Thread: using samsung e715 in a different country - frequencies

Feedback Score

using samsung e715 in a different country - frequencies

hi,

I just bought an unlocked e715 (t-mobile) and Im not being able to use in my country, Brazil. The phone keeps on "searching for network".

Here the frequencies used are 900/1800 and the phone, i think, is set to 900/1900.

Is there a way that i could change the phone "things" to have set to work here? Or theres no way for me to use it?

thanks.
    Last edited by aapkb; 03-02-2005 at 12:27 AM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    You would need to try to find the unbranded E710 firmware to flash onto the T-Mobile E715 phone to make it a 900/1800Mhz phone.
    If you feel that you have to correct some of my posts for my capitalization of some of my words, then just bear with it. It's just a discussion forum where some may be limited by time to answer in well-versed and eloquent sentences.

I already got a PHD (Plain High School Diploma) so ignore my style of writing and I'll ignore your ignorance.

Subject: You can read this-trust me!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

When asked if I see the glass half empty or half full, I responded I see just a glass of water.
    Now you know how I think.

Feedback Score
    so, I assume this is a matter of Flashing only? Not a Hardware kind of stuff...?

Device(s)
    d500
    Feedback Score
    I used to use my E715 unlocked T-mobile phone when I would go to Europe(900/1800 same as Brazil) and I didn't have any problems.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by surfboy
    I used to use my E715 unlocked T-mobile phone when I would go to Europe(900/1800 same as Brazil) and I didn't have any problems.
    That's because you were exclusively on the 900Mhz networks. The OP may be with a provider that uses both and the area(s) that they may be at may only be using the 1800Mhz.

It's like using a 1900Mhz only phone in a Cingular/AT&T area where the dominant frequency is the 850Mhz and the 1900Mhz may not be that strong, you'll end up with less than desirable coverage.

Feedback Score
    ok this means I only have to flash the firmware to a version that supports 900/1800 then?

thanks all

Device(s)
    apple iphone 16gb unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    t-mo
    Feedback Score
    i'm really not sure you can flash the e715 and get the freq you want. isn't the freq selection is still based on the chips (hardware) in the phone. unless the firmware controls the chip freq then it would be correct.

e715 is 900/1900
    e700 is 900/1800
    e710 is 900/1800

obviously, the 900 band is common for all models here. so unless you're in an area that requires 1800, e700 or e710 is the clear choice. let's see if somebody can verify this.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by sakaze
    i'm really not sure you can flash the e715 and get the freq you want. isn't the freq selection is still based on the chips (hardware) in the phone. unless the firmware controls the chip freq then it would be correct.

e715 is 900/1900
    e700 is 900/1800
    e710 is 900/1800

obviously, the 900 band is common for all models here. so unless you're in an area that requires 1800, e700 or e710 is the clear choice. let's see if somebody can verify this.
    It's already been established that the E710 and E715 has the same internal chipset which is tri-band capable. Only the firmware of each is what controls which bands are used and visible for the SIM to register with. It was a serious thread posting of a rumored tri-band E715 firmware that could use all three bands, but no one actually came out to prove it.

Some users have been able to confidently flash their T-Mobile E715 or VodaFone/Un-branded E710 phones with each others firmware whenever they travel between the US and the rest of the world to have use of the right bands.

Biggest problem is that there is no 850/900/1800/1900Mhz chipset that is being used in any of the Samsung phones. They are either 850/1900Mhz chipsets, 900/1800Mhz chipsets, 900/1900Mhz or 900/1800/1900Mhz. Even the firmware is hard to try to decompile to let "hackers" try to unlock the tri-band codes to make the firmware useful enough to make changes to them.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    good! just flashed it to the e710 firmware that i downloaded from http://home.tiscali.nl/bandits/.

working 100%