Thread: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Sound System Problem

Device(s)
    Helio "Drift"
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Sound System Problem

i have this 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the Infiniti Sound upgrade and just out of nowhere, the front two speakers in the doors stopped working...well they technically put out a sound, but its a very faint murmur of a sound.....any1 know what is wrong??....i mean i was just driving down the road and BOOM it stopped working,...i was like .....so any1 have any comments i would be extremely grateful...could it be the AMP??

Device(s)
    Iphone 5 64gb white
    Carrier(s)
    Bell HSPA+
    Feedback Score
    did u change the deck as well?? did u change the front speakers... details, details.

It could just be a loose wire connection. I had the same problem in the summer, but in my situation, my front speaker magnet was touching the metal frame of my driver side door.

Does your amp control your front speakers???

Recheck all your connections.

I've never really had any problems with any speakers, decks, and amps I've installed before. I've installed more of these than the average joe.

Device(s)
    i860
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Check the amp first, it is easier, i think it is under the rear seat. Unless they moved it to a different location from 98 to 99.

Device(s)
    Helio "Drift"
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    everything is still stock, we are driving the vehicle off of a friend's used car lot and about to buy it, and yes the amp is under the rear seat...

Device(s)
    Helio "Drift"
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    oh yea, and it wasnt the amp...any more suggestions???.....

Device(s)
    Nextel i95cl
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    I don't know. Maybe the speakers just went bad altogether. Probably need to be replaced.

Device(s)
    Helio "Drift"
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    i know this is hard b/c you all can't see it or work with it, but what are the chances of two speaker going bad at exactly the same time? i might just take it to my friend who has worked with car electronics b4 but lives close to me...lol, b/c you guys are great you just can't see the vechicle first hand

Feedback Score
    I am not sure if anyone is still watching this thread but VMSLyder if you problem with the Jeep was resolved please share, I have the same problem and it just started out of know where. I have looked over all things that I can without tearing into the vehicle and I cannot find any reason that this should be happening.