Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Wap Is Free. Please Read Before Posting A Question About Wap!!!!!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 32GB Black / iPhone 3GS White 32GB / iPhone 3G Black 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Wap Is Free. Please Read Before Posting A Question About Wap!!!!!!

Wap is Free If you have a monthly rate pan with t-mobile you have free Wap on your account. All T-Mobile Phones that support wap can access any wap portal(wap site, web site), and it is completely free. Now T-Zones however is not free. You must pay if you want T-Zones!! T-Zones does not equal Wap. T-Zones is a web page that allows you to access news sports and weather at you finger tips. Now you can access News sports and weather with WAP for free. It's just that t-zones allows direct links to those sites. If You have a EasySpeak prepaid phone with T-Mobile WAP is free. T-Zones with prepaid is also free.

THE KEY WORD HERE IS THAT WAP IS FREE!!!

Also Prepaid Customers:
    If your prepaid phones was activated before 4/1/04 t-zones will not work on your account. You must call 611 or 1-877-778-2106 and call to add t-zones to your account. If your account was activated after 4/01/04 t-zones will already be activated on your phone. T-Zones may take anywere from 1 to 3 days for it to work if it was just added to your account. Prepaid WAP is free right now, there were talks of charging a daily free of 10˘ but those were just rumors.

ANY PLAN AS FREE WAP ON IT. AS WELL AS ANY PREPAID PHONE. EVEN IF YOU HAVE A FAMILYTIME PLAN. NOW IF WAP IS NOT WORKING FOR YOU SIMPLY FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING STEPS:

CALL 611 OR 1-800-937-8997
    PREPAID CUSTOMERS CALL 1-877-778-2106

MAKE SURE INCLUDED WAP ACCESS IS ON YOUR ACCOUNT.
    PREPAID USERS ASK IS T-ZONES IS ON YOUR ACCOUNT.

MAKE SURE THERE IS NOT AN OUTAGE IN YOUR AREA.

Now for the last time. WAP IS FREE, AND T-ZONES IS NOT. T-ZONES IS JUST A WAP/WEB PAGES WITH LINKS TO OTHER SITES ON IT.

T-ZONES IS ONLY FREE WITH A PREPAID (EASYSPEAK) ACCOUNT.

PLEASE PLEASE NO MORE FREE WAP DISCUSSIONS!!!!!

I KNOW I'M NOT A MOD BUT THIS HAD TO BE DONE. PLEASE MAKE THIS A STICKY.

IF YOUR QUESTION WASN'T ANSWERED HERE THEN POST AND ASK A QUESTION!

THANK YOU
    Last edited by Cool6324; 04-17-2004 at 11:47 PM.

Check out CaptureIt for Blackberry. A free screenshot program.
    Works on all Blackberry's 4.3 and higher.
    (Pearl, Bold, Curve, 8700, 88XX, Storm, Javelin, and more)
    Available now at www.thetechmogul.com

Follow us on Twitter for support! http://www.twitter.com/thetechmogul

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This should be stickied, there have been like 3 threads everyday asking if WAP was free...

Device(s)
    Nokia 6600 (Yeah Baby!!)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (From March '04)
    Feedback Score
    Just to confirm....are you SURE that WAP is free???? I mean, is it really free??

hehehe... couldn't resist

I also think this should be stickied

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 16g, Samsung Blackjack II (back up)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT, Vzw (wk)
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Thank U, Thank U, Thank U!!!! I've been paying for Tzones for nada b/c I don't ever really use the links on the homepage.

This should be a sticky. Maybe if enough people say so they'll do it. Cheers
    You will never truly appreciate something..........until it tries to kill you!

Device(s)
    Palmone Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Free WAP

Thanks for the summary. I knew that WAP was free, but there are at least 3 different posts about this in the listings.

My question is how do I access WAP? Do I use it like GPRS? Do I enter these sites listed? I can't find the answer to that question. I have searched high and low and haven't found the answer. I figure it will be an easy answer because no-one else has approached the subject.

thanks
    Jim
    Bring it on!

Device(s)
    A lot of them.
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    t-zones is not just a page with links on it. Many people seem to think this now that WAP is free. As per the T-Mobile website "t-zones gives you unlimited access to the Mobile Web and your e-mail. Get the latest news, sports, and weather from leading providers like CNN and ESPN, and play the latest on-line games..." (http://www.t-mobile.com/services/tzo...ceoverview.asp).

The page with links on it is the t-zones homepage. Yes, WAP and e-mail access is free, however t-zones is officially defined as including those free services as well and is not defined as just the t-zones homepage. In the past when WAP access was not free you had to get the t-zones service (which is defined as having WAP access, not just the t-zones homepage) to be able to use WAP. T-Mobile calls it t-zones like AT&T calls it mMode (not just a webpage either).

Also, it's t-zones, not "T-Zones."

a special place in my mind that's peaceful
    Device(s)
    Mda
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG X105: SEC-SGHX105 NW.Browser3.01)

and now that leaves the same questions unanswered yet both explanations are great. tell me-what do i lose if i cancel t-zones
    Please remember that I am generally using my mda to read this forum, as I travel around the usa.

Device(s)
    Mda
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score

lso t-zones does not allow me to access my taxi yahoo email that i can't replace

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by AMETHYST4MOON

and now that leaves the same questions unanswered yet both explanations are great. tell me-what do i lose if i cancel t-zones
    If you cancel "t-zones" you will lose the ability to be able to access wap sites on the tzones homepage, right from the t-zones homepage. Now you will still be able to access those sites, it's just that you will have to manualy type in the wap address.

I wish someone would just put all of the links on one page.

Cool6324
    Last edited by Cool6324; 04-18-2004 at 12:31 PM.

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    One day I connected to T-Zones on my T610 and instead of the globe (gprs) symbol coming up on the top I had a picture of a phone (like in a regular call)

Now what the heck was that?
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G LTE, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by RyanM
    One day I connected to T-Zones on my T610 and instead of the globe (gprs) symbol coming up on the top I had a picture of a phone (like in a regular call)

Now what the heck was that?
    That meant you were using CSD. CSD is like dial up. That means that you were dialing up, to access wap. If you ever see the phone icon, it is taking away from your minutes. Now If you use csd durning Night's and Weekends you won't be charged anything if your have Unlimited Nights & Weekends. CSD would also be free is you had a 3-day weekend plan, and your were using it in a Friday.

Device(s)
    Mda
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So I can use my phone's bookmarks and never care about t-zones, right? figured.

But nothing helps for Yahoo lately!

Device(s)
    Jesus Phone
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Cool6324

I wish someone would just put all of the links on one page.

Cool6324
    ????? go to T-Mobile FAQ on this forum, check out second sticky.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by frenchconnector
    ????? go to T-Mobile FAQ on this forum, check out second sticky.
    Yes I just saw that. I'm actually making my own wap site. It will have links that I feel users use the most. And links can be added apon request. From you phone please visit http://tagtag.com/tzones2 . Tell me what you think!

Cool6324

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Cool6324
    That meant you were using CSD. CSD is like dial up. That means that you were dialing up, to access wap. If you ever see the phone icon, it is taking away from your minutes. Now If you use csd durning Night's and Weekends you won't be charged anything if your have Unlimited Nights & Weekends. CSD would also be free is you had a 3-day weekend plan, and your were using it in a Friday.
    Yes, it was on the weekends, and I do know what CSD is.... just found that strange, it doesnt do it anymore.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast