Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Series 60 Apps & Games Guide & Reviews (Merged)

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS, N78, N82, N81 8GB,N95-4, N95-3, N95-1 PINK!, N73 PINK/WHITE!, N90 proto, OEM Pink N-Gage
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by punkserb

Dashfly - it is a minute manager and seems custom made for t-mobile and such. it asks you when your billing period ends and begins, how many anytime minutes you have, when your nights start, and whether you have unlimited weekend minutes. and it refreshes itself automatically! VERY useful for me seeing as my bill last month came out to $120 (i have the t-mobile 29.99 talk and t-zones plan). MUST HAVE APP.
    I have this app on my phone and of course it's a bit confusing. I might have done the setting wrong. I put in anytime. I'm on the get more plan for 39.99 with 600 minutes and unlimited n&w, so should I have put in Peak for the plan type?

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson T616
    Carrier(s)
    ATT GSM
    Feedback Score
    is there a mirror application like there is on the palms?

Device(s)
    iphone 2.5G (BL3.9) v3.1.2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Darla
    I have this app on my phone and of course it's a bit confusing. I might have done the setting wrong. I put in anytime. I'm on the get more plan for 39.99 with 600 minutes and unlimited n&w, so should I have put in Peak for the plan type?
    Set to peak/off peek
    Daytime 600
    Night/wknd 0 (this will show as unlimited)

Feedback Score

Unhappy

Hi,

New to series 60 phone. Are ther any good productivity tools available on series 60 platform that are equivalent to eg. Thoughtmanager for Palm or Listpro for Palm/PocketPC/Smartsphone? Thouse applications are really an excellent & must have PIM, too bad there are not available on series 60 platform.

Thanks.

Device(s)
    HTC Hermes ( 8525 )
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

GeoPOD !

GeoPod is excellent....if only the 3650 had a better joypad contoller. I'm sure this game will play better on the NGage because of it.

For those wondering....the Answering Machine software requires firmware rev 3.12 or above ( that's why I'm not using it....haven't upgraded yet ).

Device(s)
    Nokia 3650 w/Jabra BT hdst
    Carrier(s)
    VS / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    what is the address of the web page to purchase IR remote for 3650?
    I wear my Sunglasses @ Night

Device(s)
    Samsung S105 | Nokia 3650 | Motorola V70 | Samsung E105 | Nokia 6600 | Sony Ericsson T637
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    the gameboy emulator is AWESOME! i found a site with 1000s of free gameboy games and so far i have galaga,pacman,tetris,and pokemon yellow. this is by far the BEST APP EVER. very easy to install and doesnt use much space at all!

Device(s)
    Siemens Me45
    Feedback Score
    Anyone tried CoMobi from Webgate? http://www.webgate.bg/
    This app let two series60 device communicate and share files in many ways, also push-to-talk is possible! And even ciphering communications! I don't have a symbian phone yet, but i'm courious to try this app. Anyone could try it and post impressions? Trial version can be downloaded from site above. Let us know!

*Pat_H*

Device(s)
    Nokia 6230
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Synncere
    Beer Engine

A definate must for the beer lover. It's got a great list of beers aswell as other drinks. If you have used the coctail app then you'll like this app. Beer engine also gives you info on the the drinks alcohol content and if you want to you can also track how much you drink over various time periods.

Anyone who enjoys a good drink or would like a menu of various drinks on their mobile so they have an idea what they want when they head out or just so they know what's in a certain drink then Beer Engine & Coctail are a good combination of apps to have.
    I just wish Beer Engine were re-written to American English. It's a nifty little program, but the data is odd for us (at least me) to really use, after all, we don't measure our weight in stones and such.
    Webmaster/Technical Consultant for...

My DVD Collection - Currently: 259

Device(s)
    SE W810
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Where's the gameboy site.......... I'd like to check it out
    Tom

If you're robbing a bank and you're pants fall down, it's okay to laugh and to let the hostages laugh too, because, come on, life is funny.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6820
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I've seen a couple of references to Fexplorer but no reviews (unless I missed it, it's a long thread...!) so I thought I'd throw this in. I just downloaded the latest copy (for free) from my-symbian.com, and it is a great app. Not only can you manipulate files, but it's got some cool added features that displace other utilities I've seen, such as setting the operator logo, providing phone and provider/cell info, taking screencaps, or setting the backlight permanently on or off.

Anyways, it's not the end all-be all, but it is a cool little app and it's free, so I thought I'd give it some props... I'm a "noob" to the phone world (beyond using one for calls, that is) and this might be old news, but maybe other noobs might find it useful...

KV

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by punkserb
    worldclock pro 1.3 - super app. i use it often to check the time when i am calling or SMSing europe so i don't wake them or something. nice useful app . especially if you travel or need times in other parts of the world
    Try as I might, I can't get any cities other than the default 2 (Liverpool and London) to be displayed. Matter of fact, I have no list of cities at all. I know the app works well, if it's anything like the version I have on my PDA.

Feedback Score
    My opnions thus far:
    -Psiloc Screen Saver - LOVE IT

-Psiloc Space Doubler - removed

-Psiloc Extended Profiles - not a huge fan (better served for the P800 )

-FeXplorer - LOVE IT

-SeleQ - removed, no advantages for me over FeXplorer

-TipicME - doesn't work

-TipicME Pro - LOVE IT

-Agile Messenger - still loaded, rarely used :rolleyes2

-CellTracker - kinda cool, novelty

-AvantGo - LOVE IT

-Doris Browser - LOVE IT

-Netfront Browser - removed, memory hog

-Opera browser - removed, doesn't work

-Webviewer - removed, memory hog

-AppMan - LOVE IT

-Coojo - sucks

Feedback Score
    almost forgot

-PhotoSMS sucked -

Feedback Score
    -Psiloc extended file manager - removed, no adavantage over FExplorer with Appman or Switcher

-Switcher - a very nice freeware if you don't wanna buy Appman, Appman provides a bit more info but Swithcer reports memory which is the main benefit to both apps

My summary:
    Good freeware: FExplorer, Celltracker, Switcher, AgileMessenger (Darla likes it ), AvantGo

Good shareware: TipicME pro (currently free), Doris Browser, Appman, Psiloc Sceen Saver

Bad period: TipME basic, Coojo, Netfront, Webviewer, Opera, Psiloc eFilemanager, Psiloc extended profiles, Psiloc space doubler, PhotoSMS, SeleQ (FExplorer does the same thing and its free)
    Last edited by 100thMonkey; 10-11-2003 at 03:05 PM.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast