thou, panasonic has a NEW IS-136 [TDMA] phone set for release soon [the atlasCE] .. check the frontpage of howard's site for info ..

panasonic is yet to release a gsm phone with the 1900 Mhz frequency .. so a tx-210 for gsm is very DOUBTful!

labjr Guest

I wonder if AT&T in the US is moving their GSM launch to late September also?

It was supposed to be this summer.