Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My PERSONAL opinion on the Samsung 8580

Device(s)
    Samsung 8500
    Carrier(s)
    SprintPCS (USA)
    Feedback Score

basements

I used to have a nokia 5100 with Sprint PCS, and it did not work at all in my basement, no service. I recently switched to a Samsung 8500 and it works pretty well down here, which is better than nothing. I like the phone, and haven't had too much trouble with it yet, but it's still early.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson w810i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers GSM
    Feedback Score
    I have a 8500 Samsung from ClearNet now Telus... I have the same problem... Singal Faded... Even I am outside!! The signal is FULL!! My friend with the same phone have the same thing! He getting cut off every 15 mins in DownTown Toronto! He cancel his services and went to Rogers! I am going to do the same!! I am just waiting for Rogers GSM roll out! and I am going to switch! Stupid Korea Crap!

Feedback Score

Re: MY Sansung 8580

It's true that the Samsung phone drops calls frequently - even when it's fully charged, for my phone anyways. It also seems that that the battery needs to be recharged often. Often the volume isn't very loud, but other than that I have no complaints. For the sheer practicalness of having a cell phone around - it has come in handy many times. And it is a beautiful phone . Although I would like to know how changing service providers would reduce the number of dropped calls. I'm not a very experienced consumer in this area.
    Last edited by baronessdestine; 08-04-2001 at 12:23 PM.

Device(s)
    Motorola V60t
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    hahaha...okay, i've worked for sprint for a while now, and i recall seeing someone mention the 5185. hahaha. that was a piece of crap. i'm sorry you bought it man. the 6185i was a good phone.
    okay....by far, since it's release...the sanyo 4000 and the motorola starTAC on the sprintPCS network has the reputation of having the best battery life and reception. i've come along to the signal faded calls even though signal is full and it's prolly something with the phone. you guys should check if you need a firmware update. KOO!
    Was that the $39.99 or the $49.99 calling plan?
    This ain't no swamp meet. I don't care if the people down the street are giving away free sh**.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility (2000-current)
    Feedback Score
    I'm really surprised that Samsung or any of the providers haven't addressed the volume issue for the 8580, since it seems like it is the most frequent complaint for this model. Maybe 8580 users are losing their hearing

As far as the 8580 is concerned, I have YET to see a firmware upgrade available, unless, the newer 8580's are packaged with the new "unknown" firmware

Device(s)
    Samsung T300
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I am planning to switch to Rogers when their GSM comes out, but in the meantime I am with Telus, but having poor results with my current Nokia 6188, and will receive a $100 credit.. so should i buy the samsung 8580?? or the Sanyo 4500? as both are inexpensive.

I live in Toronto (Scarborough (Warden/Steeles) and work in North York (Leslie/401)).

Has any body had any experience using the samsung 8580 or sanyo 4500 in Toronto?

If so, hows the sound quality and RF performance?

Also, any word on why Telus pulled the samsung 8580 phone off their website?

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson w810i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers GSM
    Feedback Score
    No!!! do not buy the Samsung 8580... if you wanted to drop calls then go for it...

As many people reported... The Samsung have a singal problem... It always give me the "Singal Faded".... Even the Signal show "FULL" it will drop call and give you "Singal Faded"!!!

Get a Sanyo or something... or wait 2 more weeks! I am hearing they goto launch the motorola v60 within 2 weeks! Wait for that!

By the way, if you wish to switch to Rogers... you better know that when Rogers Launch... That will be little place you could ROAM... not even U.S.!! I talked to the Rogers Reps... they only could ROAM on a few Europen Cities and U.S. cities...

That is why, I am thinking of switching to Fido... until Rogers and AT&T (Down in the states) build up their GSM network...

Device(s)
    Samsung T300
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Any word on how much the motorola v60 will cost?

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson w810i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers GSM
    Feedback Score
    I don't know the cost... but here is the press release from Motorola Canada.

http://www.motorola.ca/asp/english/new/cdma_latest.asp

So for sure, they are launching the v60c... but don't know which carrier... Could be Telus, and it could be Bell...

If I were you, I will save my $100 and use it on a new phone...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2