Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nokia Error "Not Charging"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rico_snts
    you got a bad charging ic, i think you over charged your phone. I think its Hardware problem.
    pls i want to know if it is possible to change the charging ic or how?

Feedback Score
    pls i want to get the charging ic solution now.

Feedback Score
    I have seen this "charging error" message on a Nokia 6265i before. All I know is that I charged the battery charged using a spare battery charger but for whatever reason, the phone said it only had one bar of battery charge left even after charging it overnight. After this would happen, the phone would give the charging error message if I plugged the main charger into the phone. The only way to get it to recharge the battery would be to remove the charging plug from the phone and reinsert it. It would usualy charge for a few minutes and come up with the error message again and I would have to keep repeating this process (sometimes 10 to 20 times) but it would eventually charge the battery properly. I have seen this on a couple of 6265i's and BL-6C's but after the battery charges again properly, everything is fine.

Device(s)
    Nokia 8800 Sirocco Edition
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've had the sam problem with my 8800, it'd say "not charging" 7 out of 10 tries, I thought it was defective but did not have time for repairs. I went back to my contry for a trip and to my surprise the problem was solved using 220V

Now I use the sirocco desk charger to charge my 8800 and have no problems at all, and yes it fits

So, it could just be the voltage, have no idea why it happens though..In my case it was dfinately the voltage

Device(s)
    Nokia N95 8GB
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    My N95 doesn't charge with its charger either, fortunately it seems to work just fine with my N800 charger. My advice is to try an adapter from a different model if you have one.

Device(s)
    N91
    Feedback Score
    The non charging thing usually pops up because of the charger. Try changing the charger or experimenting with a different one.

Device(s)
    Nokia 5185i
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    have you tried turning the phone OFF first? i have that error too if it's on, or if it was sitting in a hot (or cold) car all day. i also dealt with the endless scrolling battery graph (never shows 'battery full' just keeps going.) i never got that error with the phone OFF, although it may take awhile to start, esp if you drained a Li-Ion battery too far.

Most Nokias are happy with the common ACP-7U charger

Feedback Score
    nokia 6230 not charging

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2