Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth adapters

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I've used a DBT-120 from DLink and had good luck.

Best and most painless was DEFINATLY using the Logitech Bluetooth Mouse and Bluetooth Hub. They sent it to me a week ago and it's been reliable as all get out, and their software is fantastic.

Plus, to pair a new device, you just press a button and it walks you through the whole process. In addition, Logitech provides fantastic documentation and support -- and they know what PC Suite is and how to set it up!

Rock!
    pft

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS, N78, N82, N81 8GB,N95-4, N95-3, N95-1 PINK!, N73 PINK/WHITE!, N90 proto, OEM Pink N-Gage
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I just got a PenBlue USB Dongle. I had the Belkin before but when I first got it they did not have the drivers to support the 3650 so I got rid of it.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I just got a DLink DBT-120 today, works the first time I connect, plus it's on sale for CDN$39. I am extremely happy with it!

Feedback Score
    I have an HTQ-BD01 dongle and it "works" on this Windows XP notebook, but it sure is flaky. Seems that I have to reinstall the driver nearly every time I plug it in, because it doesn't detect it properly. Once it gets going, it works fine. I think maybe my dongle is not 100%.

Carrier(s)
    Everything Everywhere
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by sempai
    I've used a DBT-120 from DLink and had good luck.

Best and most painless was DEFINATLY using the Logitech Bluetooth Mouse and Bluetooth Hub. They sent it to me a week ago and it's been reliable as all get out, and their software is fantastic.

Plus, to pair a new device, you just press a button and it walks you through the whole process. In addition, Logitech provides fantastic documentation and support -- and they know what PC Suite is and how to set it up!

Rock!
    That sounds great, but their web site suggests it won't work with the 6600 and PC Suite:
    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?co...contentID=7177

But the .pdf file seems to say it does. Now to wait until the price settles down a bit!

Doug

Device(s)
    Nokia N95 8GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Toink
    I'm using a class 1 Bluetooth Dongle from X-micro for my Nokia 6600
    The same dongle only works in one direction for me, PC-to-phone and that's perfect. However, phone-to-PC results in Unable to connect messages. The setup is the same, 6600, XP, Widcomm 1.3.2.7. Did you have any similar problems while installing it that you could overcome?
    Bye,
    Gabriel

Device(s)
    N9 (soon)
    Carrier(s)
    Globe PH
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by djg
    The same dongle only works in one direction for me, PC-to-phone and that's perfect. However, phone-to-PC results in Unable to connect messages. The setup is the same, 6600, XP, Widcomm 1.3.2.7. Did you have any similar problems while installing it that you could overcome?
    I can confirm the phone to PC connection errors. I'm currently using the same driver version on Windows XP SP1 (and SP2 MS Official BETA).... However I don't know if it's the X-micro BT dongle or the Nokia 6600, or perhaps Windows XP that has problems connecting from phone to PC.. I just utilize the pc suite when transferring a file from the phone to my PC... Honestly I have yet to find out how to successfully use the Bluetooth Exchange Folder....

I already know the BT connection problems prior to my buying the dongle - but not specifically to the X-micro dongle because I just took my chances on getting this x-micro dongle. As long as the PC-phone works I'm ok with that... of course I'm hoping that

Since I was already aware of the problems that may arise installing a BT dongle on a Windows XP machine and the Nokia PC Suite for 6600, I just made sure that I followed the instructions provided in the forum and was successful during the initial installation...

Device(s)
    Motorola v600
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular GSM
    Feedback Score
    I have a pen blue, and it works kinda. I can connect to my n-gage, but pc suite never recognizes the phone. I can transfer images using the bluetooth network folder, but really want to use pc suite. Any ideas?

Device(s)
    Nokia N95 8GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Toink
    I just utilize the pc suite when transferring a file from the phone to my PC...
    I try to avoid PC suite as much as I can, it's a real pain in the neck. I don't even have it installed on my desktop machine, only on the notebook where I used infrared before buying the Bluetooth dongle. In addition to being slow and clumsy, I also often have problems with it not connecting to the phone after the notebook hibernated or slept, a system reboot is often required. To move files between the phone and the PC, I prefer plain built-in infrared over PC Suite any time but Bluetooth would be better.

Device(s)
    Various Symbian
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Bluetooth adapters

Post your Bluetooth (BT) adapter models. Links to downloading updated sw (obviously no warez) and related support pages and other info.

The idea is to create a master list of BT adapters that appear to work well or which ones DON'T! But let's try to keep it on the positive with ones that DO work for the most part.
    Your friendly neighborhood Series60 & T-Mobile Mod

Check out the T-Mobile & Series60 Wikis

Device(s)
    Various Symbian
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'll start it off with

PenBlue by Mavintec

Ebay is a good place to start. I regularly see them available for $20 or less shipped.

This adapter works well with XP SP2 and the m-Router by Intuwave to manage that connection (does what My Bluetooth Places did previously.

Device(s)
    BB 8830 WE
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (primary - work)
    Feedback Score
    3Com USB bluetooth adapter....found one on ebay for less than $30 plus shipping.

Works perfectly with its own drivers and software, but no support with Win XP and no PC Suite- mrouter recognises it, but the PC Suite refuses to. Dont know why.
    Now with SP2 it works occasionally with the PC Suite.
    "Not all who wander are lost"

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Atrix HD
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (postpaid)
    Feedback Score
    I've got a real gem of a BT adapter - a noname adapter called the "Blue USB wireless connector". It's model number is Y-210. I can't find any mention of the manufacturer, and the mini CD the drivers are included on has drivers for at least 10 other devices and no identification which is which.

The adapter uses drivers from Windigo Systems, and I haven't been able to get mRouter or the PC Suite to recognize it. Only XTNDConnect Blue Manager, the program that came with it, can transfer files back and forth.

I'd recommend staying away from this adapter.

Feedback Score
    I use a Linksys USB BT adapter (model USBBT100). It retails for $49.99 and works great pairing PC Suite with Nokia bluetooth phones. Includes software and auto-installing drivers.

Feedback Score
    Billington Bluetooth Adapter, mini version, works great, but never could link well with p800, as i never got it to send things from my computer to my p800. Works perfectly with my 3650, didnt try my 6600 yet.

A extended version with an antenna is also available, providing mroe range, and can be found on their website.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast