Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth adapters

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I use a Belkin F8T003... before I installed Windows XP SP2, I had SP1, and the adaptor's software worked like pure hell! It would constantly freeze, go non-respondant, and magically afterwards disappear from the taskbar! Belkin told me to call Nokia after I had called them, I was mad at them for telling me that besides the fact that they only had bluetooth support for the Nokia 3650 (????). Once I installed SP2, I reinstalled the adaptor's drivers and they started working under Microsoft's program- it works very stable now and I actually trust it to work. I just wish microsoft had OBEX initialization from the computer, and not just "receive a file".
    I <3 my iPhone

Device(s)
    Nokia N-Gage QD
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Logitech MX900 Bluetooth

Greetings all, first post here.

I was contemplating on buying the Logitech MX900 bluetooth keyboard+mouse combo with its native bluetooth dongle included into the mouse charger.

Now I recently bought a Nokia N-Gage QD (which rocks ) and was wondering if anyone knew if the two devices answered well to one another?

I don't have a bluetooth dongle on my pc so far and since I wanted to change my keyboard and mouse, I thought this could be a good combo idea.

Anyone got toughts on it or saw reviews on that topic?

Thanks guys,

-The Blue Baron

BTW: Is the Logitech MX900 a Widcomm compliant device??

Device(s)
    Nokia N95
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    i purchased this BT USB dongle from ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...e=STRK:MEWN:IT

just received it today, and i had issues installing the software. it's WIDCOMM software, version 1.4.3 build 4. i've got SP2, and the dongle works fine as just plug and play. but after reading this, sounds like the WIDCOMM drivers are some of the best out there.

here's where my problem is. during installation, my taskbar disappears. then it finishes, and it's like my explorer and desktop aren't functional. my desktop shortcuts are all gone, my taskbar is still missing. i can't even logoff without hitting control+alt+delete. so after doing that, and signing back in, everything looks fine again. now there's a "my bluetooth places" icon on my desktop, but it goes nowhere. it's supposed to open up with a windows explorer type interface, it shows pics in the install booklet.

anyone encounter this yet?

Device(s)
    Nokia E90
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile;
    Feedback Score
    Can't get my kensington (WIDCOMM drivers) to work with PC Suite; any recomendations?

Device(s)
    bunch of phones
    Carrier(s)
    fido
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by bchawla
    Can't get my kensington (WIDCOMM drivers) to work with PC Suite; any recomendations?
    uninstall PC suite, uninstall BT, then re-install evrything installing the BT drivers 1st before pluging ur BT dongle, then once ur BT is working, install PC suite and make sure the version is compatibel with ur phone, u can check frm nokia site-> support...

Device(s)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by friedbrains
    widcomm is a company that provides BT driver, 1 of the best BT driver, much better than SP2... if u r just after transfering files with ur BT then the SP2 will suffice, however if u want ot use Nokia PC Suite and if you have BT headset and u want to use it too with ur PC, then SP2 will not be enough...
    my device doesnt come with widcomm drivers.i am able to transfer files using nokia pc suite but i doesnt seem to be able to connect using remote S60.does this mean that i need to get another device or the remote S60 not supported with 7610?

Device(s)
    bunch of phones
    Carrier(s)
    fido
    Feedback Score
    what do you mean by remote s60???

Device(s)
    Feedback Score
    oh remote S60 is the symbian application by mobileways. it can allow you to control your hp from your pc. try it!

has anyone tried it on a 7610? i cant seem to be able to use it

Device(s)
    bunch of phones
    Carrier(s)
    fido
    Feedback Score
    ah, OK, maybe you should check if there is already a software upgrade for the remote s60 and also u need to find out which BT profile it uses for connection since if you are not using widcom driver and if you are using SP2 BT drivers, be aware that SP2 does not have OBEX

Device(s)
    Feedback Score
    hey friedbrains. thanks for the replies. what is the obex used for? can you tell examples when is obex needed?

Device(s)
    Nokia N82 Titanium (Finland)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    i m using an ultra BT adaptor now..looks like..but MMC reader is better

Device(s)
    S710a, BB7100t, 6620, 6230,3220,D415
    Carrier(s)
    I am T-mobile-count on me!!
    Feedback Score
    Does any one know of a BT adapter that comes with everything i need to connect my comp to my phone with out any complications? Or point me in the direction for the easiest to use and set up BT usb adapter.

Device(s)
    Nokia N82 Titanium (Finland)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    they are all the same to be honest...

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    im using a Ambicom BT2000C-USB. It works perfectly with my 6620 and worked with my 3620.

Here is a link to the adapter.

Device(s)
    Feedback Score

help

i have msi btoes.. os is xp sp2.. i can't get the dongle to work when i installed the driver for xp2 from the msi web site.. have any ideas on how i can solve this problem? my phone is 7650 and they recognize each other but i can't send any files..

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast