Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cingular Unlocks Treo 650s

Device(s)
    HTC Mogul aka HTC Titan aka PPC-6800
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Cingular Unlocks Treo 650s

Hope this helps some people... I called Cingular tech support (not customer service) and got my Treo 650 unlocked. The number I used: (866) 287-6131. This may vary by region, I'm not sure.

I explained that I have the Treo 650 and no contract (they didn't even really have to check anything except that I had a Cingular account) and I want to use my AT&T SIM (and I'm not ready to switch that account to Cingular yet) and that there are also areas that Cingular doesn't have roaming partners in certain areas of the world. (I even had a few areas ready to name if need be)

I was very polite, cheerful, and direct. The lady responded positively. I had the IMEI on hand instantly, which I gave to her. She looked it up and returned an unlock code, which works perfectly.

I was polite and thanked her solidly. Note that you should get an 8 digit number, and be sure to double or triple check that number "in case." Don't even bother to ask for directions on how to enter the code. Here's how

*#*#xxxxxxxx#

Just replace xxxxxxxx with the number you are give and enter that number in like you're dialing it. Hit dial. You get the SAME message as if you had just unlocked the SIM (like that hoax unlock code thing that was circulating), but the phone IS now really unlocked. (Before you ask, this code is different for each phone, and you only get 5 tries, so be careful!)

I've tested my AT&T SIM, which didn't work before, now it works! I am the proud owner of an unlocked quad-band class 10 EDGE phone.... perfect for traveling!

Device(s)
    v600
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Smile SIM Unlock for Treo 650 & Cingular

It actually works! I just called Cingular (opened an account less than 30 days ago and bought the Treo 650 from the Cingular store). Said I needed to be able to use pre-paid SIMs, followed the instructions and got the code...in addition I got them to give me the instructions which worked!

Instructions:
    1. Press the green phone key
    2. Enter *#*#
    3. Enter the SIM unlock code
    4. Enter #
    5. Press the "dial" button and a "SIM Block as heen removed from your phone message" appears!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    *bump*

(for the evening crowd)

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8830
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Thank You

Thanks a million. I assumed they would not help and also in the past I've had to go through Customer Service (the gatekeepers) before getting transferred to Tech Support.
    Tech Support was very helpful in this matter and a very pleasent surprise.

It is certainly better, at least in my case to buy from Cingular and then have Tech Support give you the code.

Device(s)
    Treo 650 GSM (Unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular Nation provided by:
    Feedback Score

Talking

:B U M P:

Device(s)
    Motorola MPX220
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Is there a different number for each phone or a standard number to unlock it? I have a Treo 650 for Cingular. I called the 800 tech support number and they said the phone has to be on the account for at least 90 days. I just got the phone about 2 1/2 weeks ago.
    YourWirelesssHQ.com - Free Phones+Free Shipping.
    RAZR Blowout Sale Event!

Device(s)
    Nokia N95-4
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I was told 90 days unless I paid full price for the phone.

Device(s)
    Motorola MPX220
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I was told the same thing. I don't see why they have this policy, I mean I signed up for a 2 year contract, and paid over 400 before rebates for the phone.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8830
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by ArunKumar
    Is there a different number for each phone or a standard number to unlock it? I have a Treo 650 for Cingular. I called the 800 tech support number and they said the phone has to be on the account for at least 90 days. I just got the phone about 2 1/2 weeks ago.
    Arun,
    Each phone has a unique IMEI number, which you can get from the Phone Info tab.
    I do not understand the reasoning behind this policy either

Device(s)
    Motorola MPX220
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    The only reason I got this phone was because the store I went to didn't have the MPx220. None of the other Cingular stores in town had it either. That is the phone I really wanted, and they kept on saying "It will be here in 2-5 days" everytime I called them.

Our contract with T-Mobile had expired, and I know I could have gone month to month until I had everything setup with the new carrier, but we had already filled out the forms to transfer the number over to Cingular.

After almost 2 1/2-3 weeks of waiting, I just said what the hell, I'll give it a try.

I think the Treo 650 is OK, but its a little too bulky for my taste.

Device(s)
    E398 on the 850Mhz band
    Carrier(s)
    Big Orange Splat!
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonS710a/R1A SEMC-Browser/4.0.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I wish we could do this with all of our equipment

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    AIO, Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by ArunKumar
    Call again, and use the number in the first post. It took me 3 tries before I got a nice rep to give me the unlock code.

Device(s)
    Motorola MPX220
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    The xxxxxxxx is where I would enter the number Cingular gives me. I called twice, I even made a up a story saying I would be going out of the country, and they still said you have to wait 90 days.

blueandwhiteg3 didn't post the numbers he received from Cingular.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    blueandwhiteg3 didn't post the numbers he received from Cingular.
    The code is SPECIFIC TO YOUR PHONE. Unless you can find a way to clone my IMEI, etc they are utterly useless. And even if you could clone my IMEI, you would have long ago been able to unlock your phone anyhow!

I could post the code, except stupid people would try it, and complain because it wouldn't work. Enough tries (like 3 or 5 or something) and your phone locks itself permanently... and Cingular will have a lot harder time trying to unlock it! Then those people will blame me...

See why I didn't?

Device(s)
    Motorola MPx220, Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Re: Cingular Unlocks Treo 650s

does anyone know if ATT tech support will unlock a ATT branded treo 650?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast