Thread: GPRS Domestic Roaming charges?

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Sidekick II
    Feedback Score

GPRS Domestic Roaming charges?

I can't seem to find anywhere posted whether T-Mobile has any charges for domestic GPRS roaming. Their website is like a steel trap... rusted shut

I have the Sidekick 2, the regular $20/mo data plan, and am now in Vermont on apparently the RCC/Unicel network (310-890). The last time I was up here I got GSM signal (quite rare for VT) and was able to use my nights&weekends minutes for free. However, I never got a data connection. Now, I'm back for spring break, and my phone shows a strong GPRS signal, but I'm a little nervous about paying through the nose for data roaming.

Any insight? Thanks...

Device(s)
    Moto Cliq
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Officially, I believe T-Mobile's policy is that they will charge for GPRS roaming. However, in reality, I don't think anyone has been charged for GPRS roaming.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

Re: GPRS Domestic Roaming charges?

Originally posted by kgutwin
    I can't seem to find anywhere posted whether T-Mobile has any charges for domestic GPRS roaming. Their website is like a steel trap... rusted shut

I have the Sidekick 2, the regular $20/mo data plan, and am now in Vermont on apparently the RCC/Unicel network (310-890). The last time I was up here I got GSM signal (quite rare for VT) and was able to use my nights&weekends minutes for free. However, I never got a data connection. Now, I'm back for spring break, and my phone shows a strong GPRS signal, but I'm a little nervous about paying through the nose for data roaming.

Any insight? Thanks...
    If your up in the Killington VT area, I know tmobile provides native coverage there, so you'll be safe. When I was roaming in Killington VT last Nov on Unicel there GPRS was on, but was not allowing me to roam on their data, but I hear their network is fully functional now. Back then I was roaming when Unicel was in it's testing stage for the network and open to roamers only so that is probably why I couldn't get on their data network.
    Hartford, CT Area