Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Free WAP on Verizon Slider

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You need to highlight the URL and then press the OK botton not the call botton.

Hope this helps.
    Devilish

Use the provider with the best coverage for you and your area not the provider with the best handset in your pocket.

Device(s)
    Kyocera Slider SE47
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Re: i must be dumb

I think all you have to do is then run teh wap web browser which is teh left scroll button hit and hold...that then runs teh mobile web. worked on mine. when they then ask for a web address, i use www.yahoo.com

Device(s)
    MDA
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    i tried both... holding the left button goes to virgin xtras i which i do not have virgin (i have the unlocked one on verizon) and highlighting it and pressing ok goes to more options and none of which says to go to that site. Do i have to subscribe to virginmobile or something? i thought free wap meant free internet on your phone. are minutes counted toward your airtime?

Device(s)
    VZW Customer Council Member
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by jaguar_wsc
    i tried both... holding the left button goes to virgin xtras i which i do not have virgin (i have the unlocked one on verizon) and highlighting it and pressing ok goes to more options and none of which says to go to that site. Do i have to subscribe to virginmobile or something? i thought free wap meant free internet on your phone. are minutes counted toward your airtime?
    This is what I am doing at it works... I have wap.google.com defined as a URL contact. I open up contacts, hit OK on WAP Google, hit the down arrow once to select the URL, and hit Send.

Yes, using WAP uses airtime as any call would.

Device(s)
    MDA
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score

dammit

dammit... nothing happens when i do this. i open up contact and scroll to a wap contact name... press ok... then it shows options and the wap URL... i press down once to highlight the wap url and press send... nothing happens at all.... i press ok and it goes to more options like erase.edit, view, exit. none of them take me to a connecting screen.

PS when i enter in the wap site ip and port, one of the zeros in the ip (099) is automatically removed. is that supposed to happen?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score

Re: dammit

dammit... nothing happens when i do this. i open up contact and scroll to a wap contact name... press ok... then it shows options and the wap URL... i press down once to highlight the wap url and press send... nothing happens at all.... i press ok and it goes to more options like erase.edit, view, exit. none of them take me to a connecting screen.

PS when i enter in the wap site ip and port, one of the zeros in the ip (099) is automatically removed. is that supposed to happen?
    Yeah, the zero going away shouldn't be a problem.

In your contact entry, is "http" ahead of the rest of the URL? In my case, my entry says "http://wap.google.com/" and the type is set to URL.

Device(s)
    SE47
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Question How is it free?

Do I use my minutes when browsing the web though? Or are you saying that this is completly free?

Feedback Score

Re: How is it free?

Originally posted by hongkongrr
    Do I use my minutes when browsing the web though? Or are you saying that this is completly free?
    Browsing doesn't use minutes.

Device(s)
    MDA
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: dammit

Originally posted by pgens
    Yeah, the zero going away shouldn't be a problem.

In your contact entry, is "http" ahead of the rest of the URL? In my case, my entry says "http://wap.google.com/" and the type is set to URL.

yes http is in front... i even tried it without. it doesnt even say its trying to connect. the only time it says its trying to connect is when i hold the left arrow and it tries to connect to virginxtras and fails. i guess my phone wont let you wap?

Device(s)
    SE47
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Question

So then no charge is incurred at all? Sorry for being so skeptical, but I just wanted to be completly sure. Thanks for all help

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: How is it free?

Originally posted by RNS
    Browsing doesn't use minutes.
    On Verizon it certainly does... it will show as a "data" call on the bill. I've been using WAPTunnel for long enough to know.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: Re: dammit

yes http is in front... i even tried it without. it doesnt even say its trying to connect. the only time it says its trying to connect is when i hold the left arrow and it tries to connect to virginxtras and fails. i guess my phone wont let you wap?
    Yeah, unfortunately I don't know what the problem could be... mine's working fine on my VM Slider on Verizon. Maybe there is a software difference somewhere.

Device(s)
    MDA
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    well that sucks ×××. is there a housing for the slider like the one you got in your avatar?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score
    well that sucks ×××. is there a housing for the slider like the one you got in your avatar?
    No, I think the avatar is a Seimens Slider, which is designed a little differently than the Kyocera.

Device(s)
    SE47
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Question

Hey pgens,

So the data call uses your minutes? So technically at night I can surf WAP all i want?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast