Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The Definitive "How to recover your dead phone" thread

Device(s)
    Blackberry Pearl
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Something I'd like to add that would help n00bs like me.

If your phone turns on and off every minute or so, try press the 3 magic buttons while the keyboard is lit up (you have a second or two). Make sure it is connected via usb to your computer.

If your phone is cycling on and off, don't assume that it is messed up. Charging the battery before you get all upset.

Those are two simple things but they might help.

Device(s)
    Samsung A530
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by retrodrive
    If your phone turns on and off every minute or so, try press the 3 magic buttons while the keyboard is lit up (you have a second or two). Make sure it is connected via usb to your computer.
    Or just remove the battery and then push the 3 buttons, either way. Pretty much the best thing to do is to just keep playing with it.

"The land of the free, because of the brave"

MY Geek Toy She does a little better then 10mpg...about 17!

Device(s)
    z520
    Carrier(s)
    n/a
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    hey bd if you get a free moment pm me might have some useful info for you thanks again for all the great posts

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone Xs Max, Apple iPhone X, Apple iPhone 7 Plus, Galaxy S7 edge, Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The "*" + "#" + "pwr" does not seem to work for the V60g. I see a see "M" logo. However, when I plug it into the computer it is recognized as USB Modem.

Device(s)
    Samsung A530
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by cgoffena
    hey bd if you get a free moment pm me might have some useful info for you thanks again for all the great posts
    I have disabled PM's on here for a reason (too many noob's PMing me not only daily, but often times hourly), so you can hit me up on IRC.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I'm trying to determine whether or not (or if it is even possible) to take my seemingly dead v635 into a store to get it smart clipped, but my main problem is that it seems beyond recovery as far as the bootloader goes. When I plug in my fone it is listed as an "S Blank Neptune" If I try to flash then I receive the error

Line: 3780
    ERROR: Phone[0000]: ERROR: The superfile selected is for reflash. You must use a rom superfile with blank Subscriber Units.

So am I right in assuming that the bootloader has been erased as well as it having a bad flash? Should I keep playing with it or take it to a store?

I've done a fair amount of searching and as far as I can see I need a superfile but I cannot find these. Is this due to my mediocre searching skills or does the file likely not exist for the v635?

I appreciate any help.

thanks,
    adam

Device(s)
    Motorola V600 (ATT unlock)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Exclamation V3 keypad?

hello,
    I just got a v3 off ebay yesterday, and it was working fine, until it fell out of my shirt pocket droped about 3 feet and hit a concrete floor, the battery cover came off but did'nt seem to hurt the phone. 30 min. later I noticed that it was constantly powering on and off, and after removing the battery the keypad just flashed.... now I can get it to turn on but the power button wont respond after it powers up. Some body help me please....!

Device(s)
    Motorola E310
    Carrier(s)
    N-telos
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

what is needed is an expert...

a expert needs to stand up and offer for a charge to flash/fix the phones for noobes...

just a idea for a starving IT tech...

chuck

Device(s)
    Touch Diamond2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Dead V635!

Help! I was guided to this forum from another user after I posted my dilemma.
    In a nutshell, my V635 won't boot up. Suddenly yesterday, it got low on power and turned off. I can't seem to wake it up!!! I have 2 fully charged batteries and neither of them will work. I've read and tried everything.
    I've tried the USB cable and # + * and power but nothing. I"ve tried popping out and in my Trans card. Nothing. All I need is this girl's number off my phone and I'll be happy!!!! But I can't.

Any thoughts?

I should point out that a month ago it got a bit wet from the ocean and I dried everything out. It was working with some minor glitches but I've never seen it this dead!! When I plug it into the AC, i doesn't even BEEP!!!!

Thank you very much for any ideas!!!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Dead A630

I NEED help with getting this phone into bootloader mode. I have tried the (*) (#) power thing and that don't work ....is there another way???? PLEASE HELP!!!!! THANKS in advance!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy5
    Try reading the thread. There's nothing you can do that hasn't been discussed in here.
    my problem is that my v 525 is death,my bootloader say "battey ok ,ok to program usb transfer mode" but windows xp say that he found "s flash neptune lte"but in the device manager it's a yellow ! nest to it,my pst doesen't find any phone p2k alsou.how can i make my pst to connect .Send me private mesages plaease.

Device(s)
    Samsung A530
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    First off, I don't send have private messages enabled. Why? Because people would keep PMing me to help them fix their ringtone problem. And frankly I don't care about if someone's phone plays some half-*** rap song.

If it's yellow, that means you haven't installed the driver for it. So go do that.

Device(s)
    Palm Treo Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwack

I should point out that a month ago it got a bit wet from the ocean and I dried everything out. It was working with some minor glitches but I've never seen it this dead!! When I plug it into the AC, i doesn't even BEEP!!!!
    :
    it's very likely that the salt water (even after you dried it, the salt still remained) slowly corroded the parts inside your phone to the point where they are useless. Unless you backed the phonebook up onto the sim card, you're SOL.
    Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

V635 Is Dead

My V635 is dead after i followed the motorola flashing & flexing guide for the V600 thinking it would work for a v635. but of course it didn't. I can't even access the bootloader and i dont really wanna risk screwing up my connecting cable. Is there any other way to fix my phone.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    i was wondering if you can take flash from one e815 and load it onto a broken one? thanks
    -sean

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast