Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: MP3's ! They are RINGTONES / A Quick howto using Audacity

Device(s)
    LGVX8500 Chocolate
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    You are not doing anything wrong. Some songs with HEAVY Instrumentation on one channel when blended, the liter side gets washed out. Before deleting any channel, play it idipendently and see wich channel sounds best and choose it as the ringer. You mat also try mixing it a second time after trimming it a little.
    3dmac

Device(s)
    LG VX6100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Found a better solution =)

I now use Sony Sound Forge 8.0 to trim the music and mix the channels(they mix fine on SF for some reason). Then I open it with Audacity to re-encode at a lower bitrate.

So to anyone that likes these ringtones with this kind of "heavy instrumentation," I suggest obtaining Sony Sound Forge(in whatever way you find suitable).

Device(s)
    LG VX8700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have noticed that I am only able to upload one *.mid file and the mp3's that have been converted using audicity and renamed with a *.mid extension do not play.

Did LG update their phone? I recieved mine today and am using the cable from futuredial.

LG VX8700 QUICK TIPS
    dial: "##program8700", hit send, six zeros and enjoy changing the options.
    Wallpapers are 240x274.
    Sending images and MP3 ringers via email DOES WORK!

Device(s)
    Lg 535
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score

Lg 535

WEll I did all that .Mp3 to .Mid stuff and now it's on my Mini Sd card but I how do I use it as a ringtone???

Help me! Please someone help me! :P

Device(s)
    LGVX8500 Chocolate
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Fuman, what type of LG do you have now?

Cyncitay, I'm not familiar with an LG 535. Will need to look into what type interface it has.

3dmac

Device(s)
    Lg 535
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score

Lg 535

oh really!

That's cool, thanks for the repsonse!

Device(s)
    LG 7000
    Feedback Score
    I get up to every part except everytime I try to upload the file it says invalid media type for upload no matter what type of file it is

Device(s)
    LG VX8700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    3Dmac I have the LGvx4500 and according to the phone I have the following software version:

T45VZV02

With the browser version at:

It is odd because I can add only one ringer and one picture to the phone using bitpim.

I place the one ringer in user/dnld/sound and the one picture in brew/shared.

I did notice that after doing a dump of the two corresponding map files after and upload and a power cycle they do not update with the other images or music file names.

Device(s)
    LGVX8500 Chocolate
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Fumanchu128
    #1 you are almost doing things right !
    a: The ringers are located in the - user/sound/ringer , then you need to DELETE the -download/dloadindex/brewRingerindex.map file. Then reboot the phone and the tones will now be in your menu 6/2 (music)
    b: you are loading the pics in the correct place - brew/shared/. But DELETE
    the-download/dloadImageindex.map file. Then reboot the phone and the pics will now be in your menu 6/1 (Graphics)
    These deleted map files will be remade by the phone to contain all the files each folder.
    Bitpim since version 7.18 does all this for you on the LG VX4500 !!

You need to know that each ringer or pic you add you need to select(highlight) it in the list file section on the bottom of the window then send data/ new .

Do this for both the Wallpaper and Ringers tab windows.

T45VZV02 is last years version up till Nov.28th 2004 v04 update which I have loaded on my phone. This does not make any diff. as to what you can load to the phone.

3dmac

Device(s)
    LG VX8700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Proper use of bitpim would also help, thanks 3dmac you da man and it helped. But the great thing is that now that bitpim is on the right setting (it was on xv4400 because of my se47) I don't need to edit the filesystem manually, bitpim does it for me!

This phone is wonderful now.

Device(s)
    Nokia 3120
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Re: MP3's ! They are RINGTONES / A Quick howto using Audacity

Originally posted by 3dmac
    Using Audacity, heres a quick howto:

The sample rate needs to be set at 16000 @ 32bit mono. Audacity will let you change this from a stereo mp3 file. Import the mp3, set the project rate to 16000 ( from 44100 that is defalt) and choose "Quick Mix". This will blend both left and right channels together. Select the left channel and change it to mono. Delet the right channel. Edit the song to about 30sec. , this will keep the file size at between 76k to 108k when saved in mp3 format. Also pay attention to the level, when playing it. If it is to loud, reduce the out put level to -6db and resave it. Change the .mp3 to .mid and there you go. You are now ready to load your new ringtone to your phone.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Have Fun !!
    3dmac

Ok, I did it but your instructions were only partially correct.

Start by opening the MP3 in Audacity.
    Then Clip it down to 30 seconds or less.
    Then Quick Mix it.
    Then Split the audio channels.
    Then delete Right channel.
    Then change it to MONO. (BY IT I MEAN THE REMAINING LEFT CHANEL)
    Here's the part that makes no sense. Why are you telling people to change it from 44100 to 16000? Is that your idea of a sick joke? It took me like 30 minutes to do my first one because whenever I dropped down to 16000 it slowed down my tune to a satanic sounding soundtrack!!! Why is that even in your instructions? Everyone else, ignore that step. DO NOT CHANGE THE PROJECT RATE!!!
    Now you export your project as an MP3 (have to have Lame).
    I've sent MP3's to my 6100 as high as 334KB and I did not change it to MID. The phone converted it to a usable QCP (I think that's the extension) and I have it as my ring tone.
    The only thing you have to really play around with is the VOLUME before you make an MP3 out of it or it will sound horrible.

Please let me know if any of you are having problems with this process at all. I'm making ringtones out of just about everything now
    Last edited by Bitter Muppet; 05-04-2005 at 06:34 PM.

Device(s)
    RAZR V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    your changing the wrong rate. change the project rate at the bottom left of the screen to 16000.
    DRU

Device(s)
    RAZR V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    if you are using a data cable and bit pim 0.7.29, you dont have to change the file extension at all

Device(s)
    LGVX8500 Chocolate
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    BITTER !!
    If You can read and do as instructed! , You were told to IMPORT THE SONG THEN CHANGE THE PROGECT RATE TO 16000, THEN DO A QUICK MIX !!!

I Did not say to do it at the end, or after the mix. THIS WILL MAKE IT PLAY BACK AT A SLOWWW SPEED.
    Everyone else seems to get it !.

Also , the file sizes you are making I can get 3 30sec mp3's on the phone .

PLease read before you post

3dmac

Device(s)
    vx6100
    Feedback Score
    unfortunately...i got 262 kb for 16 seconds.....
    i think i did all right...
    i changed project rate..., quick mix, split, delete right, change into mono, make this 16 seconds, and saved...
    but i got 262 kb.....

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast