Thread: Warez & unlocking

Device(s)
    Various Symbian
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Exclamation Warez

Asking for warez, referring where to get warez, basically anything with regards to warez is off limits on HoFo. I don't like banning people but on this issue it's an automatic 72 hr ban.

Repeat offensives could be grounds for permanent ban. Haven't had to do it yet and I hope I hope I don't have to either!

This also includes so called help sites. Many of them have threads and files related to warez and as such are not allowed. Everyone has gotten away with it for quite sometime since there wasn't a dedicated mod for this group but that is no longer the case.

According to searchSmallBizIT.com Definitions - powered by whatis.com
    Warez (pronounced as though spelled "wares" or possibly by some pronounced like the city of "Juarez") is a term used by software "pirates" to describe software that has been stripped of its copy-protection and made available on the Internet for downloading. People who create warez sites sometimes call them "warez sitez" and use "z" in other pluralizations.

According to the International Planning & Research Corporation, warez Web sites cost software vendors $11.8 billion in 2001. The most popular downloads at warez sites include applications from major vendors such as Microsoft, Symantec, Macromedia, and Adobe Systems. The vendors have joined forces with the Business Software Alliance (BSA) to successfully close a loophole in Internet law that allowed warez distributors to avoid legal prosecution as long as they didn't profit monetarily from their distributions. (Use of warez software is also illegal and may result in a jail sentence.)

Warez should not be confused with shareware or freeware software applications, which are legal and may be freely copied and distributed.
    Last edited by Moderator HF 4; 09-04-2004 at 01:44 AM.
    Your friendly neighborhood Series60 & T-Mobile Mod

Check out the T-Mobile & Series60 Wikis

Device(s)
    Various Symbian
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Guys I'm really not kidding about warez. First warning is a minimum of a 72 hour ban. I've just had to ban 3 people and give a 2 week ban to another member for multiple violations!

Guys don't make me ban you, I don't want to do it, I really don't!

Device(s)
    Various Symbian
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    For unlocking visit the market place for many places that can help you out.

T-Mobile USA customers can call Customer Service and request your unlock code for free. Usually requires at least 90 days of service in good standing and 1 unlock code per 90 days or so.