Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    HAH!!!!!!! I am teh PIMP!!!!!
    turns out the lock code was 54321
    no extra trips for me! woooooo hoooooo!

now i just gotta learn how to put stuff on here with the usb and ill be set.

Device(s)
    Nokia N82 Titanium (Finland)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    good for u..hehe

i guess the old user is too lazy to remeber his code

Device(s)
    N-Gage QD
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile - Rocks,
    Feedback Score
    In your FAQ you state that the QD had "the easy removal of MMC." Wouldn't that be better as "a hot swapable MMC"?

Device(s)
    N-Gage QD
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile - Rocks,
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Moderator HF 4
    FAQ suggestion question:
    Do the N-gage and QD work with all the other apps that run on S60 phones, like 3650, 3600 etc?
    The N-Gage and N-Gage QD are Symbian 6.1, Series 60 devices. Newer phones run on later versions of the Symbian operating system, with the newest phone (as of this writing) being the 6630 running Symbian 8.0s Series 60 2.1.

What does that mean, you ask? Every phone has an operating system, it is what turns the phone from a lump of pretty plastic and metal into a working phone. All Nokia phones (AFAIK) use the Symbian OS, but we, the end users, never see that part of it. The Series is the layer on top of the Symbian OS, Series 40 for non-smartphones, Series 60, UIQ, 80, or 90 for their smartphones. So for an application to run on a Series 60 phone it has to meet two criteria: It must be compatible with the version of the Symbian OS on the phone, and it must be compatible with the version of Series 60 on the phone.

Sorry you asked?

Ok, here's the short answer. Most applications written for Series 60 will run across all Series 60 phones. Those that require Series 60 v. 2.x will usually say so on their home page or where ever your downloaded it from.

Then there are Java or J2ME applications. I'll skip the details on this one (unless someone actually asks) and go straight to the short answer. The N-Gage and N-Gage QD can run MIDP 1.0 applications and can not run MIDP 2.0 applications.

AngelWing0, feel free to copy and past what you want from the above into your FAQ, should you decide any of it's worthwhile. PM me for clarification or rewording if you feel the need.

Much of the above information was gleaned from My-Symbian.com and research from multiple other sites. The above constitutes my understanding as of this writing and my opinions may change with further research. Use only as directed, do not operate heavy machinery under the influence, I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one anywhere! As always, your milage may vary.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    sounds good...i'll consider adding to my faq II

thanks for your contribution

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    FAQ II coming up soon!

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    wow.. who was it that said they quoted u some time back in Jan 15 or something aorund there about this being done. I expect a darn good FAQ.
    HoFo Feedback

Tmobile Familytime 700
    -$59.99 700 anytime minutes, Free Nights/Weekend and mobile2mobile
    -$9.99 Unlimited text on all lines.
    -$19.98 3rd/4th line ($9.99 x 2)
    -$10.00 Pref Phone First Web ($5 a line x 2)
    15% off discount
    -------------
    $116 after taxes/junk fees.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    pm me your msn..i'll let u see it there~

Device(s)
    N95-3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoever
    The N-Gage and N-Gage QD are Symbian 6.1, Series 60 devices. Newer phones run on later versions of the Symbian operating system, with the newest phone (as of this writing) being the 6630 running Symbian 8.0s Series 60 2.1.

What does that mean, you ask? Every phone has an operating system, it is what turns the phone from a lump of pretty plastic and metal into a working phone. All Nokia phones (AFAIK) use the Symbian OS, but we, the end users, never see that part of it. The Series is the layer on top of the Symbian OS, Series 40 for non-smartphones, Series 60, UIQ, 80, or 90 for their smartphones. So for an application to run on a Series 60 phone it has to meet two criteria: It must be compatible with the version of the Symbian OS on the phone, and it must be compatible with the version of Series 60 on the phone.

Sorry you asked?

Ok, here's the short answer. Most applications written for Series 60 will run across all Series 60 phones. Those that require Series 60 v. 2.x will usually say so on their home page or where ever your downloaded it from.

Then there are Java or J2ME applications. I'll skip the details on this one (unless someone actually asks) and go straight to the short answer. The N-Gage and N-Gage QD can run MIDP 1.0 applications and can not run MIDP 2.0 applications.

AngelWing0, feel free to copy and past what you want from the above into your FAQ, should you decide any of it's worthwhile. PM me for clarification or rewording if you feel the need.

Much of the above information was gleaned from My-Symbian.com and research from multiple other sites. The above constitutes my understanding as of this writing and my opinions may change with further research. Use only as directed, do not operate heavy machinery under the influence, I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one anywhere! As always, your milage may vary.
    part of this is incorrect... you state that ALL nokia phones run symbian, but just the series is different. Series 40 phones don't run symbian, but rather a proprietary Nokia UI... the only Nokia Phones that run Symbian are series 60, 80, and 90.

just to clarify!

-matt

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    anyone want to see my faq II?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    no one eh?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by angel_wing0
    anyone want to see my faq II?
    Yes please!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    maybe i will then

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by angel_wing0
    maybe i will then
    will upload it within this weel

Device(s)
    Nokia E65
    Carrier(s)
    3 UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoever
    In your FAQ you state that the QD had "the easy removal of MMC." Wouldn't that be better as "a hot swapable MMC"?
    It's not hot swappable because you have to tell the QD you want to remove the MMC, while on the 6630 and upwards as soon as you open the MMC door the phone start's shutting down applications using the card.
    mobmms vs phonebin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast