Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: text message delay issue...

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by KManRox
    I'm in AZ, which doesn't observe daylight savings time (lazy people here), and I get the same sllloooowwww message delivery from the other carriers as T-Mobile and Cricket..

One thing I have noticed though, is I'll get a text at 2:30am my time, but the message is time stamped as 3:30am.. All my messages are marked an hour later, even ones sent from Nextel.Com or @messaging... Strangest thing. Phone shows the right time.

go figure..
    I'm also in AZ and I have the exact same problem. Whats weird is my 2nd account does not have that problem at all. When I explained it to one of the techs they had no idea how it happened and it wasn't too much of a problem for me to have pursued it further.

Antonio

Device(s)
    i730
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    i live in middle tennessee and my messages arew marked on eastern timezone, but i'm on central. the first time i called they said it was a network problem, but the tech people never called me about the network ticket. the second time i called they told me it was because tennessee was split with timezones, since east tn is on eastern and everybody else was on central.

nextel's reps are full of bull.

Device(s)
    i860
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

Blame game

It does not make sense that if a T-mo customers sends a text msg and cc a Nextel customer, everyone but the Nextel customers gets the msg. How can this be T-Mo's fault?, that does not make sense. The blame game is obfuscation on Nextel's part. Besides I have had this problem with Verizon as well as messages sent via e-mail...lemme guess, its everyone elses fault but Nextels? Gimme a break!

Device(s)
    I860
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

Re: Blame game

Originally posted by hustleman
    It does not make sense that if a T-mo customers sends a text msg and cc a Nextel customer, everyone but the Nextel customers gets the msg. How can this be T-Mo's fault?, that does not make sense. The blame game is obfuscation on Nextel's part. Besides I have had this problem with Verizon as well as messages sent via e-mail...lemme guess, its everyone elses fault but Nextels? Gimme a break!
    I agree... I am having delay issues with ATT, VZ, T-Mo, and ALLTEL.... It's really hard for me to believe that 4 other carriers (at the same time) are the ones that have the problem, not Nextel??!! The only text messages that get to me on time are Nextel to Nextel. All the others are at least a couple hours delayed.... I reply and the person calls me saying I sent you that THIS MORNING.... They really need to fix this, and soon....

Device(s)
    Sanyo VM4500
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score

Interesting!!

Originally posted by antonio010
    I've been trying to text msg using that format for other carriers. I find one person in particular won't receive msg's unless the "messaging" handle is also included. The syntax I need to use is <10digit phone#>@messaging.sprintpcs.com
    The problem is I can't get that to fit in the space allotted with the i860. It stops at .c , is there anyway to work around this at this time. Or perhaps a seperate menu to send texts as e-mail?

Thanks,
    Antonio
    I am on the Sprint PCS end of the equation. I used to not be able to get messages to go to NEXTEL unless I specified "+1.twoway.<phone#>@messaging.nextel.com". That was annoying. It now works with only phone# though. Another problem with that though was it cut into my 160 character limit for the test message. I thought by this day and age, SMS was supposed to have been standardized.
    2000 Peak Minute Shared Plan $100, Unlimited Nights & Weekends Starting at 7pm $5, Unlimited Vision (free), Unlimited Ready Link (free), Unlimited Text Messaging (free), Unlimited Picture/Video Messaging (free), Voice Command (free), Equipment replacement $4, PCS to PCS Calling (free), Add-A-Phone (free), Unlimited Vision/Text Messaging on 2nd line $5, Equipment replacement second line $4. Corporate discount, Total=$100.

Device(s)
    I change phones like I change my drawers.
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel.
    Feedback Score
    I think when Nextel switches to SMS format they will be able to be sent/received quicker.

Im having the same problem. A friend sent me a text at like 7pm, I didn't get it until 11:30pm. ××××in sucks. Shes on Verizon too.

Device(s)
    i860
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

Re: Interesting!!

Originally posted by HappyVM4500User
    ... I used to not be able to get messages to go to NEXTEL unless I specified "+1.twoway.<phone#>@messaging.nextel.com". That was annoying. It now works with only phone# though....
    Even that would make sense (If the message NEVER reached the recipient) then u could probably blame that on the sender. But for the message to be qued for hours, and then they all come in @ the same time? c'mon!

Device(s)
    i730
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    I haven't tried texting other providers, but when I text my friend who has verizon it is delayed. Her messages to me come right away, mine are delayed to her by maybe 5 to 10 minutes.

I have found if I text her @ <Username>@vtext.com , the messages get sent right away to her and delivery confirmation also works (didnt when I sent just to her phone number.)

I haven't done it in a long time, but I think if your a verizon subscriber you can go to vtext.com and create a username really quickly...

Device(s)
    BB 7520
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Kman, thats an easy fix though. Nextel has to do it in Customer Service toolkit, your two way box is just set on the wrong time zone. Are you in a partners or communications market?

Device(s)
    I730
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by EARMUFFS
    I think when Nextel switches to SMS format they will be able to be sent/received quicker.
    That would be nice if Nextel had any plans to switch to the SMS format...which they do not.

Even the "SMS" on the I860 is not SMS, it's a bastardized back door to their normal web messaging center.

Device(s)
    white apple iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    at&t -> sprint -> t-mobile -> nextel -> cingular -> at&t (that's a big *** circle...)
    Feedback Score
    i recieve verizon and att texts within 5 minutes...which is decent...

but when tmobile texts me, it takes up to 12 hours...which i don't understand because when my friends send my pictures to my 860 via pixtopix.com, i recieve it instantly...

but i guess it's because it's going through pixtopix and not directly from tmobile...

i send over 2000 texts per month, i can't wait until they fix this problem...maybe it got all screwed up because nextel was trying to incorporate mms to the 860...anybody think that could be a reason? because it seems that our text messaging got screwed up around that time frame...

Feedback Score

Re: text message delay issue...

Originally posted by Phishhead420
    I am having an issue with sending text messages to Nextel customers. .......Thanks
    I have both services and it seems to bounce as to which service, Nextel or T-mo is sucky that day... Those of you that have both will recognize that both use the same voicemail engine as well.
    I'm not sure if they are outsourcing so maybe someone with answers can jump in here and save us all from this messaging treachery.

I meant to add,
    It appears that messages sent via internet go though right away and that's to both carriers.
    Last edited by slidways; 10-24-2004 at 07:17 PM.

Device(s)
    Motorola V3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T / Cingular
    Feedback Score
    My text seems to be working now... I recieve mostly from VZW but they are coming in with very little delay.

The state where you never find a dance floor empty...
    Device(s)
    Blackberry 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-mo
    Feedback Score

Talking

T-mobile Text Delay Fixed |

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Originally posted by Infinyte8