Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: MP3's ! They are RINGTONES / A Quick howto using Audacity

Device(s)
    LGVX8500 Chocolate
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    lentm:
    Did you set the project rate to 16000hz ?
    If set above this , you will get a larger file size. For 16sec. this soumds like it set at 22050hz.
    You can PM me with a 30 sec clip and I can reduce it. Also you can send me your saved ringer and I can look at it.

3dmac

Device(s)
    VX3200
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    To all members of this thread-
    For 3dmac's sake if anyone is having problems getting the file size right in their ringers and can't figure it out they can send me their ringtone file and I can see what they are doing wrong and help you out.
    [email protected]

*Note only do this as a last resort if you absoulutely cannot figure out how to do it*

Device(s)
    LGVX8500 Chocolate
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks J_R_S

I've helped several people with their tones. My largest 30sec ringer is only
    136k. I've done a 40sec for a guy @ 185k.
    I'm always around here to help !!

3dmac

Device(s)
    LG VX4400
    Carrier(s)
    VZ
    Feedback Score

Audacity Export MP3 Important Setting

I started playing around with Audacity today and had the same problem others have had with large export file sizes. Try going into file, preferences, File Formats, and set the MP3 Export Setup bitrate to 32 instead of the default 128

Device(s)
    LGVX8500 Chocolate
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    As I stated in the instructions that the samples need to be set at 32bit @16000hz rate. This will give the smallest file at a good quality for the size and out put capabilites of the phones speaker. By the way, this is the same format of GIN ringers from Sony Moble Music that I based my howto on.

3dma

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by howie721
    I am with you up until transferring over to .mid

I cannot do that for some reason...please help
    1. Go to http://www.walmart.com/
    2. Hit the Music tab
    3. Now it's up to you. Choose whatever you want. The great thing here is that all of these MP3s are all under 30 seconds long and under 300kb by default.They must be under 300kbs
    4. Right click and "Save Link As" (I use firefox)
    5. That's all you have to do to get tones
    6. Open up Contol Panel
    7. Open up Folder Options
    8. Click the View tab
    9. Uncheck "Hide Extensions For Known File Types"
    10. Click File Types tab
    11. Scroll down until you find the MP3 extension
    12. Once you find it, click on the Advanced tab
    13. Uncheck "Always Show Extension"
    14. Click OK and then click Close
    15. Now, once you've saved your files, all you have to do is email them to yourself via you mobile account. If you are with Verizon then it's ([email protected]). The zeros are replaced by your phone # of course.
    16. Before you email the file MAKE SURE you Rename your file extension from .mp3 to .mid (50cent.mp3 to 50cent.mid) Even though LG claims the VX8000 cannot play mp3s as ringtones, this method works because all you're doing is renaming the file so the phone will able to read the midi tone.

Make sure before doing any of this, that you're able to recieve text messages. If you can't or don't know if you're able, just activate it through your carrier. And last but not least, this will cost you 25 cents to email to your cell phone. It's better than paying up to 10 dollars for 3 or 4 ring tones. Have fun!
    Edit/Delete Message

Feedback Score
    Ok so I'm totally new at this and have just been playing around, when I take a 30 second track and do everything listed I always get around a 100 to 150 KB file, my verizon phone will only allow me to save files of 30 KB or less (it's an LG6100). No ones really clear with the KB and Kb so I don't know if the files i'm making are around the right size or if everything is meaning 150Kb, not 150KB. I'm using some website to upload my songs, so i'm curious also if I use the verizon deal that i then could save files larger that 30KB

Device(s)
    LGVX8500 Chocolate
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    MasterSun, the file sizes are ok. Kb=kilobyte (1000bytes)
    Using a website is not the best, they limit file load size. Also I believe the 6100's ringer limit is 30kb which you would need to reduce the ringers to about 16 seconds.
    It would be best to load them wit bitpim and a data cable !

3dmac

Device(s)
    RAZR V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The 6100 can store mp3s larger than 30kb if you use the data cable
    DRU

Device(s)
    Samsung A950
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by a1drewski
    The 6100 can store mp3s larger than 30kb if you use the data cable

actually I have sent myslef mp3 files at least 150KB or more through email and it saves fine.

Feedback Score
    i have 8000 and it cant save music thats bigger than 30kb

Device(s)
    LG VX 5300
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Can't get it to work?

Well after 2 1/2 of work on this, i finally converted a m4p to a m4a to an mp3 and now into a nifty little 30 second ring thats about 230k. now it seems like the hard part is done ehh? well after all that work, my cell phone doesn't like it! My cell phone is an LGvx6100. Im e-mailing it to my phone as opposed to using a cable. I have e-mailed many other rings before and they have worked fine. The pix message gets there fine, and it saves fine as well. Then when i try to open it, it says "unable to open pix message" or a message to that extent. I created my file just like everyone has said to create it, and i only have one other ring on my phone, one thats about 130k. Does anyone know why my phone won't accept it? Thank you very much.

Feedback Score

Wav is at 48.000khz stero and 32bit float having problems!

1) First off how do you delete the right track after you split stero track?

2) If I convert that to 16,000 it changes the speed and length of the wav how to I fix it so I can convert it to 16,000 without changing the original wave.

3) For some reason after I set to MONO I still see the bottom or right track. No wave in it but its there. SO How do I remove it so when I open it in Audicity I don't see that second mix track.

Device(s)
    LGVX8500 Chocolate
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by emunity
    1) First off how do you delete the right track after you split stero track?

2) If I convert that to 16,000 it changes the speed and length of the wav how to I fix it so I can convert it to 16,000 without changing the original wave.

3) For some reason after I set to MONO I still see the bottom or right track. No wave in it but its there. SO How do I remove it so when I open it in Audicity I don't see that second mix track.
    Lets start at step 1:
    Import the song and edit to the sample you want by deleting(cutting out) the parts you don't want. ( 30 sec is good)
    Step 2:
    Set the project rate to 16000 HZ and go under "Progect" and select "QuickMix", this will blend the 2 channels together.
    Step 3:
    select "Split Tracks" under the tracks name block \/. This will open the right channel. Now I've found that on some songs, the right has more detail and should be used for the ringer.
    Step 4:
    Delete the channel not needed by clicking the "X" box. Then select "MONO" under the track name box. \/
    Step 5:
    The file is now ready to save and you are done !!
    Mistake is setting the progect rate (16000 hz) before importing. This will only expand the file which SLOWSSSS it down when played..

Have fun
    3dmac

Feedback Score
    Thanks that very helpfull. Not many people like yourself that are willing to help other people in this world. SOmeone like you will make it big!!

For some reason the Project Rate choice for 16,000 at the lower left is greyed out. I must have made some changes in the preferences menu. I iwll try and reset that to see if that helps if not can I go up frequency higher? Will it still play on the VX8000?

Also do I need to rename the MP3 to MID or will QUalcomm QPST take care of the extention and just leave it as *.mp3?

THanks again

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast