Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: The Definitive "How to recover your dead phone" thread

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    At&t and T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hey all,
    Well I killed my V300 with a bad seem edit. So now that I'm trying to install a monster file on it, "MultiFlashFlex" comes up with the error: cannot load flash tool. So when it get my V300 all ready to go the error of :application not initialized (flash tool/super file).
    My question what am I missing? How can i get this to work so that my lovely moto doesn't lay useless? Thankx all for any help!

Device(s)
    V525 @ V600 dead :(
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Vice King
    do what i did...

go to tmobile, say you charged it last night, went to go turn it on and now it doesn't turn on. do it at the store, the guy will try a different battery, when that doesn't work he'll replace the phone for you.
    Please don't you have another solution? I have the same problem but the phone is older then 1 year so no warranty...

Device(s)
    V300
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Question Re: Re: V600 Dead

Originally posted by vjero
    v525 to v600
    Here is how I managed to wake it up:
    first I pressed power by holding * and #, I released power and then in device manager i get flash interface driver working. Then I used pst to load TRIPLETS_G_0B.09.58R_LP0039_JPJAVA_G_0B_TRIPLET_08 _01R_SE7400AXXXX1C9_1FF.shx
    Try this... and wish you luck.
    Its there a way to get rid of that triplet, dawm thing does not let U upgrade to 9.72!!! I try putting a monster flash from cingular but no luck
    The one and only

Device(s)
    Samsung A530
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score
    If your trying to upgrade from 58R to 72R, you can NOT.

"The land of the free, because of the brave"

MY Geek Toy She does a little better then 10mpg...about 17!

Device(s)
    V300
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    So there is no way I can get rid of that?

Device(s)
    Samsung A530
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score
    isn't that what I JUST said?

Device(s)
    V300
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    yes dude, so dont get mad, last one I was just joking

Device(s)
    Samsung Blackjack
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by RSPatterson
    Hopefully this note will help someone tossing what "appears" to be a dead phone, e.g., one that does not "appear" to power up and/o does not light up the keypad when the "power" + "*" + "#" boot combination is used . . .

When you use this boot combination (at least on my V525 previously flashed to 55R) THE PHONE MAY VISUALLY APPEAR TO STILL BE DEAD (NO SOUND AND NO LIGHTED SCREEN OR NO KEYPAD FLASHING) EVEN WHEN THE BOOT IS ACTUALLY SUCCEEDED.

You will only be able to detect that the phone has booted by connecting the data cable to your PC and Vxxx, and then running a program such as "MultiFlashFlex" or "MSS" -- these programs should indicate that they have connected to the Neptune flash bootloader for various Vxxx models.

Also, if you have previously installed the 55R flash, you will apparently have to reinstall the same version and no other release (most likely someone tried to flash over an installed 55R flash with another release and that is what killed the phone in the first place). You most likely (as I did) have to use the MSS application to perform a full flash and flex after the application erases the existing bad flash.
    This is exactly what I have run into with my V635, it appears to start up the boot loader but nothing on the screen, etc.

The problem is the phone seems to die and reboot after a few seconds because PST can never successfully force another flash to it.

Looks like I've just created a $400 paper weight.

Device(s)
    Samsung Blackjack
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    OK, got my phone working again, I'll leave a note for other V635 owners who kill their phone and might look to this sticky for guidance.

After flashing the V635 it seems that some combination of putting it on the AC adapter and removing/re-inserting the T-flash wakes the phone up.

I put my phone on AC, re-inserted the T-flash and used the "*" "#" and pressing/releasing power button to load the boot loader and voila the phone came back up.

Device(s)
    Razr V3 - Black
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

V3 dead?

Hi,

My V3 battery just died and I'm on the road so I didn't get my AC charger with me, when I plugged in the usb cable to the phone the keypad just blinks every few seconds but the power doesn't come on.

Removing the battery for a few minutes made no difference, as soon as I insert the battery in again, the phone starts power-cycling again. Holding down "*" and "#" doesn't bring the bootloader up or keep the power switched on (the keypad just keeps blinking every few seconds with the time between power-cycles increasing)

I didn't flash/flex or do anything other than uploading ringtones to the phone, so this is EXTREMELY weird.

Any ideas? Could it just be because the battery is out of juice or is the flash corrupt and should I just return the phone and get a replacement?
    Last edited by ferric; 05-02-2005 at 03:12 AM.

Feedback Score
    my V80 freezes all the time, and I can rarely get it to turn on. Most of the time the keys will just light up, stay lit for about 20seconds then turn off.

I've been thinking of flashing it to a newer version, is this right?
    Can i just use a flash, or do i have to flash and flex it?

Feedback Score

Backing up is an option?

Hello there.
    I have bought a V180 today. It's unlocked, came from Spain.
    Reading this thread it came to my mind something: how can I make a backup of my flash?

I mean, if this (a dead phone) happens so often, why not make a backup of the firmware of the phone?

Is there a software that can READ the flash?

Thanks,
    Freddy

Device(s)
    Motorola [email protected]
    Carrier(s)
    Orange UK
    Feedback Score
    sorry guys, but im another n00b whos buggered their phone.. can someone help.

I got a V500.. flexed it to a V600.. everything was great. But then I got greedy, - I saw this: http://xlr8.us/hofo/map.txt - it mentioned a VideoCamera. So I edited my mma_dcp file to change what I had on my smartkey from 'ACalculator' to 'AVideoCamera'. - And of course, this didn't work.
    When booting up, the keys will light up and it will display the bootscreen, (but not animated like before) it will also vibrate (I had it set to vibrate before the problem), but and thats it. It just sits there with the bootup image.

I struggled to get it into bootloader mode, * and # then power didnt seem to work, however it did once, dunno how though. So I tried to reflash it with TRIPLETS_G_0B.09.4FR_reflash.shx because that was the only flash I had laying around. but that didnt seem to help. I then read that I need a monsterpack, so I went and downloaded TRIPLETS_G_0B.09.1DR_A1_LP0039_JPG_0B_TRIPLET_04_0 5R_SE6403AXXB30F3_1FF.shx but now I cannot get MultiFlashFlex to detect the phone at all.

How do i know if the phone is actually in bootloader mode? when pressing * and # then power, I get no lights, nothing on screen etc.
    Sometimes windows tells me a usb device has melfunctioned, but then that error message disappears.

please, is there anyway I can save my phone?

Device(s)
    V600
    Carrier(s)
    TIM
    Feedback Score

I Need Help Help Urgent Pleaz

i Have an dead v300 now

I tried to delete some images to get more free space and i deleted system icons. Trying to fix the problem i flashed with an v600 flash, but now my v300 is totally crazy.

How can i repair my v300?
    Anybody Pleas HELP ME

Device(s)
    Samsung A530
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score
    Try reading the thread. There's nothing you can do that hasn't been discussed in here.

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast