Page 2 of 110 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Mpx Users Whats You Rom Date?

Device(s)
    p900
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    well i hope so motorola will make ram update available on thier website , like imate pda2k

i dont have old ram so i can compare it with my nwe ram but all i can say its very stable this my third day wifi answering calls no reset so far.

Device(s)
    Motorola MPX
    Feedback Score
    Any idea how we can perform a back-up of our current ROM? Something which we can restore back to the original ROm in case our own ROM updating is unsuccessful, like WIndows XP's System Restore.
    Alan

Device(s)
    Motorola MPx 850mhz/Ext. Battery
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I am not sure, but my guess would be that the Flash Tool software Bengalboy showed would possibly have a backup/restore option in the software, but I have never heard of any third party apps that were capable of backing up your ROM... BUT, I don't know as much as a lot of people on this forum.

Thats great news about the Jan. ROM already being installed in some of the units.. I wonder what improvements were made..

Device(s)
    Motorola MPX
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by joey123
    I am not sure, but my guess would be that the Flash Tool software Bengalboy showed would possibly have a backup/restore option in the software, but I have never heard of any third party apps that were capable of backing up your ROM... BUT, I don't know as much as a lot of people on this forum.

Thats great news about the Jan. ROM already being installed in some of the units.. I wonder what improvements were made..
    Hope so we will be able to update it very soon...

Device(s)
    Treo 600 GSM
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Any updates on installing new roms? I heard about a feb 4 rom

Device(s)
    Motorola MPX
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Blak
    Any updates on installing new roms? I heard about a feb 4 rom
    How I wish. But apparently, there are still alot of things which MPx users doesnt know, and I am hoping somebody will find out and provide us with a complete list of tweaking...to enhance it...

Device(s)
    MPx
    Carrier(s)
    T-mo
    Feedback Score
    Hello,

My asian production model came with the Nov 28th ROM. Does anybody have any further info on this Feb 4 ROM? Do we have any specifics on what has changed?

TIA,

AC

Device(s)
    Motorola MPX
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by AC_Moible
    Hello,

My asian production model came with the Nov 28th ROM. Does anybody have any further info on this Feb 4 ROM? Do we have any specifics on what has changed?

TIA,

AC
    Same here, hope we will have more news about the new ROM.

Device(s)
    Treo 600 GSM
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Tweeks can be found at MPxGeek.com. LOL I guess theres nothing else to really post about the MPx. My device should be waiting at home for me today. I've googled and googled still no answer to the rom updates.

Device(s)
    nexus one
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    My per-prod mpx with Feb 4 rom still states its a test version during bootup on the blue hellomoto screen. I really dont know what changed from the asian production rom because my last rom was from Oct.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have seen 3 retail versions in the past few weeks, and none of them have this 1.0+ firmware which means that it must be a postpro add -on and hopefullly it will become available.

Device(s)
    nexus one
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Is the number displayed on the first bootup splash screen the firmware version number, is so mine reads 1.04.0409

Device(s)
    MPx
    Carrier(s)
    T-mo
    Feedback Score
    MIne reads 1.0208.0409 (nov 28)
    Last edited by AC_Moible; 02-18-2005 at 09:41 AM.

Device(s)
    i-mate sp5
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone UK
    Feedback Score
    Mine reads 1.0208.0409 (28Nov)

Device(s)
    Cingular 8125
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

My ROM date is also Jan 10

My ROM date is also January 10. The guy that sold it to me also gave me the Feb 8th, or is it 4th ROM. My MPX seems to funtion great (a little slow), so I haven't updated the ROM. The guy that sold it to me told me that if I updated my ROM date up to the FEB 8th ROM it would state, "test version" unlike my current ROM.

Has anybody used the FEB 8th ROM...what are the differences between that and the Jan 10. I don't want to try the newest just in case there is any problems. So far I am VERY pleased with the Jan 10 ROM so I'll just wait a little.

By the way on the DISC it has ROMs going back to October 26 2004 ROMS. I think there is a total of 5 ROMs on my disc. How does one go about upgrading? Do I have to install the Motorola Phone tools?

-George-

Page 2 of 110 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 102 ... LastLast