Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: [tutorials] - - VX6100

Device(s)
    RAZR V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Ring & Vibrate?

Great info on this board! Thanks everyone, you've made my transition significantly eaiser.

Is there a way to get it to ring AND vibrate? I know about high & vib, but I would like my ringer at about medium for politeness at work. I preffer to have vib on at all times. On my old Nokia vib was just an on/off setting. Is there such a setting on these LG phones? I haven't been able to find it on either a 4500 or a 6100.

Device(s)
    LG VX 8600
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    AFAIK there is no other setting than High Vol. and Vib. You can't set a lower vol. and have vib. at the same time. I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will quickly correct me.

Device(s)
    Moto Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up

using LG6100, vz wireless, prolific drivers from futuredial, futuredial USB cable, win98

i followed all of your instructions, and was able to remove verizon banner... yeah! add and remove tones, add and remove wallpaper and retrieve photos. thanks a MILLION!!!

as usual HoFo and it's users are AWESOME!!!!!

robbie
    theole34

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Re: Ring & Vibrate?

Originally posted by TTABBAL
    Great info on this board! Thanks everyone, you've made my transition significantly eaiser.

Is there a way to get it to ring AND vibrate? I know about high & vib, but I would like my ringer at about medium for politeness at work. I preffer to have vib on at all times. On my old Nokia vib was just an on/off setting. Is there such a setting on these LG phones? I haven't been able to find it on either a 4500 or a 6100.
    You can have the phone just vibrate by holding the star key down until manner mode is activated.

Device(s)
    RAZR V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: Ring & Vibrate?

Originally posted by mhe77
    You can have the phone just vibrate by holding the star key down until manner mode is activated.

I knew about maner mode, I wanted ring + vib. I guess it's not possible. Though I have found that the MP3 ringers I built are a little quieter than the midi ones, so it's worked out well enough.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: Re: Ring & Vibrate?

Originally posted by TTABBAL
    I knew about maner mode, I wanted ring + vib. I guess it's not possible.
    with the phone flipped open, press the up side key until it goes to vib and high.

Device(s)
    Moto Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i used mp3 joiner and made a ringtone that starts out low and gradually increases to a high ring...
    set my phone to vibe and high and voila! it works great.

works like the old nokia vibe and ring with increasing volume.

ree

Feedback Score
    hey guys, i have been trying to put an mp3 ringtone to the phone and sending it as a pix attachment by email to my phone [email protected] but everytime i get it, it's saying that the text is attached with a file with an unsupported format. please help. i do not know any other way of doing it. i don't have a data cable. what do you suggest? please reply in detail step by step options or ways that i can do it

Device(s)
    LG-VX6100 (me)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by rx381
    hey guys, i have been trying to put an mp3 ringtone to the phone and sending it as a pix attachment by email to my phone [email protected]
    On your PC rename the filename.mp3 to filename.mid. In windows explorer left click on the file and choose rename. Change the .mp3 extension to .mid Then email the .mid to [email protected].

Feedback Score
    that's what i did..

i downloaded audacity

i loaded up the song on audacity

changed the rate to 1600

changed it to mono

took out the right channel

chopped it to the 30 second part that i want

saved it as mp3

then under windows explorer i renamed that file.mp3 to file.mid

then i sent it as an attachment using hotmail to my phone using

[email protected].

upon getting the message, it says the message includes a file that is not supported.

Feedback Score
    I believe there is a way to set ring and vibrate (Not high volume ring and vibrate, but just regular ring). In QPST, in I believe the Service Programming module, there are a few checkboxes for "Ring" and Vibrate". That might have something to do with it, but I was never able to alter my programming... kept on giving me some errors.

Feedback Score
    i dont understand the ringtone thing...well the renaming part. if i right click and rename the file...arnt all i doing is changing its name? ex., the file name is subject...renaming it would make it subject.mid...but that just the name, wouldnt it still be an mp3 file that has .mid in its name making it subject.mid.mp3?

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by lemmegetatthat
    i dont understand the ringtone thing...well the renaming part. if i right click and rename the file...arnt all i doing is changing its name? ex., the file name is subject...renaming it would make it subject.mid...but that just the name, wouldnt it still be an mp3 file that has .mid in its name making it subject.mid.mp3?
    the resolution to your problem has been posted many times... you need to:

1. Go to Tools -> Folder Options -> View
    2. Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"
    3. Click OK
    4. You will then see the *.mp3 extension, which can then be changed to *.mid

Feedback Score

Startup/Shutdown sounds

Is there any way to change the startup and shutdown sounds withOUT a USB cable?

Device(s)
    LG VX6100
    Carrier(s)
    VZW-AC450
    Feedback Score
    Not that I've found -- You can turn them on/off with Menu>9>1>6.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast