Thread: new plan, stick to old, & which phone?

Feedback Score

new plan, stick to old, & which phone?

Hi,

I'm with attws now, and got a decent promotional plan two years ago where I have 600 minutes and unlimited night/weekend for $39/m. My phone, siemens s56, though, is nearly dead (battery lasts half day) and the headset has become so quiet it's nearly inaudible now.

I mosied on into my neighborhood cingular store but wasn't very impressed what they had to offer in terms of plans. So... does it seem like a good idea to buy an unlocked phone and continue to use attws until some promotion comes up with cingular? Or better to just bite the bullet now? Or change carriers altogether?

If I buy a new phone... I'll be making decision between the SE z500 and the nokia 6230b. Opinions?

Thanks for your time!
    jed

Feedback Score
    i'd buy an unlocked phone, i.e 6230b and use it on AT&T. If your plan is no roaming, since the phone is an 850MHZ enjoy Cingulars coverage, but if you have roaming, switch to Cingular.

I HIT THE 1000 POSTMARK ON APRIL 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your opinion, muwagumo.

I just did the math.. looks like I can get the 6230b unlocked for $250-300 on ebay.

Thats $75-100 more than what I'd get the phone for if I change over to cingular. So if I go to their 600 minute plan, that's $49, $10 more than I'm currently paying. It'd take about year of usage to get to the same cost as the unlocked phone. *shrug* same thing I guess, assuming life of the phone is 1 year? My dad's t68i has lived a long life, but my old phones (siemens, nokia) all seemed to last about a year to year and half.

Oh, well, back to the drawing board, hehe.