Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Audiovox CDM8910 Info/Release...........

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    ATT/VZW
    Feedback Score
    This is great news, the phone looks great, cant beat the price at 99 if what you say holds up, and i can finally get rid OF PTT!!!!

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    ...and it's all digital! Awesome! After going all digital, I'll never go back. No more of my phone getting stuck on completely unusable analog after coming out of a basement until I power cycle it!

I can't believe VZW is running it that cheap. This thing will sell like hotcakes, barring any major recall-grade bugs.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6256i (2)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, SPCS roaming with VZW
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by VTEC01EX
    ...and it's all digital! Awesome! After going all digital, I'll never go back. No more of my phone getting stuck on completely unusable analog after coming out of a basement until I power cycle it!

I've found most phones have some setting in the program mode to select digital only. Can't remember if digital only was possible on startac/timeports?

-
    Sid
    "This is my cell phone. There are many like it, but this one is mine."

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score

InfoDoc for CDM8910

The same person from PhoneScoop that sent me the CDM9900
    PDF InfoDoc sent me the CDM8910 InfoDoc today.
    I uploaded it here:
    http://home.comcast.net/~fauguy/CDM8910.pdf

Feedback Score
    Originally posted by tonsofquestions
    *scratches head* All Digital? Phonescoop lists it as tri-mode, as does Bell Mobility. I wasn't aware that Audiovox even made any non-tri-mode phones!
    How is it on some of the big-issues/complaints about the 8900? Speakerphone loudness/use while closed, call quality, the ERI Banner (which can probably be removed, but I'm curious about the default), and, of course, the startup/shutdown noise (which can't be turned off on the 8900).
    *bump*. I still haven't seen any mention of these. Might anyone have an answer? (VZW Employee, perhaps?)

Originally posted by sid pearlman
    I've found most phones have some setting in the program mode to select digital only. Can't remember if digital only was possible on startac/timeports?
    Really? I don't remember seeing that on many, but then again, I don't usually go into that part of the settings menu. Did the 8900 or 8600 have such a feature, that anyone knows of?

Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score

Re: InfoDoc for CDM8910

Originally posted by FAUguy
    The same person from PhoneScoop that sent me the CDM9900
    PDF InfoDoc sent me the CDM8910 InfoDoc today.
    I uploaded it here:
    http://home.comcast.net/~fauguy/CDM8910.pdf
    Thanks

Carrier(s)
    Sprint,
    Feedback Score
    The speakerphone will not be able to operate while closed unless there is some way to hack it like the 9500. It is most likely useless like the 9500's anyway.

Personally I don't understand the obsession with speakerphones. Most of them are totally useless. Even the V60s isn't that great in my opinion. They are good for listening to voicemails, that's about it.

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have a v60s and use the speakerphone everyday. I sit it on the desk and have conversations with the other party never knowing the difference. I can set it down in the car and do the same thing. I'll never buy another cell phone that doesn't have a speakerphone on it again.

Device(s)
    Moto V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks FAUguy for hosting that for us. Also what's different from the pics that VZWemployee hosted is that the front of the phone that had previous read "AUDIOVOX" is now replaced with the Verizon Logo. Much better looking in my opinion as the Audiovox name is associated with "cheap." Looks a lot like the vx7000 now.

Although, I noticed that in the .pdf it states that it is being released on the 28th still. Is different from VZWemployee's claim that it has been pushed up. I'm more inclined to believe him, though.

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Chocolate3
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    aside from phonescoop's hilarious battery life ratings, can anyone ball park this one. with a monochrome outer screen and a 65k color inner this seems like it fcould be a winner in battery life also.
    i have never checked my pm's in my life. sorry about that. i just never get around to it. email me at [email protected] if you need to get a hold of me asap.

Feedback Score
    isnt the telus 8910 trimode? y is the verizon 8910 digital only?

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Here's a pic of the CDM8910 from the Audiovox site:

Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by petemendes
    isnt the telus 8910 trimode? y is the verizon 8910 digital only?
    Verizons version is all digital which is probably an attempt to save money.

Feedback Score
    Is this one made by Curitel?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I just got off the phone with CS. They told me release dates for the 9900 was 9/30 and the 8910 was 9/23.

Any one else hear differently? I'm kind of surprised two phones being released this close together...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast