Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Celluar South Getting the Nokia 6255i March 1st!

Device(s)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by FouAmour
    no update... on vacation. did u see the new cdma phones that nokia just announced yesterday?? Look on Phonescoop under the news section. Yahoo also has an article on them. These were designed specifically to help nokia regain market share in the US. Two of them are listed here. http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,,0...CDMA-1,00.html

Let you know more when the vacation is over.
    Back from vacation?

Device(s)
    RIM 9630
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by w0rdie
    Back from vacation?
    Yeah but you do not want to know. Looks like Nokia pushed it back again. Looks like April 22 as of today.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Yeah but you do not want to know. Looks like Nokia pushed it back again. Looks like April 22 as of today.
    Yea got that word from sales yesterday.... ughhhh.... what the hell is the problem? And have you personaly used one yet?

Device(s)
    RIM 9630
    Feedback Score
    Nope. Have not used it, but definately would like to use it. When the 710 Moto is coming out, I am getting one of those free, but I have to wait until then. I am also getting the 810 bluetooth earpiece. Gotta love MOTO sales contests

Device(s)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Nope. Have not used it, but definately would like to use it. When the 710 Moto is coming out, I am getting one of those free, but I have to wait until then. I am also getting the 810 bluetooth earpiece. Gotta love MOTO sales contests
    I've got the latest Moto Bluetooth Headset from my Cingular account-- and the 710 is ehh.. I don't dig it. Too big IMO-- but thanks for the updates man.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Slightly off-topic

It sounds like one (or more) of you guys works for Cellular South. If that's the case, please indulge a couple of questions.

Will Cellular South, like some other carriers, allow a customer to renew his or her contract early and qualify for a discounted phone, or must the customer wait the full 12 or 24 months?

Secondly, will CS activate a phone that was originally sold for use on another CDMA network, such as Alltel or Sprint?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Device(s)
    RIM 9630
    Feedback Score

Re: Slightly off-topic

Originally posted by wxguyinms

Will Cellular South, like some other carriers, allow a customer to renew his or her contract early and qualify for a discounted phone, or must the customer wait the full 12 or 24 months?

Secondly, will CS activate a phone that was originally sold for use on another CDMA network, such as Alltel or Sprint?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    You have to wait at least 12 months. Contracts run off reducing the phone below cost instead of plans like other carriers.

No, can not activate a phone from another network. Mainly b/c when we used to do so, some people did not make sure the prl was loaded correctly and make sure it worked on the network. A few ruined it for all. Another reason is we can not change the PRI*** in the phone at the stores. We do not have software to do so, since we do not utilize the pri. From my understanding it can cause the phone to hug other networks and roam most of the time.

***PRI - I am not 100% sure what this is, but it was explained in the past as something that goes with the prl to tell it which networks to prefer.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    FouAmour...some ******* at the Pensacola retail store told me today that the 6255 was pushed back AGAIN on Wednesday to Mid/Late Summer?

I've been hanging on as long as I can stand, April I can make do with but any longer and I'm going to have to go some place else... I can't justify spending a bunch of money and locking into a contract with any of the crap phones CS has to offer now.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Somebody give me some advice here.

I have the Audiovox CDM-8900 and can't stand it. It's not that it's a bad phone. It's just that I've always had Nokia phones and just can't get used to the menus and quirks of the Audiovox. I've given it about 3 months, and it's not growing on me.

I'm looking to get a Nokia phone -- preferably the 3587i, 6225 or 6585 -- on the cheap (as cheap as I can, at least) and am having no luck finding any used Cellular South phones anywhere.

Anyone have any idea where I might pick one up without paying full retail?

Device(s)
    RIM 9630
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by wxguyinms

I'm looking to get a Nokia phone -- preferably the 3587i, 6225 or 6585 -- on the cheap (as cheap as I can, at least) and am having no luck finding any used Cellular South phones anywhere.

Anyone have any idea where I might pick one up without paying full retail?
    Some stores got the 6585 in to sell as used but the price on them is about 139.99 used...... it may be what your looking for. Check your local store

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. I'll check with the local store here or in Jackson next time I'm there. $139 is more reasonable that anything else I've been quoted.

Device(s)
    HTC ONE
    Carrier(s)
    C Spire
    Feedback Score

Nokia 6255i update from Cellular South

There was an article in the Clarion Ledger newspaper this morning regarding the Nokia 6255I, Follow this link to read:
    http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pb...503270373/1005
    ***Some people are like slinkies...not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.***

Carrier(s)
    ATT, switching to VZW
    Feedback Score
    DRNewcomb wrote:

I like them but hate the way they want to nickle and dime the customer to death for every feature.

Hi, I considered going with Cellular South, but stayed with Cingular because of the nickel/dime factor. Also the nationwide long distance and national roaming isn't there that I need. If DH and I get the $49.99 on two phones, then get text messaging, add nationwide long distance, and the voice mail/etc. package, we'll be out $140/month, and that's with no travel minutes. It's too bad because I'd like to support a Mississippi-based company, esp. since WorldCom's demise!

I'm glad to see other Mississippians on the board (I'm from Jackson)!

Device(s)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    FouAmour

Any updates... I've heard its sometime BEFORE 4/22 but that date at the latest, can you report?

Device(s)
    RIM 9630
    Feedback Score
    check out www.cellularsouth.com now. I will tell you nothing in the intranet has changed about the phone coming out on the 22 of april, but if you go into inventory to receive shipments it does show that they are on order. Hinting maybe to an early release. Who knows? It is like the popular question.... How many licks does it take to get to the center (of a tootsie pop)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast