Page 5 of 110 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Mpx Users Whats You Rom Date?

Feedback Score
    I initially went with the January ROM but when I installed it, I noticed it still said "November ROM' (perhaps a mixup somewhere as previously mentioned). I used the SD method of installing described in the PDF. Even here I could not upload the bootloader.

I went ahead and gambled and went with the Feb ROM. Things went pretty smoothly. The OS and GSM portions uploaded fine however I still could not upload the Bootloader portion. I believe the error message was something like "cannot install < 1.0" which makes me believe the bootloader may have been an older version that may not be required.

Anyway, so far things are looking quite nice with the new Feb ROM. Changes I have so far noticed (could be Placebo affect) is that the phone is much quicker to pickup the signal off the air. Phone is a bit more responsive in that the cover LCD is much quicker to respond. New icons: There is now a new icon for WiFi so you always know when you are connected. Also, the phone appears to be able to establish a WiFi connection much quicker than before.

Overall, the phone just appears to be a bit more solid and responsive to the previous ROM build (mine was November).

Let me know if you have any more questions,

Device(s)
    MPx 300
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up One Sec delay

Hey u guys,
    Sorry for being late getting online today ..... as i mentioned yesterday the upgrade is really worth it till now ..... one of the very noticable things is the one sec delay we used to complain from in order to answer the phone ,,,,,,, guess wht IT IS GONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    BR

Device(s)
    Motorola MPx 850mhz/Ext. Battery
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score

Re: One Sec delay

Originally posted by lembeee
    Hey u guys,
    Sorry for being late getting online today ..... as i mentioned yesterday the upgrade is really worth it till now ..... one of the very noticable things is the one sec delay we used to complain from in order to answer the phone ,,,,,,, guess wht IT IS GONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    BR
    Did you all have to use the Flash Utility to install the new ROM?

Thanks..

Device(s)
    i-mate sp5
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone UK
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by bdoviack
    Let me know if you have any more questions,
    Thanks for the feedback, sounds promising! One more question. Does the screen have the "test system, not for resale" on bootup now that you are running the Feb ROM? Or is it the normal Hello Moto boot screen?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Great work everybody! Much appreciated. Now if we can keep this thing updated with the newest roms as they are released, that would be amazing.

One question for everyone. How many of you are using Sprite Backup? If you are, did you simply reload the backup after updating the rom, or did you start from scratch and reload all the files/input all of the settings data, etc.? I really want to try the Feb rom, but I have the device set up just the way I want it right now and dread spending a few more hours redoing everything.

Perhaps I should throw this question out to ALL PPC owners: is it okay to restore a Sprite backup created with older or different firmware? What are the dangers?

A few more questions:

- Can everyone confirm that the phone is now quicker to ring?

- Is there a change in available memory b/n the Nov and Feb roms (in other words, if the change to Media Player 10 takes up more of our scant memory, I'm not sure if I want it). Could someone post their memory information after doing the update?

Thanks all.

David

Device(s)
    MPx 300
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: One Sec delay

Originally posted by joey123
    Did you all have to use the Flash Utility to install the new ROM?

Thanks..
    I did use the Flash Utility upgrading the MPx with the three sections all at once ..... it went flawlessly.

Device(s)
    MPx 300
    Feedback Score
    As for the Jan 10 rom i had it removed from the host as it appeared to be the same as the nov one...... I think it was me who meesed this up while zipping the roms for easy access for u guys ....
    Sorry about that ......

OnImpulse,
    Although the The Feb one is much better, ppl still asks for the Jan Rom (the "not for sale" statment might be a big reason).... would u be kind enough to upload me the jan rom again .... that way i can zip it and upload it for the gang. Even better if u zip the rom b4 uploading it, saving me the hassle of downloading ....zipping then uploading it. ty

Device(s)
    MPx 300
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by davpel
    Great work everybody! Much appreciated. Now if we can keep this thing updated with the newest roms as they are released, that would be amazing.

One question for everyone. How many of you are using Sprite Backup? If you are, did you simply reload the backup after updating the rom, or did you start from scratch and reload all the files/input all of the settings data, etc.? I really want to try the Feb rom, but I have the device set up just the way I want it right now and dread spending a few more hours redoing everything.

Perhaps I should throw this question out to ALL PPC owners: is it okay to restore a Sprite backup created with older or different firmware? What are the dangers?

A few more questions:

- Can everyone confirm that the phone is now quicker to ring?

- Is there a change in available memory b/n the Nov and Feb roms (in other words, if the change to Media Player 10 takes up more of our scant memory, I'm not sure if I want it). Could someone post their memory information after doing the update?

Thanks all.

David
    - u cant restore a backup done from an earlier rom.
    - quicker (was me whom mentioned it anyways)
    - no significant memory loss ..... cant tell u exactly but after installing all SW again each in the same place am left with the same or even more RAM to work with.

Device(s)
    Motorola MPx 850mhz/Ext. Battery
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: Re: One Sec delay

I did use the Flash Utility upgrading the MPx with the three sections all at once ..... it went flawlessly.
    Is the Flash Utility in the new ROM Zip file?

Thanks...

Device(s)
    MPx 300
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: Re: Re: One Sec delay

Originally posted by joey123
    Is the Flash Utility in the new ROM Zip file?

Thanks...
    yes, it is included in the zip.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    - u cant restore a backup done from an earlier rom.
    Lembee: in b/n the time I asked the question and the time you posted your response, I did some further investigating and it appears that you can, in fact, do a cross-rom restore as long as you are using a current version of Sprite. Here's a link to the info from Sprite:

http://spritesoftware.crmdesk.com/an...wse.aspx%23p24

Haven't tried it myself yet, so I have no idea whether this will work for us, but I plan on giving it a shot soon (hopefully this evening) and will report back with the results.

David

Device(s)
    i-mate sp5
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone UK
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by davpel
    I really want to try the Feb rom, but I have the device set up just the way I want it right now and dread spending a few more hours redoing everything. David
    Hi I know what you mean about re-doing everything. When I first got this device I tried so many different configs and 3rd party apps trying to find the best config that I was performing a hard reset 'to start afresh' every couple of days for a week. I started documenting exactly the steps I go through to set it all up correctly, so that now I can go from hard reset to fully configured in about 20 mins. I keep the document as a note in Outlook and simply keep adding to and amending it so I always have a build procedure ready.

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Feedback Score

How can we update the ROM in sd

hi

pls,

How can we update the ROM in sd

thanks
    [email protected]

MyBlackBerry® Torch™ 9800 smartphone

PIN : 233CB156

add me anytime!

Device(s)
    Motorola Mpx
    Carrier(s)
    Maxis
    Feedback Score

ROM updated!

thanx lembeee
    Sorry for the .RAR question. I figured it out.

It works!!! So is it only a "TEST VERSION"? that's not a good thing is it?

Another thing, Do I have to reinstall all my programs that were stored in my SD card? They're all gone from my Programs List. How can I get them back?

Thank yoU!

Device(s)
    i-mate sp5
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone UK
    Feedback Score
    Depending on the complexity of the installation routine, you might be able to get away with copying shortcuts from the exe to your program files/start menu folder, otherwise just re-install them.

Page 5 of 110 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 105 ... LastLast