Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Anything i860 Boost or Nextel Related? Part 2

Device(s)
    bb 7520
    Feedback Score
    something i never understood... Y make a phone that plays wav files then not offer a way to load them on (i730)

and then Y make a phone that plays mp3... yatta yatta yatta

anyway it looks like its time for me to switch my account to time warner corperate

Device(s)
    Verizon Wireless E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The i730 could play wav files and you could load them too.

What rock have you been under?

Device(s)
    i860 - voice
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

Re: MP3!!!!!!

Originally posted by NextelMi
    Are you sure about the MP3 Support .... Can anyone verify this?

CAN THE i860 PLAY MP3???
    The i860 Qwest is a high-tier clam product derivative of the Falcon platform. The i860 will have as a baseline the i830 (Quark) radio but will be the first iDEN product to have an Integrated Camera with Flash, Internal display of 176x220, External display of 96x65, an MP3 ringers, Video Capture and Store (Motion JPEG), Playback Video Clips in H.263 format.

Device(s)
    HTC-8925-Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Matt
    The i730 could play wav files and you could load them too.

What rock have you been under?
    we know how... but i think he is talking about the average joe..
    i know a bunch of ppl that have nextels... and they freak out when they hear mine ring...

Device(s)
    Verizon Wireless E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well I'm sure that's what we'd say. But obviously many members make the mistake of not knowing how to pick .wav from the dropdown.

Most would've described it as why make a phone with .wav abilities that the general public can't load them to.

Device(s)
    i860
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    Matt,

Do you agree with proposed release date? Not to take away from you danimsta, just trying to get Matt's opinion.

Or do you think this is another educated guess?

I would just like to see proof is all. Nextel release, on nextel.com, anything....
    "BEEP-BEEP" 10-4 I'm Out!

Device(s)
    T339
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score

Nextel i860 price Clue

Well i dont know if this has been posted (and prob has) but Nextel has givin a clue to what they are goint to charge for the i860. Go online to the "whats new" section on your phone then down to "win a camera phone" under rules it says that it is MSRP $349.99 for the i860! dang that is expensive for the camera phone. if that is how much us old timers need to pay, i might skip that offer
    6 years with T-Mobile -- and all I got was this T Shirt. Love GSM hate DT! Down with T mobile. ---

Device(s)
    HTC Tilt 8925
    Carrier(s)
    ATT,
    Feedback Score
    I think it says ARP (approx retail price) is $350 (havent looked in about a week) but knowing nextel that will be contract price! Its seems like it will be a very expensive phone...it has been posted...but not even CS reps know about the web contest
    Last edited by NewYorkYanks6; 09-07-2004 at 06:24 PM.
    Family Share 700 & Unlimited Night/Weekend & Unlimited Mobile-To-Mobile Minutes unlim data/text($129.99) (+$15 for iPhone plan) -

Device(s)
    Verizon Wireless E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by BigMase
    Matt,

Do you agree with proposed release date? Not to take away from you danimsta, just trying to get Matt's opinion.

Or do you think this is another educated guess?

I would just like to see proof is all. Nextel release, on nextel.com, anything....
    Funny you ask. I don't agree it's October 1st. Only because it's a Friday. Nextel doesn't release phones on Friday. Now what October 1st could be is the actual date they are recieved in stores. If it releases the 1st Monday of Oct. it'll be the 4th.

And since the i860 wasn't in any Nextel Memos. October is a pretty for sure month that it will be released. So my take is the 4th, 11th, or 18th of October.

Here's my proof of Monday releases that I am familiar with.

i95cl released 07/01/02 Monday

i95 LE from Bloomy's. First LE of the i95 released 10/21/02 Monday

i730 released 10/20/03 then later released to ALL dealers on 11/01/03 and started sales on 11/03/03 another Monday

i830 released on June 1st 2004. Delayed from May. June 1st? It was a Tuesday. Where's the trend? May 31st the date it was set to be released after the delay is a Monday, but a holiday.

Today, i325 and i315 released, Another Tuesday. Yesterday was Monday another holiday.

So as you can see Monday has always been their target date and obvious for a few reasons.

1) Most Nextels aren't open on Sundays or even Saturdays. They probably release phones on Monday to get as many sales as possible their first week.

2) NXTL Stock. Phone releases affect prices +/- of stock and a phone released on the last day of the week of stock trading isn't as useful as releasing it the first day of the week when trading resumes.

So with all that said, it's obvious that it's not releasing in September, and to me, I don't think it will be released on the date danimsta posted. I'm not trying to say Nextel follows this Monday release still or that's their main plan, but if we followed what they did previously with their phones in the past 3 years, you'd think I'm pretty on base here.

I think that quite possibly dealers may get the phone that evening from the warehouse etc, but it won't officially be released until at the very earliest the 4th. That is if in fact dealers get it the 1st of October.

Device(s)
    i860
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel.Done.l
    Feedback Score

How Much DO You think it Will Be I Think 499.99

Device(s)
    Verizon Wireless E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    For 2 years? No way. Not even close. The MSRP is $399. With Contract Nextel won't sell it at the MSRP. No one does that. A list price is always a higher price than they sell it for.

My bet is 2 year $299.99 and 1 year $349.99

Device(s)
    BB8800
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yo...i dunno if this is a repost, but the Boost i860 is up on ebay, looks HOTTTT allll black!!!!!!

Check it out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...718874959&rd=1

Wow...i like, maybe ill bid, its D software, waiting for software pics from seller.

Device(s)
    HTC Tilt 8925
    Carrier(s)
    ATT,
    Feedback Score
    there was another auction about a month or so ago bigger pics (same pics as the new auction...plus more..just bigger and clearer pics)

i860 Boost Old Auction

it was the highest selling i860 on ebay $1200
    Last edited by NewYorkYanks6; 09-07-2004 at 07:16 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by PauLiE BoY
    Yo...i dunno if this is a repost, but the Boost i860 is up on ebay, looks HOTTTT allll black!!!!!!

Check it out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...718874959&rd=1

Wow...i like, maybe ill bid, its D software, waiting for software pics from seller.
    umm.... I don't know what you were looking at but that sure looks Grey and Brown to me!
    I don't know where you got the black from?!

Maybe you're thinking about the new boost i830 to be released on October 1.

OH and BTW regarding i860 released on OCT 1...
    I seriously doubt that NEXTEL/BOOST would release BOTH the i860 and the BOOST i830 on the same day... just seems stupid, and OCT 1 for Boost i830 is a confirmed date...

I still expect to see the i860 as early as the middle of this month... 13th or 20th... 13th being unrealistic at this point

See how the i315 and i325 just quietly got added to the Nextel website? I think we're going to see the i860 just unexpectedly hopefully within the next 2 weeks
    Last edited by Homertime; 09-07-2004 at 07:24 PM.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8310
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    I dont like the brown boost 860. I didnt like their 285 either. I do like the Southern Linc 860 though. If anyone is down there, and can get one for me under the prepaid plan for around $400 please pm me or email me. [email protected] Thanks a lot, Shane

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 ... LastLast