Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1000

Thread: [Tutorials] - - VX8000

Device(s)
    LG VX9100 enV2 x 2
    Carrier(s)
    VERIZON
    Feedback Score
    You can do this with Bitpim. I backed up my address from Bitpim, deleted a few numbers, restored back to the phone from Bitpim and sure enough everything was back just right (I have an LG VX5300).

I selected to send info FROM the phone - checked contacts and replace all - sent the info to the phone and accepted it in its default settings (all the little checkboxes it offers you). I then hit file / export / CSV contacts - selected where I wanted to save it to and what I wanted to name it. Once that is done you have a backup and can redo it to reflect any changes anytime you want - just overwrite the old file so you will only have one to choose from if you need to restore your address book. To restore - I hooked up to Bitpim and selected file / import / my file that I created earlier - left everything at default settings when it offered me options, then OK I believe it was. Anyway, it was simple and worked fine. I have not tried using it to backup to a phone of a different type, but I assume it would perform the same since that CSV (comma separated value?) format seems to be the commonly used one.

Device(s)
    LG VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

BitPim 0.9.11 is out

BitPim 0.9.11 has been released. Here's the version history.

Changes in 0.9.11

* New phone support: SCP-2400.
    * Bug fix: Calendar Import Preset does not adjust dates.
    * Help pages update.
    * VCard import now detects Apple's files that are in Unicode format but without byte order markers
    * Bug fix: LG VX-8600 Call History feature.
    * Additional support features for LG VX-9900.
    * Bug fix: Added the "Secret" field to the Phone Entry Editor Dialog.
    * Bug fix: Print preview crashed BitPim.
    * Bug fix: Revert-to-saved not working in GTK.
    * Bug fix: Switched to OS native buttons in dialogs.
    * Bug fix: LG VX Busy phonebook crashed BitPim.
    * New phone support: LG VX-5300
    * New feature: Help menu item that takes users directly to the Help page of the current phone model (if available). This feature is also available from a Help button from the Set Phone wizard.
    * Moved menu item Phone Info from main menu Edit to View.
    * Sanyo SCP-6600 (Katana): Writing the phonebook now supported.
    * Bug fix: Windows comscan crashed BitPim.
    * Bug fix: Improved LG VX-8500/8600 T9 User Database feature.
    * Design change: storing media data via Sqlite virtual tables.
    * New feature: Create New BitPim Data Storage wizard.
    * Bug fix: iCalendar import.

jsja, thanks for the VX8700 links. I'll check them out and we'll talk about the VX8700 via PMs, if desired. ycartf, yes, CSV stands for comma separated values.
    Procrastination is the thief of time.
    -- Edward Young

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a
    little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-- Benjamin Franklin

You shouldn't mix meditation with management.
    The mind gets too empty.

-- Scott Adams, "Dilbert"

Device(s)
    lg vx8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade DM
    I can't speak for BitPim (although I've read that it can be done), but, in case this might help, as mentioned in the new Worry Free Guarantee at http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/g.../worryFree.jsp, if you use the online My Account you can now use the Backup Assistant Get It Now application for free to backup your contacts and then restore them on any phone.
    thank you. will check it out

Device(s)
    lg vx8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ycartf
    You can do this with Bitpim. I backed up my address from Bitpim, deleted a few numbers, restored back to the phone from Bitpim and sure enough everything was back just right (I have an LG VX5300).

I selected to send info FROM the phone - checked contacts and replace all - sent the info to the phone and accepted it in its default settings (all the little checkboxes it offers you). I then hit file / export / CSV contacts - selected where I wanted to save it to and what I wanted to name it. Once that is done you have a backup and can redo it to reflect any changes anytime you want - just overwrite the old file so you will only have one to choose from if you need to restore your address book. To restore - I hooked up to Bitpim and selected file / import / my file that I created earlier - left everything at default settings when it offered me options, then OK I believe it was. Anyway, it was simple and worked fine. I have not tried using it to backup to a phone of a different type, but I assume it would perform the same since that CSV (comma separated value?) format seems to be the commonly used one.

wow thankx. hope it works 4 me

Device(s)
    lg vx8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beowulf7
    jsja, thanks for the VX8700 links. I'll check them out and we'll talk about the VX8700 via PMs, if desired.

lol ur welcome but the links r 4 the lg shine not vx8700. we can do the pm thing if u want

Device(s)
    LG VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsja
    lol ur welcome but the links r 4 the lg shine not vx8700. we can do the pm thing if u want
    Sounds good.

My VX8000 will officially turn 2 in less than a couple weeks. I ordered it on Valentine's Day 2005 and received it several days later. Yes, I love myself that much.

Feedback Score
    im having a problem getting mp3's onto my vx8000, i have mp3 and i have followed the instructions as they are typed, i bitpim supposed to turn them to .m4a format? and do i have to turn it into a mid file? how?

i know the tunes are on my phone because they take my memory up, but when i try to play tunes, it always says "no tunes!" anyone have this problem?

anyhelp would be good

Device(s)
    lg vx8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquariuzzz
    im having a problem getting mp3's onto my vx8000, i have mp3 and i have followed the instructions as they are typed, i bitpim supposed to turn them to .m4a format? and do i have to turn it into a mid file? how?

i know the tunes are on my phone because they take my memory up, but when i try to play tunes, it always says "no tunes!" anyone have this problem?

anyhelp would be good
    try turning ur phone off then restart it after u put an mp3 on it

Feedback Score
    ive done that several times, i still get the same results. i dont know what else to do.

Device(s)
    LG VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquariuzzz

anyhelp would be good
    No need to turn them into .m4a format. Leave them as .mp3. Did you delete the aod.dat file?

Thread closed due to max number of posts. Please continue the discussion in the below thread.

[Tutorials] - - VX8000 Part 2
    Last edited by Moderator HF 18; 04-17-2007 at 02:00 AM.

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67