Thread: VX6000 Secret Menu-gpsOne

Southern California, USA, World, Milky Way, Universe
    Device(s)
    RIM BlackBerry 8830 - Current
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

VX6000 Secret Menu-gpsOne

Well first post on this forum, I've found other posts and threads here to be extremely helpful......anywho I am wondering if it is possible to use a location function feature with the GPS in the VX6000, go to THe Secret Menu>Field Tests>gpsOne>and that is a menu full of weird things, I must have spent an hour playing around in here...so yea...info anyone?

-Brian

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Pearl 8130
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

gpsONE

I did a search on Google and found this Qualcomm site:

http://www.cdmatech.com/solutions/pr...psone_cdma.jsp
    -Josh

Device(s)
    LG VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Its basically disabled to users, only the police can take advantage of it. You can't even get your own coordinates, it just sits there infinitely.

Device(s)
    Nokia N85-3 NAM
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    that's a shame...cuz basically a separate gps system can cost ~70-100$...

Device(s)
    motorola v65s
    Carrier(s)
    verizon (since 2001)
    Feedback Score
    acemilo: the police can't even take advantage of it. gpsOne is actually QUALCOMM technology, which is different than the gps chip alone.

the gps chip is mandatory in phones now, via FCC regs. but e911, which anyone with a cell phone (in our home, ny state) has been paying ~$3 a month for 5 years; isn't even up as a system yet.

irritating.

word,
    matt

Device(s)
    LG VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up VX6000 gpsOne usage (kinda)

I got this information somewhere the other day, but can't find it now, but here's the gist of it. Whatever I read said that this is only available in some markets, too.

Hit Menu > 0 > 000000 (SPC code) > 2 (Field Tests) > 6 (gpsOne) > 2 (Test Num) > Change to 922 > OK (I believe this step has to be done every time you restart your phone)

While in gpsOne menu: 5 (NV) > 5 (gpsOne Lock) > Turn Off > OK

Also: 1 (gpsOne Test Screen) > Turn On > OK

Also: 4 (Start Application)

Get out of the menu by pressing End.

Dial 922 > Send
    Screen should say "gpsOne ... something"
    Wait a few seconds, then a bunch of information will appear that you can scroll through using the up or down buttons. I don't know what most of it means, but you can see your Lat & Long on the first screen. Be aware that you will (most likely) be charged for minutes while in this screen. Hit End to finish.

Before I unlocked the gpsOne Lock and turned on the Screen (form above steps), dialing 922 just gave a bunch of really weird sayings using different voices and in a strange pattern. I don't know what any of that meant, but it was interesting, nonetheless.

Hope this helps!

Device(s)
    motorola v65s
    Carrier(s)
    verizon (since 2001)
    Feedback Score

Re: VX6000 gpsOne usage (kinda)

Originally posted by Jave27
    I got this information somewhere the other day, but can't find it now, but here's the gist of it. Whatever I read said that this is only available in some markets, too.

Hit Menu > 0 > 000000 (SPC code) > 2 (Field Tests) > 6 (gpsOne) > 2 (Test Num) > Change to 922 > OK (I believe this step has to be done every time you restart your phone)

While in gpsOne menu: 5 (NV) > 5 (gpsOne Lock) > Turn Off > OK

Also: 1 (gpsOne Test Screen) > Turn On > OK

Also: 4 (Start Application)

Get out of the menu by pressing End.

Dial 922 > Send
    Screen should say "gpsOne ... something"
    Wait a few seconds, then a bunch of information will appear that you can scroll through using the up or down buttons. I don't know what most of it means, but you can see your Lat & Long on the first screen. Be aware that you will (most likely) be charged for minutes while in this screen. Hit End to finish.

Before I unlocked the gpsOne Lock and turned on the Screen (form above steps), dialing 922 just gave a bunch of really weird sayings using different voices and in a strange pattern. I don't know what any of that meant, but it was interesting, nonetheless.

Hope this helps!
    snazzy, thanks

Device(s)
    LGVX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Very nice!

Whatdoya think that "Privacy" option for High, Medium or none does?

Carrier(s)
    USCC
    Feedback Score
    lol.. when i dial 922 on USCC i get super 8 motels :P Any other idea?
    Unlimited Everything
    2 lines
    ~$190/ month

Device(s)
    Samsung A970
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Great find dude, works really well for me. Got any good websites that can confirm the coordinates? Like enter lat. and long.? Thanks.

Device(s)
    LG enV2 VX9100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Motorola v9m
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    I tried this while I was at work and it work fine. Then I tried it on the way home and the gps info came up then the phone started ringing and it was the 911 dispatcher! IT CALLED 911! So I hung up. She called back and I told her that I had made the call by accident. Also, she said she had received a 911 hangup from my cellphone which must mean that gpsone is working in my area. She wouldn't have know this from my number because I ported in my landline number. Anyone else have this happen?

Device(s)
    LG VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    What I'm wondering is how we can use this information to develop our own Brew apps using the GPS information. If we could get access to this from Brew using 922, then someone could potentially write an entire GPS navigation application for this phone. Of course, we'd need the official development software and have to pay out way too much money, but it might be worth it if it could be sold on GIN. The phreaker community has already given up on the cracking Brew2, so it would have to be distributed as a legitimate application.

Well, here's to dreaming. I think I'll download the Brew SDK later today and start messing around with it to see if it'd be worth bothering with. I don't know if the phone has enough storage space to be able to download maps to use with the app anyway... Could be a huge selling feature for Verizon, though, if it worked well.

Device(s)
    LG VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I tried this while I was at work and it work fine. Then I tried it on the way home and the gps info came up then the phone started ringing and it was the 911 dispatcher! IT CALLED 911!
    Now that you mentioned that, I do remember seeing something about that on the thread I found that info on. Some regions apparently forward 922 calls to 911 instead. Sorry I didn't remember that and mention it! (I haven't been able to find this information's orginal source since then, and I've looked all over the place) So, EVERYONE BEWARE - IF YOU DIAL 922, YOU MAY END UP GOING TO 911. JUST EXPLAIN THE SITUATION, AND THEY SHOULDN'T CARE TOO MUCH (hopefully). Just don't do it more than once.

Device(s)
    motorola v65s
    Carrier(s)
    verizon (since 2001)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by spawnimpaler
    I tried this while I was at work and it work fine. Then I tried it on the way home and the gps info came up then the phone started ringing and it was the 911 dispatcher! IT CALLED 911! So I hung up. She called back and I told her that I had made the call by accident. Also, she said she had received a 911 hangup from my cellphone which must mean that gpsone is working in my area. She wouldn't have know this from my number because I ported in my landline number. Anyone else have this happen?

heh... it would be nice if that was the case, but, i hate to disappoint you, it most likely isn't.
    basically, your number is now your number. she called back your number. that's it.
    the e911/gpsOne technology would actually transfer your lat/long to her, so she could actually have located you in case of emergency. so, her calling you back is not verification of the e911/gpsone technology actually sending your lat/long to the dispatch center. i guess you could ask her, but think about every second you spend asking the 911 dispatcher "yo, can you see me latitude and longitude on your screen?" "no" "oh sit, yo... that's too bad" someone who would say "yo, my leg is being eaten by a bear, can you send am ambulance?" "sure" "can you see my latitude and longitude?" "no" "oh sit, that's too bad" is losing their 911 time. not something to mess around with.

e911 cost me, in New York, $1.03 every month. everyone's been paying it for years, and the system hasn't been implimented, or even worked on. there was even some news about someone misusing the funds.
    It's one of those things that the state doesn't find much importance in. it'll take something terrible, like the governer's daughter getting stuck in the woods and when she tried to use her cellphone, hopeing that the gps chip would work, it didn't.

it's a shame that not only have people been paying monthly for the fund, but that it's funds have been misused, and there is no progressive work being done to actually institute it.

If i'm wrong abotu any of this, please let me know.

Peace,
    Matt

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast