Thread: o2 online questions

Device(s)
    Motorola v600
    Carrier(s)
    o2
    Feedback Score

o2 online questions

I've been on an online offpeak o2 tariff for a month or so now, and I've realised that it might be more productive to post on here rather than waiting around for a reply from o2's email support. Anyway, if anyone knows the answer to these questions..

1) What are the limits for sending mms messages regarding file types, file sizes and image dimensions? I've sent 3 messages out so far and none have worked (although this could be the vodafone users on the end not having their phone set up for mms)

3) I had some 'premium text messages' charged on my bill. I bought a couple of games from the o2 website. Anyone know if 'premium text' could apply to these?

4) On the online tariff summary, there's 0.5Mb of gprs and 500 wap minutes listed. Is this an either/or situation depending on whether you've got a gprs phone or not or do both apply?

Also, I'm a bit concerned with having an online tariff as the o2 website seems pretty unstable and often just times out when I'm trying to look at my bill, or it goes to a 'not found' url. This is on various browsers.

cheers

ed

Device(s)
    Motorola V600
    Carrier(s)
    O2
    Feedback Score
    customer support for o2 is really bad!

in answer to your questions:

1)I've not noticed any file size limits for the MMS messages and i have included sounds and pics an all. I too was having problems so i rang the pricey customer care line (from work!) and asked them about it. They said they would email me the settings (which i never got!) but since that call the MMS messages worked!!

2)Premium text messages are the games you have downloaded!

3) Am guessing that the 500 wap minutes is the amount of time you have been online. GPRS is the amount of stuff you download such as pics, ringtones, etc.

Finally the o2 website is as poor as the customer service on the 50p/min phone line! I dont have a problem checking the bill, but anything else i want doin through the site just doesn't work!

Feedback Score
    1) Limit is 100KB, though I'm not aware of any file type limitations.
    2) Yeah, the downloaded games/ringtones appear like that on your bill
    3) As far as I'm aware you do get both, the 500 minutes and the 0.5MB GPRS.

However, I don't work at the Online section of O2 so don't take what I say as gospel.

Cheers

Device(s)
    Nokia N95 8Gb
    Carrier(s)
    Orange UK
    Feedback Score
    Yes you do definately get both the 500 wap minutes AND 0.5Mb of GPRS data, you may already know this but GPRS is free until 1st April.
    Dave

Device(s)
    Motorola v600
    Carrier(s)
    o2
    Feedback Score

1st April?

I thought it ended on the 1st March? Where do they tell you these things?

OK, bit confused by the wap/gprs thing. So I've got my gprs allowance and once that's used up, I could change my settings so it uses gsm or whatever to access the 500min of wap time? Or is it 500min online and you can download 512K of data - so you get charged for whichever limit you go over first?

My brain hurts.

Device(s)
    SE P910i
    Feedback Score
    It was supposed to end at 1st March, but they have extended it for another month. It was announced on here, but I am not sure where the user got the information from.
    Phone History: Ericsson GA628 (Vodaphone) > Sagem RC 815 (Vodaphone) > Ericsson T18 (Vodaphone) > Trium Mars (Genie) > Siemens C25 (1-2-1) > Nokia 3310 (1-2-1/T-Mobile) > SE P800 (O2) > Current: SE P910i (Orange)

Feedback Score
    It is true... Due to "technical difficulties" it has been extended 'til 1st April... Will it ever end?

Not complaining or anything!

Cheers

Device(s)
    Nokia N95 8Gb
    Carrier(s)
    Orange UK
    Feedback Score

Re: 1st April?

Originally posted by edhead
    I thought it ended on the 1st March? Where do they tell you these things?

OK, bit confused by the wap/gprs thing. So I've got my gprs allowance and once that's used up, I could change my settings so it uses gsm or whatever to access the 500min of wap time? Or is it 500min online and you can download 512K of data - so you get charged for whichever limit you go over first?

My brain hurts.
    I know pre-pay users can find out this sort of thing by calling 2202.

Yeh, u may as well use GPRS all the time at the moment but when GPRS becomes chargeable u could use your 0.5MB of GPRS then change ur settings to Dial up wap (CSD) and then use your 500 minutes or vice versa.
    Last edited by Davescot; 03-10-2004 at 02:17 PM.